• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anno

It's actually a little scary how slick this Battle Pass thing is integrated into the client. I really hope Valve keep iterating on this idea going forward.

Jawmuncher

I just got in the ultimate gaming machine. The Twin Famicom.
Py9HCCQl.jpg

It's like a baby's toy

MUnited83

For you.
Ucchedavāda;193495713 said:
That would have made it the game with the 4th most achievements on Steam (link). TOME (the #1) is crazy, though. I've played that for 10 hours, and have unlocked a grand total of 1 of 1395 achievements.

I've checked the profiles of some of the reviewers with >300 hours on it and they barely have 200 achievements on it. Wow lol

Danj

Does anyone know if jshackles' Steam Invite Spam Filter has been abandoned? I'm getting this issue where it won't stay logged in to Steam. And despite the new measures Valve put in place I'm still getting spam invites every so often, so I'd love to be able to filter them.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does anyone know if jshackles' Steam Invite Spam Filter has been abandoned? I'm getting this issue where it won't stay logged in to Steam. And despite the new measures Valve put in place I'm still getting spam invites every so often, so I'd love to be able to filter them.

It's not something that I've updated, like... ever. About a week after I released it, Valve started implementing changes that pretty drastically cut down on invite spam so it never really took off.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Warframe seems shockingly good. Or maybe not shockingly because its super popular in both reviews and activity. Its also very much like Destiny (from what Ive seen of Destiny) structure wise, for those that have been wanting Destny on PC.

And its very pretty. I wa going to say surprisingly pretty again, but like I said, I think ive just been out of the loop on the game.

Played Warframe before it was cool. I've invested hundreds of hours since the beta.

Yeah, it's a pretty good game. Sadly people don't even look at it because if its payment model.

Khronico

Warframe seems shockingly good. Or maybe not shockingly because its super popular in both reviews and activity. Its also very much like Destiny (from what Ive seen of Destiny) structure wise, for those that have been wanting Destny on PC.

And its very pretty. I wa going to say surprisingly pretty again, but like I said, I think ive just been out of the loop on the game.

Played Warframe before it was cool. I've invested hundreds of hours since the beta.

Yeah, it's a pretty good game. Sadly people don't even look at it because if its payment model.

Got almost 200hrs out of the game, played it regularly for a good 2 years . It's really, really good. The gameplay mechanics allow for so much variety in each encounter that it rarely gets boring, and the movement feels so, so good. Fantastic game.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok gonna get into them fov changes for the witness cos this thing is very unpleasant right now. i'm surprised someone as savvy and forward-thinking as jonathan blow didn't put in any sort of accessibility settings. i'm guessing oversight cos i respect the guy a whole lot, but still surprising

also very unrelated and probably not in the interest of anyone in steamgaf but im trying to remember a snes game i played on emulator like 10 years ago or something

it's a rpg with a world map that used that faux perspective thing from terranigma and that had first person turn based combat and you have a robot man join your party at one point. the game wasn't sci-fi or cyberunk or anything, but there was a robot i'm pretty sure. it was also really hard iirc

been trying to remember it all day and it's killing me

halp

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That weirdly placed N made me read Snow (and yet also Sword) board and I was imagining a game where you slay monsters by snowboarding into them with you sword.
I'm disappointed it's not that.

Sounds like you just found your own project to push through Greenlight. Good luck!

rtcn63

ok gonna get into them fov changes for the witness cos this thing is very unpleasant right now. i'm surprised someone as savvy and forward-thinking as jonathan blow thought it ok not to have any sort of accessibility settings

also very unrelated and probably not in the interest of anyone in steamgaf but im trying to remember a snes game i played on emulator like 10 years ago or something

it's a rpg with a world map that used that faux perspective thing from terranigma and that had first person turn based combat and you have a robot man join your party at one point. the game wasn't sci-fi or cyberunk or anything, but there was a robot i'm pretty sure. it was also really hard iirc

been trying to remember it all day and it's killing me

halp

7th Saga maybe?

Vamphuntr

What's the superior experience for Baldur's Gate 2 these days? The Enhanced Edition on Steam or the Complete Edition on GOG?

The enhanced edition is fine but don't expect much from the added characters and content. If you want to get Baldur's Gate expansion they are doing (Dragonspear), get the enhanced edition as saves will be compatible.

Personally I prefer the BG+ToSC+BG2+ToB using the Weidu trilogy mod.

Pillars of Eternity

:( This game wished it had the contents, encounter designs and abilities from BG2

zkylon

zkylewd
changed the fov to '59'? (it's vertical or horizontal or whatever, so it's different)

read online that 59 is a nice number, it starts at 54 and i did that site to try at 95 regular fov and it said 69 but that seems like a whole lot more

ughh whats with puzzle games and motion sicknessss

7th Saga maybe?
yesssssss thanks

that game was tough as shit

jshackles

7th Saga maybe?

That was a great game back in the day, it was one of the few games they stocked at my local rental shop and I probably rented it 100 times before finally beating it. I might have to revisit that game at some point, maybe even go for a few of the achievements.

It's punishing partly because they introduced a glitch in the localization that lowered stat growth at level up.

I did not know this, it all makes sense now.

rtcn63

Never played it personally, but I did own and beat Illusion of Gaia. I remember it came with a little fancy booklet thing. I also remember being a kid and getting creeped the fuck out when you first enter Mu. The game as a whole was thematically not-for-children.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

This has to be one of the worst managed and communicated Kickstarted projects....

Over two years late, iOS and Android versions where finished months/over a year before PC

And I didn't even knew that it will be finally on Steam today... and I of course don't have a Steam key in my inbox, really bad communication with the backers over a three year period

But I'm glad that it's finally here, Timeshock is still excellent and this new version looks pretty amazing in action :)

Awesome that this is back! Will the other tables be DLC, or does EA mean we'll eventually get all the tables for the base price?

the next table will be released in a few years should they keep the current pace :p

And I think the price is only for Timeshock, the others will be DLC

edit:

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“We are estimating the game being feature complete in the second quarter of 2016.”

This is just sad now

I was just kicking around gaming side a little bit ago and noticed that someone made a post making fun of a typo in thread title. He later went on to contribute to the discussion for the intended thread topic.

I made a post like that once... but I wasn't even making fun of a typo in the thread title. I merely answered the question posed in the thread title succinctly. And for this I was banned for a week.

Funny how all that works, right?

--

I'm really unsure how some of y'all handled Bitterblack Isle in the high 40s/low 50s. I'm now mid 60s and I'm still getting #REKT on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom