• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Aaaand BST thread is full of Dirt Rally keys for 10$. Man people there don't waist their time.

I kindasorta want to buy one for the AMD livery DLC.

Edit: A bit of research suggests that the liveries are actually in the game by default.

ViviOggi

Are there any OTs regarding card games - on Steam, but also possibly outside it? I am craving for a (long, rich) card game, not sure where to go.

My options, as far as I see:

* Magic, the Gathering - never played it, looks very complex and not very friendly for some reason (maybe I am wrong).

* Hearthstone (non-Steam) - played it briefly a year or so before, like it overall, this is my main choice.

* ??? what else there is?

(There's also Gwent in Witcher 3. I played it, it's great, if a bit simplistic, but it's kind of 'done' in that the form in which it exists in Witcher 3 is likely its final form, no more additions.)

Any help?
Hearthstone is a piece of shit but still the best digital experience you're gonna get. There's a pretty active OT in community, we're salty af but apart from that a nice bunch. Drop by sometime.

Duelyst is pretty cool too but I don't think many people are playing it.

Arthea

damn, you guys are lucky with that $1 DiRT Rally... I'm so jelly, considering I paid so much more and couldn't even play it, still need to try again.

Steam is the card game I shelled out the most money for.

Help

that is factually true, I try not to think about it

accel

MtG is not that hard to get into, Hearthstone apparently is very easy to get into judging by the fact all my friends playing it, even those that never played any, apparently it's very addictive.
There are many on steam, we kinda live in renaissance of CCG, there is Talisman, Infinity Wars, Draconian Wars, Dead Man's Draw, Spectromancer and more I'm forgetting now.

There are also partly ccg games, genre mixes as Northmark: Hour of the Wolf or Hand of Fate.

edited: already see I forgot SolForge (currently in EA)

Hearthstone is a piece of shit but still the best digital experience you're gonna get. There's a pretty active OT in community, we're salty af but apart from that a nice bunch. Drop by sometime.

Duelyst is pretty cool too but I don't think many people are playing it.

Thanks a lot, I'll be sure to check out the games you mentioned.

Worst case, I'll land in the OT for HS and we'll be salty together. :)

Arthea

Thanks a lot, I'll be sure to check out the games you mentioned.

Worst case, I'll land in the OT for HS and we'll be salty together. :)

I still would advise trying MtG, I know that it's popular to hate on it these days and praise HS, but a game which lived as long as MtG has to be doing something right, no?

ViviOggi

I still would advise trying MtG, I know that it's popular to hate on it these days and praise HS, but a game who lived as long as MtG has to be doing something right, no?
MtG does a lot of things right but digital is not one of them. A legit online MtG with Hearthstone's production values, the full catalogue and a reasonable business model? I'd jump ship in a heartbeat but their efforts have been garbage for years now. Apparently they're afraid of cannibalizing physical sales when the overlap probably isn't that big at all.

Like, I've legit never seen anyone hate on MtG as a base game while praising HS.

Arthea

MtG does a lot of things right but digital is not one of them. A legit online MtG with Hearthstone's production values, the full catalogue and a reasonable business model? I'd jump ship in a heartbeat but their efforts have been garbage for years now. Apparently they're afraid of cannibalizing physical sales when the overlap probably isn't that big at all.

I'm not saying MtG is perfect, don't get me wrong, or that they were handling new games with any common sense whatsoever, but I still think it's very good and worth the effort.

edited: amazingly enough I could resist HS up until now still, not sure how I managed that!

Deques

Code worked! Shame on them in BST
giphy.gif

Arthea

if Humble took two weeks break, does it mean no HBW this week either? I forgot how they handle those breaks, I seem to be vaguely remembering that breaks doesn't affect HBW?

Ban Puncher

if Humble took two weeks break, does it mean no HBW this week either? I forgot how they handle those breaks, I seem to be vaguely remembering that breaks doesn't affect HBW?

They want you to get the shakes and sign up for Monthly Bundle for your fix.

WOT
ModBot said:
Instructions for almostheathen:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (almostheathen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dirt Rally AMD Code -- MB-4ED26C03338A7B11 - Taken by Anteater. 6 entrants total.
Dirt Rally AMD Code #3 -- MB-18CDDAE0C91EF53D - Taken by Dusk Golem. 11 entrants total.
Dirt Rally AMD Code #2 -- MB-1F37C8BA9D3CE67B - Taken by PetriP-TNT. 3 entrants total.

t1452161278z1.png

yuraya

The weekly is usually its own thing so it will probably happen.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
hmm, bad reviews (unfinished release?) but looks pretty cool
I always get really suspicious of situations where games have hundreds of reviews, mostly positive (in this case, 87% positive) and all the top reviews are negative reviews.

There are some groups who bombard to like negative reviews on release, I believe, I've seen this happen several times before, amd always get suspicious now.

Arthea

but I thought yesterday people posted that there was an update and now Aviary Attorney is finished. Probably reviews haven't caught up on that yet.

I always get really suspicious of situations where games have hundreds of reviews, mostly positive (in this case, 87% positive) and all the top reviews are negative reviews.

There are some groups who bombard to thumbs up negative reviews on release, I believe, I've seen this happen several times before.

It seems to be justified in this case though, if the game is as unfiished as the reviews say
but I thought yesterday people posted that there was an update and now Aviary Attorney is finished. Probably reviews haven't caught up on that yet.

Well that would change things of course

Lain

Used fake us address and got voided (of course)... like how these companies first take money off your card and then they check address

I'm still waiting to see my money back from the voided purchase of the FFXI pack I tried on newegg.

I checked steamtrades and some dude is selling them for 8 bucks a code. I was tempted but I'm not gonna reward scalpers.
plus Codemasters games always tank in price anyways so we'll get a good deal soon

Haunted

Are there any OTs regarding card games - on Steam, but also possibly outside it? I am craving for a (long, rich) card game, not sure where to go.

My options, as far as I see:

* Magic, the Gathering - never played it, looks very complex and not very friendly for some reason (maybe I am wrong).

* Hearthstone (non-Steam) - played it briefly a year or so before, like it overall, this is my main choice.

* ??? what else there is?

(There's also Gwent in Witcher 3. I played it, it's great, if a bit simplistic, but it's kind of 'done' in that the form in which it exists in Witcher 3 is likely its final form, no more additions.)

Any help?
Card Hunter has a big collectible card component, though it's not a card game per se. Still no harm in checking it out if you're on the lookout, it's free and on Steam.

Tektonic

There are some groups who bombard to like negative reviews on release, I believe, I've seen this happen several times before, amd always get suspicious now.

the negative reviews actually seem to have real, valid, grievances though... but seems like the [update] comments prove its fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom