• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
A third of EVO is now non-fighting games. Fan fucking tastic. At least I'll get to see the family, get some pizza and have a piss break during finals day, ffs. This is the darkest timeline.

swxSKZZ.jpg

Ozium

It's already been explained by Blow. Basically ps4 demands more achievement fluff when Blow only wanted 2 achievements. So Ps4 now has a bunch of trivial achievements along with the main 2 that Blow wanted to focus on. Steam just gets the 2. Also I don't think card would work for a game that seems to have a lot of secrets that it wants to keep.... Unless they were a bunch of line puzzles I guess

every game should have emotes

9 out of 10 Stumps agree

Ozium

A third of EVO is now non-fighting games. Fan fucking tastic. At least I'll get to see the family, get some pizza and have a piss break during finals day, ffs. This is the darkest timeline.

lol keep fightin' that good fight, fam

I can understand the "Smash is not a fighting game" mentality
I can't

but Pokken looks pretty much like Tekken mixed with an arena fighter

He's not wrong though.

oy, so you've played pokken then, innit bruv?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If you ask me, Tekken 7 on PC makes more sense than bringing both Naruto and DBZ to steam. So it's odd we have those and not that.

Lol Naruto and DBZ overall make sense on PC cause they can still sell the games to the fans of the show and some not fans there and generate easy money.

Tekken in a way we have the fact that TTT2 under performed on sales so who knows what Namco has planned there with Tekken if there is a strategy to improve sales on consoles and then bring to PC later on or what else.

Tizoc

Smash bros is a fighting game
And i say this as one of the biggest, bigger than all of fgc gaf combined, fighting game afficinado on gaf.

lol keep fightin' that good fight, fam

I can understand the "Smash is not a fighting game" mentality
I can't

but Pokken looks pretty much like Tekken mixed with an arena fighter

oy, so you've played pokken then, innit bruv?
I meant Smash. I've never even seen a trailer about Pokken.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
TBH we need to remove Melee and put Power Stone in the roster. I mean Power Stone 1 and not the not as good sequel. #SorryAboutIt

Pachimari

If Namco puts Tekken 7 on Steam, I do hope they'll add Tekken Tag 2 along the way as well. That is the perfect Tekken game. Also add Tekken 4 for good measure.

Sch1sm

Smash isn't even a Steam game, p l s.

Play a game. Latest one I've tried is Snik:

Not huge on it, in all honesty. It's a game more about timing, speed, reflexes, and calculation of moves than anything else. 24 levels of trying to get these small yellow dots with a larger navy blue one while avoiding other colours that act in different, fixed ways. No idea how people get enjoyment out of these sorts of titles. I'll never manage to 3 star a level.

is 25% off the best gmg coupon available, because dragon's dogma is 27% off here

Only other 27% I've seen recently is XCOM 2

Smash isn't even a Steam game, p l s.

Play a game. Latest one I've tried is Snik:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/388050/
Not huge on it, in all honesty. It's a game more about timing, speed, reflexes, and calculation of moves than anything else. 24 levels of trying to get these small yellow dots with a larger navy blue one while avoiding other colours that act in different, fixed ways. No idea how people get enjoyment out of these sorts of titles. I'll never manage to 3 star a level.

Only other 27% I've seen recently is XCOM 2

I played it for about 10mins and felt the same way. Couldn't even gt 3 stars on the first level. They probably need to ease you into the game a little better.

Sch1sm

I played it for about 10mins and felt the same way. Couldn't even gt 3 stars on the first level. They probably need to ease you into the game a little better.

At least a tutorial of somewhat if they refuse to dedicate levels to easing the player into it. I've realized this with a few games casual/puzzle indie games that I've been playing recently. Either no real introduction, or too long of one like we spoke of about Hook earlier this month. I'd probably be more inclined to play this if there was a wicked little soundtrack and it had some sort of platformer element, if even in its 2d minimalistic way. If they were trying at "zen," what a fail. ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom