• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

People really wanted Dirt Rally.

As they should, it's terrific! Best rally game in a LONG time, easily.

Having seen The_Monk labour through some of the much lesser Codemasters rally offerings in recent times, I would've loved to have picked up a copy for him.

That RotTR reseller:

mnybrnw7q71.gif

So anyway, where do people get so many nvidia keys from?
Are they buying video cards in bulk and extract the codes or something?

Sarcasm

Got a code but won't be able to redeem it at the site until I get home.

Think I am fine? Won't get home for like an hour.

Also I can probably help if it is still up in Newegg when I get home.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Am I one of the chosen few? I'll tell you a fat-free cheesecake recipe that's high in protein.

That recipe will unfortunately remain as big of a mystery as the one I'm named after, as I'm already out of the few I was able to snag. But don't be afraid to ask me for help in the rare event another US-exclusive price error pops up! I try to be on standby whenever one comes along.

Ventara

That recipe will unfortunately remain as big of a mystery as the one I'm named after, as I'm already out of the few I was able to snag. But don't be afraid to ask me for help in the rare event another US-exclusive price error pops up! I try to be on standby whenever one pops up.

:(

But I'll still tell you the recipe if you want it ;D
No, seriously, just tell me.

Edit: You rejected my friend request? Now I'm sad.

DarKshodaN

Great Day, got Rise of the Tomb Raider and Dirt Rally for 30€

I was about to buy Dirt Rally on Steam Yesterday for 50€, glad that i waited :p

JustLynx

So anyway, where do people get so many nvidia keys from?
Are they buying video cards in bulk and extract the codes or something?

some stores just take out the codes from the GPUs and resell them separately
at least that's how it works here... shady bastards

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
:(

But I'll still tell you the recipe if you want it ;D
No, seriously, just tell me.

Edit: You rejected my friend request? Now I'm sad.

I don't use the same name on Steam as I do here, so you wouldn't see me if you're looking for delicious cheesecakes. But don't worry, you're there!

1e6FBRm.jpg

some stores just take out the codes from the GPUs and resell them separately
at least that's how it works here... shady bastards

Yeah there are lots of nvidia keys sellers here as well.

I'm not a code stealer. D:

Welp, so you're the one he's talking about? I honestly didn't pointing at you, sorry.
It's just that there are lots of key sellers here in my local community stores and I've been wondering about that.

I think BernadoOne mentioned that he got a relative that builds computers for companies. So they take the vouchers since companies don't need games and sell them.

Makes sense.
So I take it that it's for graphic design or video games companies? As I don't' think average companies would need gtx 970 and above. My co-worker designer is on a 960 PC.

accel

Are there any OTs regarding card games - on Steam, but also possibly outside it? I am craving for a (long, rich) card game, not sure where to go.

My options, as far as I see:

* Magic, the Gathering - never played it, looks very complex and not very friendly for some reason (maybe I am wrong).

* Hearthstone (non-Steam) - played it briefly a year or so before, like it overall, this is my main choice.

* ??? what else there is?

(There's also Gwent in Witcher 3. I played it, it's great, if a bit simplistic, but it's kind of 'done' in that the form in which it exists in Witcher 3 is likely its final form, no more additions.)

Any help?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of ViviOggi, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ViviOggi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-C096AE3DEF366B2F - Taken by Servbot #42. 30 entrants total.
Mercenary Kings -- MB-1C9CEE5BF1D2987A - Taken by AtomskEater. 8 entrants total.
Chroma Squad -- MB-DB57DF22AFD3C45A - Taken by Large Professor. 39 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-A1871DE2E0B36C96 - Taken by NicoNizza. 2 entrants total.
STRIDER -- MB-90AD82A51F3CF609 - Taken by kurahador. 3 entrants total.
Dead Space 2 -- MB-7C64DC5356FB56C8 - Taken by Raxanas. 8 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Payday 2 -- MB-9B69D594EC4538FF - Taken by bloke. 11 entrants total.
Spelunky -- MB-BCA58D44CA51FB62 - Taken by Madn. 16 entrants total.
Lethal League -- MB-F715D1ED381AFA02 - Taken by rainking187. 28 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-A4AF92B46D2BE0FA - Taken by Bowlie. 3 entrants total.
Life Is Strange - Episode 1 -- MB-ECF692956853E88B - Taken by Oreoleo. 5 entrants total.
Saints Row IV -- MB-B1C003B0234A616F - Taken by fspm. 20 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Talos Principle -- MB-29FB3B4281B20532 - Taken by ctw0e. 51 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-861745104CAEB557 - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.

t1452201236z1.png

Arthea

Are there any OTs regarding card games - on Steam, but also possibly outside it? I am craving for a (long, rich) card game, not sure where to go.

My options, as far as I see:

* Magic, the Gathering - never played it, looks very complex and not very friendly for some reason (maybe I am wrong).

* Hearthstone (non-Steam) - played it briefly a year or so before, like it overall, this is my main choice.

* ??? what else there is?

(There's also Gwent in Witcher 3. I played it, it's great, if a bit simplistic, but it's kind of 'done' in that the form in which it exists in Witcher 3 is likely its final form, no more additions.)

Any help?

MtG is not that hard to get into, Hearthstone apparently is very easy to get into judging by the fact all my friends playing it, even those that never played any, apparently it's very addictive.
There are many on steam, we kinda live in renaissance of CCG, there is Talisman, Infinity Wars, Draconian Wars, Dead Man's Draw, Spectromancer and more I'm forgetting now.

There are also partly ccg games, genre mixes as Northmark: Hour of the Wolf or Hand of Fate.

edited: already see I forgot SolForge (currently in EA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom