• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

It's pretty amazing! Currently sitting at 92 hours played, which would put it at spot number 12 on my 'most played' if I had the Steam version. It's the perfect middle ground between games that reward tactical positioning and preplanning and games that lean more on your skill as a marksman. I wasn't convinced Ubisoft could make something that would give me a similar rush to the way I feel when playing Counter-Strike, but Siege is a damn good answer to that challenge. It's hit the spot for everyone in one of my groups, whereas we had difficulty pleasing everyone with games like Arma 3, Insurgency, Counter-Strike, Battlefield, and others in that vein.

Assuming they can address the networking issues, this could be the best option for a shooter around. Criminally overlooked, but that's what a poorly received alpha and beta can do to a game's reputation.

I think that they just need to have dedicated team that can produce fast PC patches (in my opinion PC is platform where game can live for a long time) and interesting seasonal content. My biggest concern is that they will abandon game after first year. They need to push and improve game constantly like Valve did with CSGO. There is huge potential for this game if they make smart moves.

Concurrent player numbers for R6 Siege on Steam are not that bad. IF we add at least 10K more from UPlay only copies they are really nice. There is potential for sure.

The question is will it go up or down from here on out.

Decided to check out stats for Tribes. Looks like the Hi-Rez image revival project isn't doing all that well.

S5ZgN9V.png

According to humble support the UmiharaKawase games are in the process of changing publisher and will be back soon

Bet the people who bought the pack for full price will be thrilled if that happens :p

Buraindo

It's pretty amazing! Currently sitting at 92 hours played, which would put it at spot number 12 on my 'most played' if I had the Steam version. It's the perfect middle ground between games that reward tactical positioning and preplanning and games that lean more on your skill as a marksman. I wasn't convinced Ubisoft could make something that would give me a similar rush to the way I feel when playing Counter-Strike, but Siege is a damn good answer to that challenge. It's hit the spot for everyone in one of my groups, whereas we had difficulty pleasing everyone with games like Arma 3, Insurgency, Counter-Strike, Battlefield, and others in that vein.

Assuming they can address the networking issues, this could be the best option for a shooter around. Criminally overlooked, but that's what a poorly received alpha and beta can do to a game's reputation.

Well said. It's easily the most enjoyable multiplayer FPS I've played since Bad Company 2 and its Vietnam expansion, connection issues notwithstanding.

MUnited83

For you.
Thanks for the tip, Trine 3 one will come in handy.

Edit: Says valid this May 1st, i.e. not long enough for summer sale :/

It wasn't stackable, so that wouldn't matter :p

According to humble support the UmiharaKawase games are in the process of changing publisher and will be back soon
Yeah, that was what I was expecting so i didn't get Shun. It wasn't the publisher that owned the IP, only the devs, so a return to the store was likely.

Didn't Square lose, or never archive, the old pre-rendered backgrounds for Final Fantasy VII through IX, so basically there can never be an improved port at higher resolutions with re-rendered backgrounds and we're stuck with 640x480 versions of those games?

Didn't Square lose, or never archive, the old pre-rendered backgrounds for Final Fantasy VII through IX, so basically there can never be an improved port at higher resolutions with re-rendered backgrounds and we're stuck with 640x480 versions of those games?
Damn. Thats terrible.

In other news, gaf only works on mobile for some reason.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Correct. It's why all the store page screenshots look pretty terrible. At least for this version they've re-done some of the characters and monsters in higher resolution, but in the end it just means they stick out like a sore thumb against those stretched backgrounds.

The question is will it go up or down from here on out.

Decided to check out stats for Tribes. Looks like the Hi-Rez image revival project isn't doing all that well.

It wasn't a revival project. They were more or less saying "Sorry we fucked this game, here let us unfuck it and let the people are still around enjoy the game."

Confession time.
I only pre-ordered RE0 because of the cheerleader outfit. Someone, anyone, send help.

Long beyond help. You wouldn't had played it even if you wanted it to just have it.

Madn

I've gone back to La-Mulana and although I've managed to clear the gate of guidance I'm completely lost on what to do next as there are plenty of zone to explore. I think it might be one of the few games where I'll look for a guide early on. Do you guys know if there is some sort of guide that tells you where to go without spoiling too much of the puzzles?

Lain

Correct. It's why all the store page screenshots look pretty terrible. At least for this version they've re-done some of the characters and monsters in higher resolution, but in the end it just means they stick out like a sore thumb against those stretched backgrounds.

Game is meant to be played windowed at 320x240, then just like with the mosaics they use in JAVs, it suddenly stops being a problem.

Pachimari

At least for this version they've re-done some of the characters and monsters in higher resolution, but in the end it just means they stick out like a sore thumb against those stretched backgrounds.
Did they also redo the characters in Final Fantasy VII? Because during my current playthrough, it really feels like the characters stick out from the backgrounds. It's actually hard to figure out where to go sometimes.

Arthea

what I can't understand about all FF9 stiutation, I've seen some amazing and high res FF9 backgrounds even here on gaf, there was a thread about it or something
I couldn't have been dreaming it, I'm not that into FF9

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Lords of the Fallen is pretty decent.

Yeah I actually had a good time with it. I'd like to replay it, without going the Strength route. Any str weapon made you incredibly slow. And as soon as you put on some armor, it feels like you're running around in full Havel in DkS. Actually what was I saying, It's not good enough to warrant a replay :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom