• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

That's too funny

I just read description of You must build a boat (for the first time) and apparently taking multiple quests at once makes a game harder, it never occurred to me, I'll try with one quest to see the difference.

this made me chuckle too

You must take credit for random chain combos you made no effort to arrange.

You must reconcile that despite the game’s title, you begin your journey in possession of what is, in no uncertain terms, already a boat.

You must look up at the clock and wonder how it’s so late already.

That description is really something

bah, I thought you are referencing Discworld, totally disappointed now.

I dont have a clue why. I mean for Destiny we had like 100 threads about mundane shit.
"How do you play Destiny. Tell us how to play it."
"Destiny. Show off your character."
"Destiny. Whats your favorite level?"
"Destiny. Share strategies."
"Destiny. NeoGAF Matchmaking."
"Which NPC did you like most in Destiny."

Uncharted has thousands of threads.
"Whats your favorite Uncharted cutscene."
"Uncharted is great!"
"Uncharted looks photorealistic, right! Lets talk about it."
"Is Uncharted better than Tomb Raider?"

These are just my impressions, not actual threadtitles, but I dont understand why these threads get closed.

Uzzy

The newest version of BlazBlue, Central Fiction, has been rated by the Taiwanese ratings board, and sadly there's no mention of a PC release. So I guess we'll be waiting a while for that one.

At least the previous game, Chronophantasma EXTEND, is coming to PC next month, where I'm sure it won't be utterly crushed by the 800 pound gorilla that is Street Fighter V.

Tizoc

The newest version of BlazBlue, Central Fiction, has been rated by the Taiwanese ratings board, and sadly there's no mention of a PC release. So I guess we'll be waiting a while for that one.

At least the previous game, Chronophantasma EXTEND, is coming to PC next month, where I'm sure it won't be utterly crushed by the 800 pound gorilla that is Street Fighter V.

If it manages to sell 50K units, it'll be fine. Heck GG Xrd selling a little under 50K is considered good.

Arthea

I dont have a clue why. I mean for Destiny we had like 100 threads about mundane shit.

"Uncharted is great!"

These are just my impressions, not actual threadtitles, but I dont understand why these threads get closed.

you just gave me an idea, let's see how it'll work.

I just tried that and it went into BP by pressing the guide button.

Ah, had to turn off a setting inside the Xbox app apparently. Now it works. Thanks!

edit:
On Windows 10? I had to disable the button for GameDVR. Go into the Xbox App, Turn On GameDVR, Press Win+G to load the GameDVR menu, open settings there and turn off the option to open gamedvr with guide button. Then I disabled GameDVR box in the Xbox App.

yup, this. thank you!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

"Uncharted is great!"

Then in every FFIX thread we've had PS4 portbegging wihtout bannings, in that thread they closed the thread and banned like the 4 people still argumenting in there.

Sooo, I'm still playing through SOMA. It's slow going for me though as I can't play the game until after my sons have gone to bed and that leaves me with limited play time. But the first three hours have been really awesome. The game's got a great creepy/scary atmosphere. There's some really weird shit going on that I'm not going to mention here as I think it's spoilery, but man am I having fun with it.

Kyougar

"Uncharted is great!"

Maybe they should ban those people who derail threads instead of shutting down the thread. But arguing about this is getting close to be banned themself.

I'd totally support consistently banning sales discussion period throughout the entire forum.

I'd say it would greatly improve the discourse.

eh I don't know. GAF is a very industry news and sales focussed forum and it's hard to change that. I don't really even look for quality discussion about games here.

Arthea

Meant the last JRPG sales thread :p

and I wasn't 100% serious, it totally is going to depend on if it evolves to platform wars.

it seems this one will remain mistake in the thread title the thread

and I've read that title two times, blindness is no friend, I'll tell you this much

Echoplx

eh I don't know. GAF is a very industry news and sales focussed forum and it's hard to change that. I don't really even look for quality discussion about games here.

Are there any pc focused forums/subreddits or at least ones that aren't openly hostile to pc? It's becoming increasingly apparent that this forum just doesn't suit my gaming habbits really. I only stick around for steamgaf honestly and the sometimes funny but eventually overused memes.

Deques

All FF games excluding MMO sorted by number of owners

FINAL FANTASY VII - 1,000,488 ± 21,546
FINAL FANTASY XIII - 510,268 ± 15,401
FINAL FANTASY VIII - 491,198 ± 15,111
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 - 276,161 ± 11,335
FINAL FANTASY III - 131,173 ± 7,814
FINAL FANTASY IV - 128,239 ± 7,726
FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0™ HD - 104,890 ± 6,988
LIGHTNING RETURNS™: FINAL FANTASY® XIII - 61,369 ± 5,345
FINAL FANTASY IV: THE AFTER YEARS - 50,489 ± 4,848
FINAL FANTASY V - 28,362 ± 3,634
FINAL FANTASY VI - 24,083 ± 3,349

All games summed together 2,712,319 ± 103,097

Are there any pc focused forums/subreddits or at least ones that aren't openly hostile to pc? It's becoming increasingly apparent that this forum just doesn't suit my gaming habbits really. I Only stick around for steamgaf honestly and the sometimes funny but eventually overused memes.

/r/pcmasterrace I guess... But I wouldn't go there lol

Even if it isn't perfect, this thread is probably as good as it gets.

RPS forums could be good as well but I don't know how active they are
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/forum.php

Arthea

Are there any pc focused forums/subreddits or at least ones that aren't openly hostile to pc? It's becoming increasingly apparent that this forum just doesn't suit my gaming habbits really. I Only stick around for steamgaf honestly and the sometimes funny but eventually overused memes.

unfortunately, gaf is still the best to my knowledge, not for game specific discussions, no, but for industry news and activity is of the charts.

What is sad, that aside of gamefaqs that has much more shortcomings and is not so active as it used to be (probably too many games for all boards to remain active), there is no game dedicated discussions anymore, at least not active ones and devoid of wars.

The_Monk

Can't believe I missed the Dirt deal, what a shame, one of the few games I was looking for. :(

The good news is that I tried another brand of coffee and it was good. A really good coffee!

I'd totally support consistently banning sales discussion period throughout the entire forum.

I'd say it would greatly improve the discourse.

The problem with PC sales thread are the constant "It sold 10.000k in japan in the first month. The PC sales are bad, even if the publishers said they are great!"

Ban Puncher

Are there any pc focused forums/subreddits or at least ones that aren't openly hostile to pc? It's becoming increasingly apparent that this forum just doesn't suit my gaming habbits really. I only stick around for steamgaf honestly and the sometimes funny but eventually overused memes.

You think memes are overused here but want to go to Reddit?

laughingmichaeljacksongafmeme.jif

Arthea

You think memes are overused here but want to go to Reddit?

laughingmichaeljacksongafmeme.jif

have to agree with puncher here, reddit is chaos incarnate, and meme land, kinda like 4chan only less obnoxious.
Then again I'm old, frail and all that, maybe I just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom