• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted:

1. Life is Strange
2. Rocket League
3. Mad Max
4. Tales from the Borderlands
5. Mortal Kombat X

Didn't get around to Witcher, I got a copy when I bought my 970 but it's GOG so I forgot about it until I installed Galaxy recently. I also got Arkham Knight, boy that sure did go well for me.....

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm actually surprised with so many coding-affine folks here, no one went on writing/automating the voting system.

Well I looked into automating the voting process but (like most electronic voting machines) the issue becomes accountability and the reliability of votes. I could have created a page where you signed in with Steam so that it could verify that the game you voted for exists on Steam and matches the voting criteria, and could even validate at that point whether or not you played it. Once your votes were entered it could have given you a long semi-random string (similar to modbot entries) that you could have pasted into a PM to me so that I could verify it was actually from you and that there is only one vote per user.

But at the end of the day, with typically less than 200 voters in this pool, it didn't seem like it was worth setting up honestly. It also makes the process much more complicated for the end user, which means we may not have as high of voter turnout.

Sometimes a good analog system is preferable to a bad digital system.

Lomax

NepNep will suffer the same way Hexcells did, votes will get split between the three games. So in other words, if you want NepNep to win, only vote for the first game, even if you think the others are better.

rtcn63

Why are like almost all of the human bosses in Dark Souls bigger than you? Like Ornstein and Smough are practically giants.

Sometimes a good analog system is preferable to a bad digital system.
Yeah, makes sense. Not sure if I should think this much about the votes as I didn't play - let alone finish - a game from 2015 and I played more games last year then ever, ha.
There should be an alternative voting. Best Games You Have Played 2015.

Shantom

Might as well post my list.

1. Rocket League
2. Trails in the Sky SC
3. Life is Strange
4. GTAV
5. Her Story

In any other year Trails would be top, but Rocket League is GOAT.

rtcn63

I would like a trick weapon where the one-handed form is that of a giant halberd but the two-handed splits its into a shield and sword.

XShagrath

Do we have any confirmation from folk who bought a graphic card and got the code that the activation on nvidia site works?

Looks like there are some comments on geforce.com from admins saying that they are just awaiting more codes. There were some questions from (presumably) legitimate customers that bought graphics cards and weren't able to get their Steam codes yet. Running into the same problems mentioned here when people were going to the redemption site.

yuraya

Why are like almost all of the human bosses in Dark Souls bigger than you? Like Ornstein and Smough are practically giants.

Ornstein and Smough are not human bruh. They're like ancient illuminati gods who hunt dragons and shit. Probably aliens.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Looks like there are some comments on geforce.com from admins saying that they are just awaiting more codes. There were some questions from (presumably) legitimate customers that bought graphics cards and weren't able to get their Steam codes yet. Running into the same problems mentioned here when people were going to the redemption site.

Thanks for the answer.
Guess I'll try again when I wake up tomorrow.

Eila

Might as well post my list.

1. Rocket League
2. Trails in the Sky SC
3. Life is Strange
4. GTAV
5. Her Story

In any other year Trails would be top, but Rocket League is GOAT.

I'll take it.
SC is going to make it to top 10 #DontStopBelievin

Dsyndrome

Same reason there's an "amazing chest ahead" with Gwynevere. They were all affected by the power of the flame, some not as much as others. Smough and Ornstein were high in the grunt hierarchy (I know Smough's not a knight), so they were blessed more than the rest of Gwyn's knights. Gwyndolin was always weak in his father's eyes, that's how I attribute his size..

MUnited83

For you.

Well, supposedly, the more souls they get, the bigger they get. Which doesn't plain how the MC can have like 500 000 000 on him and be the exact same size you started the game with :p

pahamrick

I'm surprised to see little mention of SOMA in these GOTY lists. I thought that was received rather well.

There's probably a lot of people here who either don't have it or haven't played it yet, I bet it applies to a good deal of games.

It's a shame, as some of the smaller titles deserve their time to shine too.

from the BST thread

Wow, surprised it took that long for them to shut it down. I heard nothing about it expect when I was saw it looking at a 980ti. Cheers to you for the catch my friend. I only grabbed one. :/

I spoke with Nvidia's community manager and they will honor the keys. Newegg gonna newegg.

hope restored

maybe

Ever since that CSGO ranking update I've had 0 fun. I lost one game, deranked, and now get progressively put with shitter and shitter teammates. I suppose the time has come to drop matchmaking.

Or just play my backlog instead.

SteamGAF GOTY is going to be like

Pv6I184.jpg

Eila

Ever since that CSGO ranking update I've had 0 fun. I lost one game, deranked, and now get progressively put with shitter and shitter teammates. I suppose the time has come to drop matchmaking.

Maybe we'll get matched eventually! Silver Elite Master here, only 13 wins.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

I went from LEM to DMG.
But that was after I came back to this update after a two month break, I decided to go for a break forever now.

Echoplx

Wait, tom raider was available for 1 cent for 12 hours and no one knew? How in the fuck did that happen?

that guy that's selling it for 20$ knew and didn't say anything, probably hoping he could sell more copies :/

Dsyndrome

I've never played CS, CS: GO, Dota 1 or 2, LfD 1 or 2, or anything Valve's made that doesn't have single player. I do honestly feel left out.

I should make a Gaming Thread about it, since I'm probably the only one that feels this way.

Wait, tom raider was available for 1 cent for 12 hours and no one knew? How in the fuck did that happen?

that guy that's selling it for 20$ knew and didn't say anything, probably hoping he could sell more copies :/

as of right now no one has an actual Steam code yet and it's possible all of those codes could be revoked (also possible they could be allowed)

they've already said if the codes are revoked they'd refund the buyers...if the code goes through I'd have paid $20 for a game I was looking forward to instead of $45-$60 and if it's revoked I'll get my money back

I'm ok either way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom