• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Yeah I'm stuck at one of the tree puzzles , had no problem with the ones before it so I went on a trip to the dessert instead.

Tried to play Fallout 3, but it's crashing and hanging up constantly because of the Win10 problems, so I've decided to go onto Alpha Protocol, which is pretty good so far.

some advice: rotate mission areas. the game rewards you for doing missions in different locations instead to sticking to one section and finishing it.

also, stealth and pistols.

FloatOn

You maybe don't know yet, but you just dropped an medicore lRPG for one of the best. Good on you.

I will never understand the gaf love for alpha protocol

people have tried to explain it

I have tried to like it but the game just fails on all levels for me

Jawmuncher

I will never understand the gaf love for alpha protocol

people have tried to explain it

I have tried to like it but the game just fails on all levels for me

Don't worry I'm right there with ya. Was pretty unimpressed with Alpha Protocol. Way to much to shift through just for the dialog system which is really the best thing about it.

Alpha Protocol feels like a real spy game, and when you get to make choices those choices affect your playthrough for real (and not in the Telltale kind of way)
It's true that the gameplay is pretty janky and a bit broken in some aspects, and that it looks pretty bad graphically.

derExperte

There are people who already solved 400 puzzles in The Witness, so I suppose the 70 hours mark is not true at all?

Who bought the game four hours ago? I seriously doubt that that's physically possible even if you know the solutions.

Also they published a patch, shadows now work on AMD cards.

FloatOn

Don't worry I'm right there with ya. Was pretty unimpressed with Alpha Protocol. Way to much to shift through just for the dialog system which is really the best thing about it.

yep

and I feel like at this point with the popularity of telltale games and life is strange that people can experience dialog trees without all the jank

and I mean I even like jank sometimes. like that one time I beat Risen

I really need a Steam Controller:

Well, you either need to get one or eat a bag of dicks. (EDIT: don't have the time to properly cite reference material) There doesn't appear to be a third option.

There's also not a distinct timeline on when the transaction needs to occur. We either need ShortsForTallPeople to give some regulatory clarity or interpretive guidance on this issue.

Third. It just left me a little cold. I wish there the dialogue had a little more context clues to give some weight to your responses, or a hint at what your response may yield. As is, I felt like I was either willy-nilly answering or just pushing myself into a single role, neither of which felt natural to the situation.

Red Hood

Banned
Has GMG stopped with their 20% vouchers? They used to be on the homepage all the time but it looks like they're replaced with the option of buying gift cards?

Jawmuncher

Alpha Protocol feels like a real spy game, and when you get to make choices those choices affect your playthrough for real (and not in the Telltale kind of way)
It's true that the gameplay is pretty janky and a bit broken in some aspects, and that it looks pretty bad graphically.

The gameplay is by far it's biggest issue. Nice to have options but when your budget takes a cut so you bypass the polish that's never good.

so I guess I finished D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die... wtf, theres only 2 episodes and I doubt itll get a third since it came out forever ago and the company seems to be having money issues. the worst part is that it was just starting to get interesting too cause episode 1 was really boring if we're being honest.

I love that the North Koreans are called Norks.

NORKS

I love squeezing a soft pair o' norks.

Always lovely with some british wit, or whatever you'd call it.

i lol'd at that too

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
so I guess I finished D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die... wtf, theres only 2 episodes and I doubt itll get a third since it came out forever ago and the company seems to be having money issues. the worst part is that it was just starting to get interesting too cause episode 1 was really boring if we're being honest.

Oh, there's only two episodes? Damn, I guess I got farther in it than I thought. I think I got about half way through Ep 2. Might have to swoop in and finish that one up too.

MRORANGE

Just an update on what I'm trying to make at the moment:

It works!

16J2gJ5.jpg

8SqYE7d.jpg

TMfsYsO.jpg

Plugged into a raspberry Pi2 through headphone jack

Things to consider:

- making it all run on 12v, this is VERY tricky, the pin to solder too is microscopic I could easily end up blowing the thing up, maybe a 5v to 12v USB could work????
- screen is running at 640x480 and looks really tiny - this is an easy fix in the config file.
- get rid of black borders.
-- need to find a diagram or instructions on how ot wire the RCA correctly on the zero.
- need to find a way to run sound.....
- If I can get it running on 5v I would love to have it battery powered, this shouldn't be too hard to do.

Other than that it's a very bright and clear scneen that runs amazingly well and the refresh rate is pretty damn good, input delay is not noticeable for me, for the £12 I paid for it was worth it.

dex3108

Valve really needs to separate tech issues from game reviews on Steam. Many of those issues will be fixed but reviews will stay.

Oh, there's only two episodes? Damn, I guess I got farther in it than I thought. I think I got about half way through Ep 2. Might have to swoop in and finish that one up too.

eh don't worry about it, it just raises more questions and no answers. You can take your sweet time, who knows, maybe by some miracle episode 3 will release by the time you finally get around to playing it.

gabbo

Finally finished Witcher 2 and got to fire up The Wild Hunt, and oh man. I haven't even done anything (I'm running around Kaer Morhen with Ciri) and I already love it.
I just need a better video card...

brau

Finally finished Witcher 2 and got to fire up The Wild Hunt, and oh man. I haven't even done anything (I'm running around Kaer Morhen with Ciri) and I already love it.

Such a big step from 2 huh? I just love how personal the game feels.

Also. Gwent <3

ooooh you're in for a treat. Witcher 3 is so much better than Witcher 2.

The Wittness looks really neat and the design appeals to me but I'm afraid I really won't be able to solve enough of what it asks of me. This is based on trying to get through Braid and getting stuck. Maybe I'll start a new game with that to get my confidence up before doing theW.

I really need a Steam Controller:

I need one with a cool wrapping like that one!

Knurek

Isn't The Witness just some kind of variation on Slitherlink? The videos I watched on solving the puzzles are giving me that kind of vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom