• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

good job on dirt rally. a game on my list as well.

is it really as good as people act?

I wish I could answer that, but I'm one amongst those unlucky having bad slowdowns, making a game more or less unplayable. Although, I should reinstall it and try again, now when it's out of EA.

Those that can run it satisfactory, seems to like it a lot, amongst steamgaf too.

Card Hunter has a big collectible card component, though it's not a card game per se. Still no harm in checking it out if you're on the lookout, it's free and on Steam.

I tried it and it is bloody grindy, probably less so if you spend real money on it, dunno, haven't tried that. It is a fun idea for a game, though.

almostheathen has been appropriately rewarded.

utGHy4T.gif

I always liked sega rally revolution a lot, if you learned to do manual (which i usually don't) it felt really fun kicking in and out of gears on tight turns. One of the best imo

Didn't feel the same about that dlc light version though

Hope some folks still have some keys to offer. Not sure how much money I can handle right now but if anyone has any keys for sale please let me or others know :)

oipic

It sucks that you can't wishlist a game you own.
(For getting notified of sales so you can buy gifts)

Formerly wishlisted titles tend to 'stick' on isthereanydeal, I find, and will continue to trigger notifications even when owned.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of titch, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (titch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Squarelands -- MB-FC1C3ED108565539 - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Lost Moon -- MB-D5611893DA616587 - Taken by Tesseract. 3 entrants total.
Three Digits -- MB-745C36A257CCA4E4 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
HassleHeart -- MB-68FB8312879B2D5E - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
Endorlight -- MB-1312B637015DCE78 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Steel Rain -- MB-7E6E30C7E7D7BB26 - Taken by E_Darkness. 2 entrants total.
Velocibox -- MB-951A1AD75D86D30D - Taken by Saty. 3 entrants total.

t1452206396z1.png

Arthea

considering rumours that Codemasters aren't doing that great, that price mistake will upset them.
How long it was on, btw?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
considering rumours that Codemasters aren't doing that great, that price mistake will upset them.
How long it was on, btw?

The price mistake (if it was one -- $1 GPU bundle codes seem to happen semi-regularly at Newegg) hurts Newegg, not Codemasters or AMD. They're just unwanted GPU bundle keys.

Lain

Given it was an AMD code, couldn't it have been just a fire sale of codes before they expired instead of a price mistake?

M.D

Is anyone excited for Rise of the Tomb Raider? I played the first game a couple of months ago and don't really feel anything for the sequel

I thought the first game was fine overall, there was just nothing really special about it that stood out to me, it was just fine. The only things I really disliked is Lara getting nearly killed every other second, that was a bit too much, and I wanted the game to end a while before it did.

There's nothing I really look forward to in a sequel, the first game didn't make me care about any of the characters or that world either, so I'm curious what it is that everyone is really enjoying in the sequel...

Arthea

The price mistake hurts Newegg, not Codemasters or AMD. They're just unwanted GPU bundle keys.

oh, all is well then

after gamersgate Lara fiasco, I was sure that price mistakes hurt publishers

edited: so... SE had nothing to with removing those games from people accounts? gamersgate did it? figures

Given it was an AMD code, couldn't it have been just a fire sale of codes before they expired instead of a price mistake?

The price for 50€ game seems ridiculously low, IDK really

oipic

Yeah, I like a pricing error as much as the next guy, and I would've taken advantage to buy some copies for friends and SteamGAF if I could've, but I really hope this doesn't have any real impact on Codies or DiRT Rally. This is their best title for a long time, and if there's an upside, it's that perhaps an increased player base and more positive word of mouth will only give it the boost it deserves.

Monooboe

Feels like I've been neglecting you, I'm so sorry SteamGAF! Since New Years hangover I've been in a "movie binging"-mode.

I think I've settled on my GOTYs, it somehow was really hard this years. Anyone else have hard time with it? I mean I found there to be just too many good games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
oh, all is well then

after gamersgate Lara fiasco, I was sure that price mistakes hurt publishers

edited: so... SE had nothing to with removing those games from people accounts? gamersgate did it? figures

No, they were both involved: GamersGate doesn't want to pay the difference -> Squeenix doesn't want to pay the difference -> Squeenix asks GamersGate to refund people -> Squeenix asks Valve to remove the keys from accounts. GPU bundle keys, though, are a physical product -- Newegg can sell off unwanted keys for a buck and not hurt anybody else in the process because it's already paid for them. Digital retailers don't pay for keys, however, which is why a price mistake being honoured is contingent upon the store (or publisher, by technicality, although none ever would) coughing up the difference, as Valve always does.

ViviOggi

Speaking of TR2013, I've been playing it a bit again and I thought it was questionable back then but it still caught me off-guard just how fucking quickly Lara turns into a godlike murder machine. The cutscene disconnect is off the charts, a second ago I ultrakilled 10 dudes and the next moment Lara watches as the pilot gets stabbed by a single slow-ass goon with a machete. Give me control there and I headshot him ez.

chronomac

As promised:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

DiRT Rally -- MB-80F1B72875C28FBC - Taken by bloke. 57 entrants total.

t1452252359z1.png

Arthea

No, they were both involved: GamersGate doesn't want to pay the difference -> Squeenix doesn't want to pay the difference -> Squeenix asks GamersGate to refund people -> Squeenix asks Valve to remove the keys from accounts. GPU bundle keys, though, are a physical product -- Newegg can sell off unwanted keys for a buck and not hurt anybody else in the process because it's already paid for them. Digital retailers don't pay for keys, however, which is why a price mistake being honoured is contingent upon the store or publisher coughing up the difference, as Valve always does.

I see, makes sense

still why not $5-$10 at least? Newegg is hella rich, I assume

edited: guys, those screenshots of that horrid game aren't exactly SFW...
I know I sound like a broken record, but it would be nice to have less of them, or spoiler tagged

edit2: thanks Nabs! you are good people

Goddammit!!!! Why do I always miss opportunities like this, I would have only bought one code for myself, life is giving me the finger yet again.

Messiah

Beat
true SteamGAF GOTY
Huniepop after receiving it as a joke gift earlier.

The joke's on them, the game is surprisingly fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom