• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
CYC-LMyVAAEJfn9.jpg
Is that Rapture?

Edit: Purehair means it's Tomb Raider?

am i supposed to have my imported items from witcher 1 at the beginning of the witcher 2 tutorial? cause all i have is plain steel and silver swords and 100 orens. is it not working?

You should have a raven armor if you're importing from Witcher 1.
But iirc, you won't get the items before hitting the first act. Not in tutorial.

Would a GoG save of The Witcher 3 work on Steam?

Yes.

AHA-Lambda

am i supposed to have my imported items from witcher 1 at the beginning of the witcher 2 tutorial? cause all i have is plain steel and silver swords and 100 orens. is it not working?

I just did witcher 2 actually a couple weeks ago, sounds like it's not working, you should have the stuff right away

KingKong

RE4 is so nice with a steam controller and the top user config, holy crap

soft pull on triggers to pull out knife/gun, then gyro to aim and full pull to shoot/slash

RE4 is so nice with a steam controller and the top user config, holy crap

soft pull on triggers to pull out knife/gun, then gyro to aim and full pull to shoot/slash
I tried that one but I need/want my gamepad button prompts for QTEs and stuff. :/ Couldn't get mouse-like joystick working.

Overall though, this controller is like... god's gift to shooters. First person, third person, doesn't matter. It's amazing.

I tried that one but I need/want my gamepad button prompts for QTEs and stuff. :/ Couldn't get mouse-like joystick working.

Overall though, this controller is like... god's gift to shooters. First person, third person, doesn't matter. It's amazing.

Wait... is there no Steam Controller solution for button prompts? I don't even know why I expected one, but it still shocks me.

4k TV owner now.

Looks great, but not enough content besides some demo movies. They look stunning though!
Most movies nowadays are mastered in 2K anyway, not all UHD Bluray launch titles are genuine 4K material, I still might buy Mad Max Fury Road again though.
100%'d Mad Max. Don't believe the haters. Good game!
I don't go into games intend on hating them, especially Mad Max, all the positive impressions and screenshots on GAF made me buy it. But damn, what a dull, soulless collectible chore game, lousy story too. I really couldn't bring myself to like it as much as I tried.

Flandy

>buys game from G2A
>copy paste key into steam
>invalid key
>ask for refund
>wait 15 mins for rep
>2 weeks before refund

never again

Wait... is there no Steam Controller solution for button prompts? I don't even know why I expected one, but it still shocks me.
Basically... No. If a game doesn't support just sticking with one set of prompts or the other, if you mix and match it'll constantly switch between the two (and that can get weird in some games). Unless you set it up to just completely emulate a pad, which still works quite well. Except in RE4 where the trackball-joystick option is a little broken.

Like, Mad Max will stick to Xbox prompts even though I have mouse aiming set up, but something like Far Cry 4 will switch to keyboard prompts the second it detects a mouse movement, (and in between, Battlefront will only switch if you actually press a key, so using the mouse for aiming and 360 inputs for everything else works)

Sch1sm

>buys game from G2A
>invalid key
>ask for refund
>wait 15 mins for rep
>2 weeks before refund

never again

I'm positive it's been said more than once here that you shouldn't buy from G2A. We even spoke about it again when for a while their ads were showing up on GAF. Buy from those we trust time and time again. GMG, Funstock, Humble, etc, etc. You get the idea.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
>buys game from G2A
>invalid key
>ask for refund
>wait 15 mins for rep
>2 weeks before refund

never again

I tried to sell one of my Estetiikka spares on G2A and the sale was frozen pending proof of purchase, which I thought that was fair enough, but despite providing a screenshot of my purchase history and the exact copy in my inventory (showing that it'd been sent to the very same address that G2A's system chops off from the redemption URL), the sale was outright cancelled without explanation. I next tried Kinguin, but the game isn't in the database and my request to have it added has gone ignored.

IIRC you should have your items eqipped from the start, as if Geralt walked out of Witcher 1 directly into Witcher 2.

I just did witcher 2 actually a couple weeks ago, sounds like it's not working, you should have the stuff right away

I guess I remember it wrong, then.

Holy fuck. They're sticking with FXAA as the only method of AA?

Gross.

Well, at least we can still force AA through drivers or reshade.

>buys game from G2A
>invalid key
>ask for refund
>wait 15 mins for rep
>2 weeks before refund

never again

Grey market in a nutshell.

Nabs

There's an API that developers can use to give their game native support, or you just use the 360 api with mouse-like joystick.

Dsyndrome

Just realized how little time I put into some of the games from last year. They'd probably be higher/in my GOTY if I put more than two hours in (14 in others). Looks like some indies are getting bumped up the list.

I blame the RPG's and Clicker Heroes.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Any recommendations for short and sweet point and click Adventure titles like The Old Tree and Tengami? The simple journey without chance at failure (beyond blind clicking) seems to be scratching an itch for me between playing meatier games and it would be nice to have some more.

Also I'm giving away Iron Fisticle (a Robotron like game) on SteamGifts if anyone wants a chance at that. Just be a member of the NeoGAF Steam group to be able to enter (and have a SteamGifts account of course).
http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/j1WOJ/iron-fisticle

Dsyndrome

For some reason I thought GOTY voting started this evening, shows how hard reading is.

Almost to Skellige in W3, want to tie things up before heading out, can't believe I'm 65 hours into this and still Level 14.

Man, I'm enjoying the heck out of Alien. It just clicked so darn good with me. From the setting to game progress. Mechanics to aesthetics. Sure not everything is rosy but the good parts overweigh heavily.
Maybe it's due partly to me never having played a survival-horror game before and this being a whole fresh genre and experience to me.
Over 16hrs and I don't want it to end. No signs of saturation for this guy. Well, apart it being 5am and I having to force myself to go to bed. Rarely do games this to me. Very happy to have found such an experience :)

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Man, I'm enjoying the heck out of Alien. It just clicked so darn good with me. From the setting to game progress. Mechanics to aesthetics. Sure not everything is rosy but the good parts overweigh heavily.
Maybe it's due partly to me never having played a survival-horror game before and this being a whole fresh genre and experience to me.
Over 16hrs and I don't want it to end. No signs of saturation for this guy. Well, apart it being 5am and I having to force myself to go to bed. Rarely do games this to me. Very happy to have found such an experience :)

I like how the design team took a lot of cues from the preproduction design of Alien.

Xanathus

Have you reached the Medical Bay level?

Turfster

Yes, but for the Steam controller to do it automatically for every game?
Eh, it would be functionality valve would have to implement, ideally, into BPM (which is needed for steam controller, right?), so that every time you start a game that's in the replacement database, the overlay watches loaded textures and replaces the one(s) needed with the right ones with a D3D API interceptor.

oipic

There's so much I adore about Alien: Isolation, but I shelved it after a short time following a few too many run-ins with its checkpointing system.

I know it's the way it is for the sake of tension etc, but at the time, life felt too short to (what felt like) be continually made to repeat sections of several minutes each. I really should give it another go, though, perhaps on the easiest setting (yes, I'm a soft casual gamer, I know!).

So, ever since the FFIX store is up, people have made port requests on discussion boards about the following games already:

- Final Fantasy X/X-2
- Final Fantasy XII
- Final Fantasy Tactics
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
- Chrono Cross
- Chaos Rings 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom