• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mfxf0w364J1rqb8h7o1_500.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Alcoholikaust, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

To the Moon -- MB-CC71302B54CD1F86 - Taken by texhnolyze
Deponia -- MB-14C41F7CFCB66741 - Taken by UnderWaterTree
System Shock 2 -- MB-E5954CF92D2E6A27 - Taken by ThirtyFour
Prime World: Defenders -- MB-6C6FFDA2F3BE68D7 - Taken by Henry Swanson
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky -- MB-CC5AA219F9AF271D - Taken by crazyrabbits
Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword -- MB-ADDB584CD0F0D05B - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Magicka -- MB-E54DD1B532F511BF - Taken by mp1990
Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition -- MB-96C4B0A9BB467E2C - Taken by Zeeman

Adry9

Not happy about that. A Nvidia 980 is about 300 out of my price range. Plus new cards are "coming soon."

Same here. I have a 7950 with 3 gigs and it handled everything but crazy hair fine at 1080p.

7950 here too, I really hope I can stay locked at 30 fps on High settings :S

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm done with Axiom Verge. Got 100%, may return to do some of the low % and speedrun achievements someday. I really liked it and I'm baffled that this was all done by one man. Imagine juggling programming, doing art, level design, writing and even composing the damn score, which is amazing too. HOW. If only I could have 10% of that talent, I'd be happy.

Uzzy

ROTR looks pretty good. I kinda want to see how good it looks on my 980TI, but I just know it'll be another case of style over substance.

Damn tempting though.

dex3108

The Winter Battle Pass

Introducing the Winter 2016 Battle Pass, available now[www.dota2.com]! Take your Dota skills and your treasure collection to the next level as you play your way to digital fortune and glory. Level up your Battle Pass by fulfilling in-game Quests and wagering on matches to score Battle Points, then head into the gallery of Rewards to marvel at the haul of your efforts. Including several exclusive seasonal features, the Winter 2016 Battle Pass is the perfect digital companion for the hibernal months to come.

Also featured in this Battle Pass, the 2016 Shanghai Major Compendium makes its debut in advance of the upcoming competition at Mercedes-Benz Arena. As the opening games draw near, the compendium will become your source for upcoming Shanghai Major news and activities, hosting recaps of the road to the Major, team profiles, tournament predictions, and all of the things you need to follow the action no matter how far you are from the main stage.

Lastly, we are happy to report the addition of a helpful new feature! In the new Conduct Summary, you can see how many abandons, reports, and commendations you have received in your past 25 games, including what percentage of the community has numbers similar to yours. By keeping track of your conduct in recent games, you'll have more information to understand your in-game behavior within the context of the larger Dota community. To learn more, visit the FAQ[www.dota2.com].

Be sure to check out the patch notes for details on other changes included in this update.

ROTR looks pretty good. I kinda want to see how good it looks on my 980TI, but I just know it'll be another case of style over substance.

Damn tempting though.
Speak of, Tomb Raider's |OT is up.
2aN746W.gif

TR2013 surprised me a lot. I really wonder how TR2013-2 will end up being overall, as an improvement or what.

And to top it all off, it's releasing on that day. Y'all know the one.

Anno

Oh god this winter compendium/season pass. Volvo I already don't have enough time to play the games I want to. Please don't make me play hundreds more hours of Dota.

Honestly though this is a neat evolution of what they did for the Fall major. I wonder if this will just evolve into what's effectively a voluntary quarterly subscription the delivers you new hats and incentives to play.

Damn tempting though.

My hope is that the story will be marginally better since she is already a godless killing machine. Don't have to deal w/ that shit anymore.

Maniac

Banned
I don't know, i don't play Dodo 2 :D I am just interested to see how many way will Valve find to monetize Dodo 2 :D

It's all been very beneficial to the community in both small and big ways, so... I think it's a good thing, even if I wish I could have all of it... Man, I miss playing Doto.

rocket league is still pretty good guys

i was actually playing it earlier today on my ps4. i went a match where for the entire 5 minutes neither my team or the enemy team scored and when we went into overtime they got the first hit and no one stayed behind to defend and they scored; it was funny but sad.

Maniac

Banned
My hope is that the story will be marginally better since she is already a godless killing machine. Don't have to deal w/ that shit anymore.

I just want the old, sexy pistols.

And the old platforming and puzzle gameplay.

So, you know, none of the new stuff.
Surely they're going to ship and update for GO soon? It's been a while since the last operation.

Record operation-less time since the very start of operations, in fact.

mp1990

Banned
Guys, i need some help immediately. I can't do anything that isn't playing Risk of Rain all day long, this game is too damn good D:

Dr Dogg

I for one welcome Serious Sam 4 and the possibility of the Serious Stream 2.0 whenever there's some crazy exploitable cable bill credit promotion going on again.

Uzzy

While I'm still salty as fuck over the EVO lineup, I did just watch the Tekken 7 Nina Williams reveal and got very excited to hear Mary Elizabeth McGlynn once more.

She should just voice everyone. Better bring Tekken 7 to PC too!

Dr Dogg

I had a chuckle when someone in the EVO announcement thread pointed out there are more Nintendo games present than Capcom ones.

Hope some of the side stuff like Catherine returns in force too. Though maybe a teeny bit better organised regards to scheduling.

Root Double Kickstarter juuuust might make the cut.

Which is good. Best change of us getting Ever 17 on Steam.

Pretty glad this might happen. Sounds like a pretty intriguing story (Zero Escape type stuff).

And there goes all my card money that I was saving up for The Witness :p

Can well sell our items?

The blog post mentions that they're suspending the regular 3 month trading cooldown for items that you get with this compendium. There might be some restrictions or exceptions but it looks like they're going back to letting you sell your stuff immediately for this period.

I had a chuckle when someone in the EVO announcement thread pointed out there are more Nintendo games present than Capcom ones.

Hope some of the side stuff like Catherine returns in force too. Though maybe a teeny bit better organised regards to scheduling.

the catherine stuff was actually the best part to me.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You and morningbus will play it for charity and you will love every minute of it. ;)

I for one welcome Serious Sam 4 and the possibility of the Serious Stream 2.0 whenever there's some crazy exploitable cable bill credit promotion going on again.

I had been kicking it around and was going to wait for a firm release date before taking about it, but I'll confirm here that I'll be doing another Serious Stream for Serious Sam 4 when it's released. It'll be for charity and as close to the game's release as possible.

Still need to figure out how to make it a proper fund drive with incentives/punishments for me playing the game, but there's time.

Vsync suddenly stopped working in the Witness when I play on my 4K tv, even tried disabling gsync which is never a problem when I switch over to the tv anyway.

Can't handle it.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think i almost always explain why i think something's dumb, and i try to make the distinction when it's because of objective or subjective reasons. and let's be real, a lot of games are pretty fucking dumb

also ppl take my comments more seriously than meant to be taken sometimes

weirdos

For the wheedlers among us (courtesy of Rock, Paper, Shotgun): Have you played games with 'No Spider' Mods?
fuck me i forgot what wheelder means already

i'm the absolute worst

also that's a sad article

my "fuck spiders" list is nearing the 200 i think, i should make that available someday

The only game an arachnaphobe will never want to play, for sure, is Avernum: Escape From the Pit. The spiders there are... memorable, to say the least. And it's a great game, in part, because of this.
huh

I'm getting irritated over the steam reviews for The Witness, guess no handholding puzzle games that rely on you being able to learn from the puzzles without having someone to tell you exactly what you're supposed to do is not attractive.

Also almost all reviews seems to have less than 70% approving the review is helpful, guess it's a divicive game in opinions.
I love it and would hope more pick it up but it seems the steam userbase is still pretty hung up on the "indie for $40? No never because it's not AAA then it can't be $40 even if it is a big budget indie and everything"
i don't think the price thing is something to be dismissed. 40 bucks is money and ppl aren't used to thinking of puzzles games as big money games the same way they see regular aaa games.

so i find it's kind of natural to see this reaction and even if it's kind of funny it says a lot about the current situation of indie games and how much ppl link production values with price, which is probably gaming as a whole's fault for using production values as the #1 marketing device

obviously not jonathan blow's fault but u know, audiences have been molded for years to be as they are

personally, while i'm liking the witness so far in all its glorious mystery and fuckyoui'mhardness i kind of dread the idea of playing it for 80 hours, specially cos i think movement in that game feels bad. like, i understand it's supposed to be kind of meditative and crap, but i just wanna jump over that fucking ledge

Oh, well, yeah, that's a valid point... it requires not reading what you quoted, which can be done, but isn't guaranteed... so unless posters separate their thoughts into different posts for unrelated topics, I don't think you'll be able to do anything about it really. I thought, based on the way you quoted it, that it was an issue where someone like fantomena just drops a spoiler with no indication of what it is and then people click it and have something ruined for them.

Speaking of spoilers and shit systems... Steam feed really needs a way to either disable screenshots from appearing in general, or hiding them on a game by game basis.
nah, in the unclear spoilers scenario it's no fault of neogaf and it's all on the user. this problem is 100% on neogaf and 0% on the user, hektor was quoting someone else entirely and couldn't really do anything but make two posts (which is unreasonable) to prevent it

i've noticed the quoting-spoilers issue a while ago but never before now i had felt it had really fucked me over, specially cos it's dark souls and surprises on those games feel so special and now a really big one is ruined :T

BadRamen

Yes to Devolver Digital jumping on the Metal Wolf Chaos to PC hype train (maybe we can finally get 3D Dot Game Heroes or is that owned not by FROM?)

Yes to SMB Advance 4 with the e-card levels on Wii U

Yes to Catherine getting on PC (no indication anywhere of this, just hyping myself up)

Parsnip

I had been kicking it around and was going to wait for a firm release date before taking about it, but I'll confirm here that I'll be doing another Serious Stream for Serious Sam 4 when it's released. It'll be for charity and as close to the game's release as possible.

Still need to figure out how to make it a proper fund drive with incentives/punishments for me playing the game, but there's time.

Playing Serious Sam for charity, you are a better man than I.

Knurek

Pretty glad this might happen. Sounds like a pretty intriguing story (Zero Escape type stuff).

Honestly, if it's half as insane as his previous game, I/O was, it's going to be an experience.
Later I/O routes are comparable to having a molten sulfur enema while watching End of Evangelion on a 1 inch TV, with Hungarian dub and while having near-fatal concentration of LSD in your bloodstream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom