• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Acula

Banned
YKJK117.jpg

Glad to see all my pledges are doing well!

zkylon

zkylewd
Ah sweet, Tides in in beta and I'm a backer!

BCrBVDT.png

Haha, guess it wasn't included :\
you a patron of the digital arts as well haha?

that leveling system they added to pledging is really dumb lol

YKJK117.jpg

Glad to see all my pledges are doing well!
nice

i've actually gotten an email from the wanderer kickstarter yesterday and i had forgotten that i backed it

i love that about kickstarter, such a nice and fun build up reading about the game's development leading up to its release

cdyhybrid

Anyone having issues logging in? I either got kicked out of my session or my login cookie expired, but I'm getting an error page when I try to recover my password.

Edit: Never mind, going through a web browser worked fine. Ignore me.

Dr.Acula

Banned
They changed the system after the kickstarter closed. I'm bummed by that but it isn't like I don't have a ton of things to play.

I'm in Dragon's Dogma right now. I should be done with it by the time White March II drops, which means I can get into Pillars of Eternity (about 3 hours in on that game, only).

Teggy

Me in my first session with The Witness:

Yes, solved all these puzzles, next area! Solved all these puzzles, next area! Solved all these puzzles, something important happened I think!

Me in my second session with the Witness:

Hm...I don't think I know how to solve these puzzles, next area. Hm, don't know how to solve these either. Nope, and not those. Time for bed.

I'm going to solve this thing on my own if it kills me, though.

:O Flying is so nice! Cranked up view distance massively since it's crucial in the air and doesn't affect performance too much at this height.
At first I flew in third-person but I couldn't wrap my head around mouse view, let alone mouse control. So I went first-person for the rest and man, man is it immersive. I do have a serious lack in flight experience for now but it is so much fun to bank and look at villages while turning, lining the enemy from far far away and diving down all the while firing rockets at the target just pull up the nose at the last moment only then realizing the reckless speeds at which I'm flying daring moves. So good.

Man, I'd love to have a competent flight-stick with extra rudder and thrust controls for maximum immersion. Controlling via wasdqe is finicky but still leagues ahead of mouse control. Still judder at that "experience".
VR could as well make this even more enjoyable. Maybe just a system ala Kinect which translates head movement would do the trick well enough.

Here my little attack maneuvers at an enemy convoy (WebM). Very satisfying to finally pull it off. And the lovingly detailed cockpit with its actually functioning instruments. Splendid!

Jawmuncher

So 3 out of 9 being on PC isn't bad. Hell techincally we shouldn't even count the nintendo stuff so 3 out of 6 is good. Then if we want to lower it even more since MVC3 is an older title 3 out of 5 looks even better. Then with some more moving and the very likely chance that revelator will come to PC (Since we have Xrd) we're now at 3 out of 4. So now we just need Namco to bring us Tekken 7 and we're all set. Oh forgot we won't have the complete edition of MKX though.

CZspM7ZWYAEWwJZ.jpg:large

You know what makes me sad? Sega not porting their old PC games to Steam, like Sonic Heroes, the original Typing of the Dead, etc.

And also, where are the releases of Resident Evil 2 and RE3 PC? If it were up to me though I'd include RE2 with the remake as a neat bonus.

Jawmuncher

You know what makes me sad? Sega not porting their old PC games to Steam, like Sonic Heroes, the original Typing of the Dead, etc.

And also, where are the releases of Resident Evil 2 and RE3 PC? If it were up to me though I'd include RE2 with the remake as a neat bonus.

Yeah I would think for the cost of porting Dragons Dogma, they probably could have brought a good chunk of the older games with PC ports en masse to PC.

That's been my gripe for a lot of games.

They have PC versions of games that already exists that aren't on Steam.

There is a goddamn PC version of Bill Hatcher for peat sake.

So 3 out of 9 being on PC isn't bad. Hell techincally we shouldn't even count the nintendo stuff so 3 out of 6 is good. Then if we want to lower it even more since MVC3 is an older title 3 out of 5 looks even better. Then with some more moving and the very likely chance that revelator will come to PC (Since we have Xrd) we're now at 3 out of 4. So now we just need Namco to bring us Tekken 7 and we're all set. Oh forgot we won't have the complete edition of MKX though.

Good selection of games ( except for pokken , 2 player versus via lan wth? ) , SF4 had a good run hope that SF5 can be the main game for at least the same amount of years as SF4

Jawmuncher

Good lineup. I'll probable watch all of 'em except Smash.

Agreed. Smash with no snake ain't worth shit.

Sooo.... will they be bringing Tekken 7 arcade machines to Evo or are they planning to surprise our souls with a PC announcement?

That's apparently what they did last year. But yeah that would be a good place to announce a PC version. They have really been silent on the matter.
Since there has been no outright denial, just straight silence on a PC port. With it being UE, there's really no reason not to bring it.

Momentary

Banned
Agreed. Smash with no snake ain't worth shit.

That's apparently what they did last year. But yeah that would be a good place to announce a PC version. They have really been silent on the matter.
Since there has been no outright denial, just straight silence on a PC port. With it being UE, there's really no reason not to bring it.

What's weird is that Harada enjoys playing on STEAM, but it's not his show to run I guess.

Ban Puncher

SND7tzA.png

If you ask me, Tekken 7 on PC makes more sense than bringing both Naruto and DBZ to steam. So it's odd we have those and not that.

I don't think so. Both Naruto and Dragonball are world-spread IP, well-known for their anime shows and movies. Their shows are still running even to this day (their original shows, in fact). My local theaters have imported the movies several times as well. While Tekken, in the other hand, is only well known among Sony fans.

Jawmuncher

I don't think so. Both Naruto and Dragonball are world-spread IP, well-known for their anime shows and movies. Their shows are still running even to this day (their original shows, in fact). My local theaters have imported the movies several times as well. While Tekken, in the other hand, is only well known among Sony fans.

Tekken as a series has sold almost 50 million worldwide. Even if it's been at home on playstation most of the time, it's a big series. I would say it's almost on par with Street Fighter in terms of being known by the masses.

Momentary

Banned
Tekken as a series has sold almost 50 million worldwide. Even if it's been at home on playstation most of the time, it's a big series. I would say it's almost on par with Street Fighter in terms of being known by the masses.

I wish I could say the same about Virtua Fighter. Game deserves more notoriety... and deserves to have it latest iteration released on Steam so I can play as that bad ass Kujo. Always wanted to try out his moveset.

Sch1sm

The only thing I know about Tekken is that it's not Virtua Fighter.
...and even then, I googled to make sure they weren't the same game.

If the Canadian dollar sinks any lower I think I'll crack.

tempt me not

It'll keep sinking lower all year, so my suggestion at this point is either convert your money now, buy USD steam wallet, or, you know. Just buy everything now before all our games cost $89.99. :(

Yes, Tekken is the biggest series of all three. However, whether it's well known for the PC crowds or not, it's still a mystery. I believe that's the reason why they're still holding out on Tekken PC. It'll be big on PC someday, that's for sure.

-------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, is this true?
SE's stream is using a non-legit Windows lol. Busted, live. Total awkwardness.

Jawmuncher

Yes, Tekken is the biggest series of all three. However, whether it's well known for the PC crowds or not, it's still a mystery. I believe that's the reason why they're still holding out on Tekken PC. It'll be big on PC someday, that's for sure.

Anyway, is this true?

I don't really get where you're coming from. Street Fighter wasn't a PC series and now it does well there.

Anyway, is this true?

Always amusing when companies bitch about piracy but give no fucks so long as it isn't their own product.

tuxfool

Banned
Anyway, is this true?

It could just be that they changed too many components, or installed the drive into a new pc.

Then didn't bother to do the BS phone code thing because it is a pain in the ass.

Lomax

Always amusing when companies bitch about piracy but give no fucks so long as it isn't their own product.

The biggest perpetrators of software piracy are major industries/corporations. That's why there's bounty programs and regular federal investigations. Game piracy is barely a blip in comparison.

Momentary

Banned
It could just be that they changed too many components, or installed the drive into a new pc.

Then didn't bother to do the BS phone code thing because it is a pain in the ass.

This is probably the case.

Major companies that do things like that just skip the activation process when they have to install, reinstall, move things around.

I have to put up with it everyday working cyber security and dealing with Virtual Machines and imaging countless PCs.

But people who don't know any better are going to try and blow it out of proportion because of drama.

I see, that totally makes sense guys.

I don't really get where you're coming from. Street Fighter wasn't a PC series and now it does well there.

Literally, or by idiom?
I was only addressing the comparison with Naruto and DBZ, and I think I understand why they decided to bring them first before Tekken. But in the end, you have a point there. And as I've said earlier, Tekken will be big on PC.

RobNBanks

Banned

how does marvel keep making it to Evo?

it's the bad rats of evo lineups for like the past 3 years

Uzzy

A third of EVO is now non-fighting games. Fan fucking tastic. At least I'll get to see the family, get some pizza and have a piss break during finals day, ffs. This is the darkest timeline.

Been playing Majora's Mask on the 3DS, once you can slow down time and stuff the time mechanic isn't so annoying. I was planning on beating RE4 after D4 since I'm pretty sure I'm more than half way through it (last I remember I'm somewhere in the castle, although I don't remember where) but screw that, I think I'm just gonna keep playing this instead.
A third of EVO is now non-fighting games. Fan fucking tastic. At least I'll get to see the family, get some pizza and have a piss break during finals day, ffs. This is the darkest timeline.

what are you talking about? they're all fighting games.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah dunno what's about it but the witness like talos principle is also making me feel a bit of motion sickness

game's pretty cool, the amount of paths you can take can be pretty overwhelming and i've hit like half a dozen brick walls but i'll try some more later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom