• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

She's just supposed to be a cute girl. I would say there is zero sexual intent.

They're probably using the fan translation.

This screen from the English translation of the sequel describes SteamGAF fairly well. :p

LiEat2Screen2.png

She's just supposed to be a cute girl. I would say there is zero sexual intent.

They're probably using the fan translation.

This screen from the English translation of the sequel describes SteamGAF fairly well. :p
LiEat2Screen2.png

From the store page:
This amazing trilogy has been beloved by JRPG enthusiasts and, for the first time ever, can be enjoyed in its entirety on Steam, in one singular package! With support from the original developer and the fan translator, PLAYISM is proud to help bring LiEat to the world at large!

Edit: omg it's made in the WOLF Engine, just like One Way Heroics. The similarities are real! I'm fully on board now.

It turns out that I already own everything in today's Humble Firaxis bonus (Classic X-COM Pack, Civ V: Scrambled Nations/Continents Map Pack, and Civ V Gods & Kings), so here's the key:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zero-Crescent, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Humble Firaxis Bonus -- MB-67B216C99004A1A7 - Taken by bigzgod

Dsyndrome

Sat there contemplating a puzzle in the Witness while doing Fourier analysis, then remembered some Donald Duck Wonderful World of Disney or something from when I was a kid that talked about conch shells and the golden ratio and all that jazz and cynically said "That's the fucking answer." Tried it to fuck around, and that was the answer.

I expect the puzzles to become impossible later.

Seems crazy to me that the Torment kickstarter was almost three years ago. Really doesn't seem like that long.

Feel like it was yesterday, I remember wanting to Kickstart it but I didn't because wasteland didn't appeal to me much.

Hopefully it will be good though.

Soulflarz

Banned
Thought you said it wasn't 10/10. Changed your mind? :p

It isn't at all
the writing
the twists
yesss

the gameplay is very standard and slow and takes up way too much of the time considering I'm playing it for the story- so no, as a game, it isn't a 10

That ending was phenomenal though and everyone should play it.

Solved one puzzle in the Castle in the Witness and nah'd straight out of there. What's the cheapest place to wash my mind via ultraviolence or Tomb Raider?

as someone INCREDIBLY HYPED for digimon on vita next week

i hope bamco brings cyber sleuth to pc eventually
I'm surprised they didn't announce a PC version along with the PS4 one. I was expecting something like Tales. I'll be getting it on my Vita now.

Ooh. Ooh. Is it port begging time again? Trails of Cold Steel on Steam would be nice, kthx XSEED/Falcom. :p
Dreaming is nice.

Probably the wonderfully comical and witty empty treasure chest messages.
CZswZlSWQAA9k0m.png

C4rter

I just found XCOM2 on the german site Gameladen for 32,99€

Apparently you can get another 5% off for subscribing to their newsletter and 1€ off if you like some of their game pages with Google and/or Facebook.
In total it comes down to 30,34€

I just found XCOM2 on the german site Gameladen for 32,99€

Apparently you can get another 5% off for subscribing to their newsletter and 1€ off if you like some of their game pages with Google and/or Facebook.
In total it comes down to 30,34€
Is it legit though? The cheapest I could find back then was Gamesplanet with 39.99€. (No GMG cuz they don't want our business)

jdw_b

dwightschrute.jpeg

29 today nooooo

Shower me with your Bad Rats gifts

There are some random left over keys in this post. Nothing great

XCOM2 bought.
The Witness bought.

Should keep me busy when it comes to games for a while, along with the 5-6 games in the backlog. Firewatch looks a bit interesting, but other then that, I don't see any must have releases until Headlander and DOTT:SE .

Question about XCOM2: Bought the digital deluxe pack on GMG, which comes with the resistance warriors DLC. Is that the DLC that will contain the extra class, or is that in an upcoming DLC?

Dr Dogg

Sooo.... will they be bringing Tekken 7 arcade machines to Evo or are they planning to surprise our souls with a PC announcement?

In my crazy head it's more a question of when rather rather than one of if. Some will say 'but it's a console franchise' but it started in arcades then to Playstation and then 360 as of Tekken 6. Even Tag 2 got a WiiU version.

But when you look at the other factors, these make it more favourable still. Arcade machines in Japan for the better part of the last 10 years have pretty much just been PCs, some of the Taito ones have a Linux based OS with some even straight up running XP. Then you have Tekken 7 running on Unreal Engine 4, Harada being massivly down with PCs and VR, Scamco doing well on Steam to the extent that they're bringing as much over as they can, even day and date with consoles on some stuff now. MarkMan posted in one of his Pick Up threads some pics of Tekken 7 arcade hardware he had with him for various work purposes and you can see it's pretty much 100% PC hardware in some custom shielding.

I mean Ultra has around 750k owners on Steam so there's obviously a big market to tap in to and I'd say Tekken is pretty much a household name at this point, more so than Tails at least, definitely more than BlazBlu and Guilty Gear which ASW have no qualms putting on PC (yet again games running in arcades on PC hardware and compilable middleware engines). Asides from some crazy business decision or prior contracts in place preventing a Steam version for x amount of time I can't see why and if not it's going to be leaving money on the table.

Ludens

Banned
It's the last payment option when you try buying a current bundle. You get no change back though (Ex. a $5 coin you spend on a $1 bundle will be used up).

:l
I won't ever spend 13$ on Groupee at once, and probably when a good bundle will release, the coins will go down the drain.

dex3108

In my crazy head it's more a question of when rather rather than one of if. Some will say 'but it's a console franchise' but it started in arcades then to Playstation and then 360 as of Tekken 6. Even Tag 2 got a WiiU version.

But when you look at the other factors, these make it more favourable still. Arcade machines in Japan for the better part of the last 10 years have pretty much just been PCs, some of the Taito ones have a Linux based OS with some even straight up running XP. Then you have Tekken 7 running on Unreal Engine 4, Harada being massivly down with PCs and VR, Scamco doing well on Steam to the extent that they're bringing as much over as they can, even day and date with consoles on some stuff now.

I mean Ultra has around 750k owners on Steam so there's obviously a big market to tap in to and I'd say Tekken is pretty much a household name at this point, more so than Tails at least, definitely more than BlazBlu and Guilty Gear which ASW have no qualms putting on PC (yet again games running in arcades on PC hardware and compilable middleware engines). Asides from some crazy business decision or prior contracts in place preventing a Steam version for x amount of time I can't see why and if not it's going to be leaving money on the table.

I think that days when 3rd party publishers could afford to release games only on one or two platforms are behind us. Also time when console manufacturers could offer enough to 3rd party publishers to get their "love" is also behind us. Today video game industry is really big and most devs/publishers are looking only hos to save their ass and if there is place and market to sell their product and cover at least porting costs they will do it. We cans see that on every Sony conference since PS4 announcement. Permanent exclusivity with 3rd party games are rare these days. And in my opinion that is good for the users and for the industry.

Haunted

A third of EVO is now non-fighting games. Fan fucking tastic. At least I'll get to see the family, get some pizza and have a piss break during finals day, ffs. This is the darkest timeline.
Trying to discredit games you don't like as non-games/non-fighting games is so 2011, get with the times bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom