• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Always amazes me how people get so worked up about achievements :p

some get worked up about jaggies, to ridiculous degree, some about graphics, some about resolutions, some about fps, some about graphic options, some about VAs, some about dual VAs, some about every single typo. That's how people tick, being amazing is a big part of being sentient, you know.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Santerestil, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Santerestil, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GundeadliGne -- MB-1381622BC0D3F072 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Hitogata Happa -- MB-E76B9DC3F201D674 - Taken by Kifimbo. 4 entrants total.
Sparkle 2 Evo -- MB-0EDF34B6BF523EBE - Taken by Red Hood. 3 entrants total.
Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-54B63E0D90C4BC95 - Taken by Costa1774. 2 entrants total.
Merchants of Kaidan -- MB-D3754E6D39CC331B - Taken by Sarcasm. 4 entrants total.
Gundemonium Recollection -- MB-FECDB6CCB4C31C71 - Taken by 73V3N. 7 entrants total.

t1453899895z1.png

Dr Dogg

you are probably right, not that I know any numbers except for anecdotal evidence not knowing anyone with unmodded PS and sharing games all around, like having actual lists who gets to play what when
lol
I mean US games, of course.

Don't get me wrong I had a Modchipped PS One in about '97 and back then used to either import stuff from the ads at the back of magazines or from Tottehnam Court Road Games Exchange (now become the nationwide pawn shop empire that is CEX). But I'm on the furthest reaches of enthusiast here. I mean I imported a Japanese copy of Metal Gear Solid because fuck waiting 6 month for a PAL release. Did end up getting a NA copy a month after but then I got the pleasant surprise that being a 2 disc game it wouldn't register the lid opening and reauthenticate the second disc.

Though I doubt this is the behaviour of joe bloggs.

Jawmuncher

Speaking of achievements im still curious what Street Fighter Vs are. Hoping they make a more balanced list, rather than the annoying SF4 one.

Ozium

every game should have trading cards

I think we all can agree on that.

either way you slice it you get gaben dollar droppings or some sick ass emotes

devs who don't put cards on their game are worse than greenlight key deniers

Dr Dogg

SFIV's aren't that bad bar the one to finish all character trails as only the dedicated and skilled are getting that. Though Third Strike OE's achievements are a nice balance that get you to try different things and just enough challenge so they're not piss easy.

OG MvC3 had some interesting ones regards to matchups and having certain charters either on the same team or face off against each other.

They're going to be time sink ones I guess going from history.

derExperte

Jonathan Blow is smarter than all of you. And your parents. And children. Sucks to be you. Or your children, they dumb.
I wish Jonathan Blow was my dad.

Jawmuncher

SFIV's aren't that bad bar the one to finish all character trails as only the dedicated and skilled are getting that. Though Third Strike OE's achievements are a nice balance that get you to try different things and just enough challenge so they're not piss easy.

OG MvC3 had some interesting ones regards to matchups and having certain charters either on the same team or face off against each other.

They're going to be time sink ones I guess going from history.

MVC3s get all endings got old quick though. SF3 is my favorite list, as you said a lot of variety there.

Arthea

Jonathan Blow is smarter than all of you. And your parents. And children. Sucks to be you. Or your children, they dumb.
I wish Jonathan Blow was my dad.

I thought it's common knowledge that smart people add cards, leaderboards and amazing cheevos to their games, all others only think they are smart.

Maybe he is your dad, you never really know

edited: why am I being beaten by Ozzie? Shouldn't US still sleep?

Jawmuncher

I like killer instincts achievements. They're not exactly original, but there are so many that you can get a lot out of it. Even if you can't do the harder things.

Dr Dogg

MVC3s get all endings got old quick though. SF3 is my favorite list, as you said a lot of variety there.

The worst thing was you only got the credit/ending for the person who landed the final blow on Galactus while the other 2 in your team got squat. Combine that with a huge roster and you had to be keeping note of who you still needed to unlock the ending for.

Disney if you're watching this, the things I'd do for Marvel 4 on Steam. Things a mouse has never dreamt of being imaginable. Just think about it.

Ozium

edited: why am I being beaten by Ozzie? Shouldn't US still sleep?

your scientists have yet to discover how neural networks create self consciousness, let alone how the human brain processes two dimensional retinal images into the three dimensional phenomenon known as perception

same is true for time

.oOo. Gleaming the Time Cube .oOo.

Kyougar

SuperData: The Top Earning Console/PC/Mobile Games of 2015 (Digital/Estimates)

Jesus Christ at those mobile numbers.

Jesus Christ...

I feel like crying, LOL.
Seriously, it makes damn sense for companies to develop games there, but it hurts for me as a console gamer to see the incredibile rise of mobile gaming on smartphones/tablets: i tried, but apart from very rare exceptions (i salute you, Monument Valley!) i just can't enjoy playing games on my phone.
My bad, i guess. :/

I feel that way since 2005 about the downgrade from PC to Console. But If I say that, I am suddenly a PC Masterrace goon.

The other thing? either downplaying Digital if the Data is not favorable to Consoles. or upseeling it, when your hyped up game does bad in Retail.

my Post for that:

You must not know the drill:

Halo 5 only 800k at NPD Opening month: "What? NO! It must be minimum at 50% digital. (we know it did higher than normal 28% digital in opening month)
PC vastly outperforming on digital sales: "Of course it does, Console money is all in Retail."

The reality is: EA reports ~20% Digital. So 20 to 30% digital for a console title on release is the ballpark we currently see.

B-b-b-b-but PC gaming is dead, guys! It's just a corpse at this point!

I'm going to rub this in the face of any console peasant if i get caught up in a system argument with them.

rtcn63

So I picked up Arkham Knight on PS4 and... the rain effects actually make it harder to see. And the batmobile can go apeshit if you're going really fast and trying to maneuver, particularly in the first Riddler mission.

But yeah, other than the load times, it's not terrible. Yet. Batmobile combat isn't really fun, and I'm going to stick to the main missions (and a few side ones here and there) so I don't lose interest halfway.

gelf

I find those top revenue lists depressing on every platform. I don't give a shit which platform is winning. If almost all of them aren't games I want to play then I can't see it as good news.

Haunted

There are chievs and no cards is to keep unevolved people away who are only looking for profit and can't appreciate genius.

The first five minutes I had motion sickness but then realized it was my brain growing.
:lol

The Witness manages to make me feel like the second smartest guy in the world as well as the dumbest guy in the span of five minutes.

Hektor

i love that about kickstarter, such a nice and fun build up
reading about the game's development leading up to its release

And then you remember you pledged Project Phoenix and wanna burn it all down like Nero.

Holy shit, those Dark Souls III scans.

Firelink Shrine? Man... I can't believe we're actually going back to the Anor Londo, FLS, etc

The firelink shrine is one of my favorite places in videogames. Beeing able to see it again in the new game. Dayumn. Wonder how much of the rest of Lordran we'll see again. Anor Londo? Zens Fortress? Undead Burg or what remains of it is probably a given, given its proximity to the firelink shrine.

Arthea

I find those top revenue lists depressing on every platform. I don't give a shit which platform is winning. If almost all of them aren't games I want to play then I can't see it as good news.

look at it this way, it doesn't mean that these kind of money would be poured in games you like, it's like gambling, huge money are there but they don't affect video gaming at all, even if in theory they are still kinda games. It has nothing to do with us.
I just want microtransactions out of my paid games, that's all. We should insist on that, all of us, I mean.

Dr Dogg

For those that ordered there (ie probably just me and jshackles) Rise of the Tomb Raider keys are up on GMG.

Edit: Fucks sake bottom of the page.

derExperte

THE WITNESS doesn't have micro-transactions or DLC and JONATHAN BLOW isn't Chinese. Support your local auteurs, buy genuine Made in USA products.

Dr Dogg

For those that ordered there (ie probably just me and jshackles) Rise of the Tomb Raider keys are up on GMG.

And not you're not going crazy your are seeing me post this twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom