• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
My curiosity got the better of me near the end of the winter sale and I grabbed a copy of Huniepop. I've spent the past couple days playing it and I must admit it can be pretty fun. Perhaps I should clarify, the match three part of the game is fun. The other part is... what it is I suppose.

Who is this gaffer?
Can find in the sale thread.

All he had to do was tell others. Sit on his codes and sell them for 20 and no one would have complained. He would have still sold them and others would have had them as well.

Instead he only calmly said he had tr for 20 and started wheeling and dealing to a few people via pm I guess. To me that is down right shady. I have a conscience and no way I'd do that. A lot of us know thats wrong so it says a lot about his character imo

Not a good standard for gaf to set and right after a ton of people showed good will with raffles and gifts.

All he had to do was tell others. Sit on his codes and sell them for 20 and no one would have complained. He would have still sold them and others would have had them as well.

Instead he only calmly said he had tr for 20 and started wheeling and dealing to a few people via pm I guess. To me that is down right shady. I have a conscience and no way I'd do that. A lot of us know thats wrong so it says a lot about his character imo

Not a good standard for gaf to set and right after a ton of people showed good will with raffles and gifts.

I fail to see what the problem is.

There have been people who have gotten the NVidia keys for literally nothing and sold them on the BST thread.

Guy makes money, and I get it for 70% off.

stop trying to stir up something. You even said on the BST thread to discuss that further with PM's.
Before he even started posting, people already wanted to buy the game at that price, so it's not like it wasn't known.
Do i think that he could've said that it was because of a glitch on newegg? maybe, but not saying doesn't make him satan, and it's not that big of a problem for most, seeing he will refund in the worst case scenario.

Shadownet

Banned

Its probably worst than the guy who is selling his Humble Bundle codes for crazy ass prices. Well at least the HB guy does say that he got it from HB.

to me "shady" would have been them completely disappearing after the error got known and never being seen again...instead they have been right here and have said they would refund anyone who has a code that gets revoked

I've found at least a gaffer on the BST thread who is willing to pay $30 for Tomb Raider Nvidia key.
He could've charge for more, but he didn't.

Too many feels.
Too cute, so sad.

Guys
get on this
right now

0.59$
It's really good, especially for such a low price, and it has a great sense of humour and a neat artstyle and it also takes a couple of hours to finish. I recommend it to everyone but especially if you enjoyed Undertale. Get.on.this.train.

This is the best looking RPG maker game I've seen... since LISA, I guess. I don't know why people leave the pixel style in there so often. Even when they have nice portraits the overworld is so stock most of the time.

Echoplx

stop trying to stir up something. You even said on the BST thread to discuss that further with PM's.
Before he even started posting, people already wanted to buy the game at that price, so it's not like it wasn't known.
Do i think that he could've said that it was because of a glitch on newegg? maybe, but not saying doesn't make him satan, and it's not that big of a problem for most, seeing he will refund in the worst case scenario.

The problem is the glitch was up for 12 hours and he didn't say anything. Possibly intentionally so no one else would get it and buy keys from him instead.

The problem is the glitch was up for 12 hours and he didn't say anything. Possibly intentionally so no one else would get it and buy keys from him instead.
Or, like he said, it's was the first thing related to the Dirt Rally coupon, and he thought it was obvious and saw no need to say. we could do this assumption game all day.
Either way, i love the fact that people are playing the system, not "paying" the devs, etc, but feel pissed about this.

Shadownet

Banned
another person on GAF saw the error and bought a code too...I don't see anyone saying they had some obligation to tell everyone about it
I thought GAF was different.
22_zpsnlypgqav.gif

Sarcasm

The dirt code price mistake was announced in this very thread.

Which was why I was able to buy it.

Or am I missing the issue here?

I mean sure it is a dick move to buy many for a few bucks and mark up the price by ungodly amount. But it is acceptable.

Shadownet

Banned
Not telling GAF about pricing errors is a sin. We must quarter them in the public forum as retribution.
I'll get my cat o' nine tails
The dirt code price mistake was announced in this very thread.

Which was why I was able to buy it.

Or am I missing the issue here?

I mean sure it is a dick move to buy many for a few bucks and mark up the price by ungodly amount. But it is acceptable.
I think the issue that some people are having is that, no one else knew about it and it is an ungodly amount for a markup. It was 1 cent? So I doubt he even spent 50 cents total.

That's even worst than Dr.Dre and his headsets.

Echoplx

another person on GAF saw the error and bought a code too...I don't see anyone saying they had some obligation to tell everyone about it

He didn't take advantage of the situation by selling large quantities for $20 each.

Or, like he said, it's was the first thing related to the Dirt Rally coupon, and he thought it was obvious and saw no need to say. we could do this assumption game all day.
Either way, i love the fact that people are playing the system, not "paying" the devs, etc, but feel pissed about this.

This is true and I'm fine with paying $20 for a price glitch exploit after the fact all I'm saying is it would have been nice to have a heads up so everyone could get a chance at the 1c deal as well, whether or not he did this intentionally is just speculation but I'm a cynical asshole and it seems like the most obvious reason to me. The excuse that he thought everyone knew doesn't really fly considering the Dirt Rally price glitch which was well known had a huge amount of people talking about it and even selling it in the bst thread at the same time so why wouldn't that be the case for Tomb Raider?

Sarcasm

I'll get my cat o' nine tails

I think the issue that some people are having is that, no one else knew about it and it is an ungodly amount for a markup. It was 1 cent? So I doubt he even spent 50 cents total.

That's even worst than Dr.Dre and his headsets.

It was posted in this thread and I bought one. Then it was sold out like down minutes later. I live in Taiwan so that is why I was up at that hour.

It was 0.99 not 0.01.

Then I saw BST and my eyes rolled so hard, but it is acceptable.

Im finally double dipping into Dark Souls after not beating it on ps3 and I cant seem to figure out how to get a controller to work. I have dsfix installed and Im using scp drivers for a dualshock 3

He didn't take advantage of the situation by selling large quantities for $20 each.

This is true and I'm fine with paying $20 for a price glitch exploit after the fact all I'm saying is it would have been nice to have a heads up so everyone could get a chance at the 1c deal as well, whether or not he did this intentionally is just speculation but I'm a cynical asshole and it seems like the most obvious reason to me. The excuse that he thought everyone knew doesn't really fly considering the Dirt Rally price glitch which was well known had a huge amount of people talking about it and even selling it in the bst thread at the same time so why wouldn't that be the case for Tomb Raider?

there was already a line of people camped out in the thread posting "WTB RotTR for $20 or less"...people wanted cheap codes and they gave people exactly what they wanted

they may make a lot of money on this...or they'll make zero if the codes get revoked

Shadownet

Banned
It was posted in this thread and I bought one. Then it was sold out like down minutes later. I live in Taiwan so that is why I was up at that hour.

It was 0.99 not 0.01.

Then I saw BST and my eyes rolled so hard, but it is acceptable.

I think if he had said something and maybe charge $10 or less. It would have been acceptable. But whatever, the deed is done. He just probably won't be on some people good side.

I mean we have a lot of good gaffers on here that go out of their way to help people get stuff during price glitches without profiting. I remember Chuck was helping people get GTAV when it was $35. I got it from spindoctor but I threw in $1 for the help.

Those are the good gaffers.

Hey you can always just wait for ROTR to get back down to .99 if that makes you feel better about all of this.

Otherwise, what's there to complain about? It wasn't like we were hating on our Russian Bears when they were getting things dirt cheap and then making a decent chunk on the trading market

I'm not saying it wouldnt be nice. what i'm saying is that he's neither obliged to tell, nor not telling makes him the devil. besides, if you check newegg, the coupon for it does exist, and is indeed related to dirt rally:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16800980009

EDIT: actually, my bad. the related coupon was just NewEgg showing me a previous search, not something related. Because i dont really use NE, i'm not sure that with more usage, it would suggest me related things, so i'm not jumping into conclusions.

Is this the part where I can just say I bought tons of graphics cards instead since nobody else saw it?
rofl. i want to see a rig made solely with gpu's.

Lomax

What's funny is people on here were asking where he could have gotten the codes from, and apparently absolutely no one thought to actually look on sites like Newegg themselves.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'll say this, I'm happy getting a Rise of the Tomb Raider for $20.
Could probably have gotten it cheaper if more knew about the glitch, but still I got it for dirt cheap compared to what I was willing to pay for the game.

Shadownet

Banned
If I'm not misunderstanding, the game was $0.01 for 12 hours?
$0.99 apparently
What's funny is people on here were asking where he could have gotten the codes from, and apparently absolutely no one thought to actually look on sites like Newegg themselves.
Well there are people on GAF who buy and sell GPUs so that where they get their codes from. So if someone has an abundance of codes, that's where I would assume they got it from as well.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
SteamGAF GOTY is going to be like
This is like one of the best manga going right now. Surprised to see it in this thread though!
Especially since this is animuGAF

People who regret bundle trash, of course. Didn't someone here drop all the way down to like 200/300ish games?
I'm pretty sure that was Stallion Free. I can understand where he's coming from, and I'm debating to delete a few games myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom