• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
While I generally agree with you, I don't think these issues equate to: "some aspects of even the worst digital marketplaces."

I guess I should clarify that my definition of "the worst digital marketplaces" really just means Xbox Live.

RotTR benchmarks are out and AMD performance seems to be poor...not at all surprised by that

no AMD card can average 60 FPS at max settings so there's a lot of lowering to be done

MUnited83

For you.
RotTR benchmarks are out and AMD performance seems to be poor...not at all surprised by that

no AMD card can average 60 FPS at max settings so there's a lot of lowering to be done

AMD is lucky because of DX12, because otherwise there's less and less reason to pick up a AMD card.

i don't know how he could've made it any better tho

like if u quote this post and i have some fake spoilers here even if it's perfectly properly tagged as DONT CLICK ON THE SPOILER THING
cloud likes crossdressing
(ff7 disc 1 end spoilers) or whatever you still can see the text when you quote it

so if u don't want to get spoiled you can't quote the text but if a poster is talking about multiple stuff and you weren't even paying attention to the spoilered part but your eye just glanced at it by accident (as eyes tend to do) then you're fucked, which is what happened to me and that was a pretty fucking big dark souls 3 spoiler that i really didn't want to know cos it blew a really cool surprise

i mean, i get that bbcode works like this and everything but that doesn't make it any less shit

Oh, well, yeah, that's a valid point... it requires not reading what you quoted, which can be done, but isn't guaranteed... so unless posters separate their thoughts into different posts for unrelated topics, I don't think you'll be able to do anything about it really. I thought, based on the way you quoted it, that it was an issue where someone like fantomena just drops a spoiler with no indication of what it is and then people click it and have something ruined for them.

Speaking of spoilers and shit systems... Steam feed really needs a way to either disable screenshots from appearing in general, or hiding them on a game by game basis.

To be fair. Street Fighter 2 was never built to be competitive. Just a fun 2 player game. The community made it competitive.

Well, nothing from that age was built to be competitive in the sense of "people are going to play this for money in tournaments" since e-sports wasn't even really a thing back then... hell, that was before the days when people were trying to become Quake 2 gods so they could get in on the start of the e-sports craze... I knew a few guys who kind of fucked up their college experience because of that. :lol

But if you want to point something out about SF2, the thing to point out was that the original SF2 was never meant to have combos... linking moves together was just a happy accident/byproduct of how they handled the frame data (or something like that).

Ha.

Dragon's Dogma Patch 1

Welp, that explains how they fucked up my button mod.

What are the odds of this coming to the biggest gaming platform (revenue-wise)?

Probably about the same as Bloodborne or Demon's Souls and a little less likely than Bayonetta 2.

Random thought:

Arc System Works needs to learn how to do patches.
Every Xrd patch I can remember is 3.2gb. Jeeez.

Also:

Thanks PS+, Helldivers is free in Feb. Just another reason to hold off for a hefty discount on the PC version.

Another:
If you play or are interested in Vermintide, the game has double xp going on right now to "celebrate" their most recent patch.

Maniac

Banned
There's no reason to support a brand that's already dead. They just don't know it yet.

The company (in its current incarnation) is dead for sure, it's only a matter of time. The brand might live on after a buyout or an asset fire-sale. We'll see about that one, I guess.

Not happy about that. A Nvidia 980 is about 300 out of my price range. Plus new cards are "coming soon."

sans the crazy hair shit, I don't recall having THAT much trouble maintaining high settings.

Same here. I have a 7950 with 3 gigs and it handled everything but crazy hair fine at 1080p.

and the RotTR benchmarks were done with FXAA + max settings (so not fully max all the way as far as AA goes)

just imagine what it would be with SSAA x2 or x4

----

top 3 AMD cards were R9 Fury X and R9 Fury Nitro at 57 and 55 average...next "best" was 390X at 47

Knurek

gj NVIDIA:

28z4uuU.png

Maniac

Banned
sans the crazy hair shit, I don't recall having THAT much trouble maintaining high settings.

My mate had a high-end AMD card at the time, and couldn't run it at max settings on anything reasonable. TressFX ran like absolute shite on his rig, too.

Which is kind of amazing in the worst of ways for an AMD partner title with AMD tech. I myself didn't touch the game until the middle of '15, so I didn't have much issue with it on a 780ti.

Jawmuncher

Speaking of GPUs mine magically started working again. It's probably still on life support but the fan seems to be ok for the moment.

How often does Rocksmith DLC go on sale, or is it only during the major (summer, winter) sales that they go cheaper? And does any site besides uPlay or Steam sell them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom