• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Banned
It's a 2 year old game. Everyone already played it

I didn't until it was on PC. Considering the caliber of GTA V and it coming, it should be up there the same way it was 2-3 years ago.

EDIT: Wait Tomb Raider was 1 cent. :(

If it gets revoked I guess I'm screwed, unless the GAFer wants to refund me. Can't get my money back.

Eila

I've never played CS, CS: GO, Dota 1 or 2, LfD 1 or 2, or anything Valve's made that doesn't have single player. I do honestly feel left out.

I should make a Gaming Thread about it, since I'm probably the only one that feels this way.

I have 1.7k hours on TF2, 289 on L4D2 and 177 (and counting!) on CS:GO. Thankfully I have barely touched the DOTA genre (only played a bit of LoL).Their games are addicting.

Echoplx

as of right now no one has an actual Steam code yet and it's possible all of those codes could be revoked (also possible they could be allowed)

they've already said if the codes are revoked they'd refund the buyers...if the code goes through I'd have paid $20 for a game I was looking for ward to and if it's revoked I'll get my money back

I'm ok either way

I know, I bought a copy from him.

If you want to scalp after a glitch is over and no one can get it fine but not mentioning the glitch to anyone in the first place is kinda crappy.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I didn't until it was on PC. Considering the caliber of GTA V and it coming, it should be up there the same way it was 2-3 years ago.

EDIT: Wait Tomb Raider was 1 cent. :(

If it gets revoked I guess I'm screwed, unless the GAFer wants to refund me. Can't get my money back.

The gafer has said he'll refund everybody if the keys get revoked, so I hope he sticks to his words.

Teggy

Drops smoke grenade on top of captain to protect him. Chrysalid hits captain with crit and he dies. <shakes fist at xcom>

Lunaniem

Wait, tom raider was available for 1 cent for 12 hours and no one knew? How in the fuck did that happen?

that guy that's selling it for 20$ knew and didn't say anything, probably hoping he could sell more copies :/

I assumed everyone would of known by the fact it showed up in related items under Dirt Rally codes and given that it showed up in top results if you searched for Tomb Raider?

It blows my mind too how it didn't get everywhere.

Smash88

Banned
I assumed everyone would of known by the fact it showed up in related items under Dirt Rally codes and given that it showed up in top results if you searched for Tomb Raider?

It blows my mind too how it didn't get everywhere.

Could've sold it for $10. ;D

Jokes aside, that CDN -> US conversion rate is brutal.

bigzgod

If you want to scalp after a glitch is over and no one can get it fine but not mentioning the glitch to anyone in the first place is kinda crappy.

Agreed. Even if Newegg doesn't ask all the keys to be revoked, they're only going to allow the buyer to keep 5. If the glitch was announced, then everyone could have gotten a chance to get one of those copies, which they would have been allowed to keep. There still would have been demand for those copies once it was fixed. Except now, everyone else who wasn't the first 5 gets screwed over. Incredibly jerk move.

1. Duck Game
2. Duck Game
3. Duck Game
4. Duck Game
5. Duck Game

tumblr_nro1enskFP1qeuiqyo7_500.gif

Apparently I had a CS:GO case drop from one of the majors awhile back from watching it on my connected twitch account. It was worth a little over $3. I opened it hoping for epic loot and got something worth like 50c or less. Such is life.

Where to vote for the GOTY?

here

KrtdLef.png

Voting is now open for the third annual NeoGaf Steam GOTY Award. Voting is simple, just follow these steps:
  • Choose your top 5 favorite games that released on Steam in 2015. See below for official eligibility
  • Award your favorite game (#1 choice) 5 points, your next (#2 choice) 4 points, and so on.
  • (Optional) write a few sentances explaining why you think your top choice deserves to win
  • PM everything to jshackles
Here is a sample entry you can copy/paste into your PM:

Voting will close on January 21st at 4:00PM PST
t1453420800z4.png

Here is the selection criteria. If you choose a game that doesn't meet these guidelines, your vote for that game will be disqualified.
  • Game must have have been released on Steam in 2015.
  • Re-releases, ports, and remasters are only eligible if the original source material was not previously available on Steam. For example, games such as Final Fantasy V or even Chip's Challenge are eligible because those games were not previously available on Steam. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin and Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition are not eligible because they are both remasters of existing Steam games.
  • Episodic games are only eligible if their final episode was released in 2015. For example, King's Quest is not eligible, because only the first two episodes released in 2015. However, Tales from the Borderlands is eligible even though it came out in 2014 because it's final episode was released in 2015.
  • Games released on Steam Early Access in 2015 are not eligible. Games releasing out of Early Access are eligible. For example, ARK: Survival Evolved is not eligible, but Nuclear Throne is eligible.
  • DLC is not eligible. Sorry Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms.
  • Multiple votes for the same game on a single ballot will be disqualified. If you list the same game multiple times, the vote with the highest point value will be used and all other votes for that game will be discarded.
  • If you have any questions about a particular game's eligibility, ask in the Steam thread and we should be able to help you.
  • Modbot is not eligible to vote due to the fact that he is a bot.
If you have any questions, please let me know.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Oh shit... is Talos Principle not eligible?

Yeah, it's probably too late to modify the rules now but a hard 2014/2015 cut-off line really hurts any games released in December.

Talos came out December 11th and few people would have played it in time to be able to vote for it.

Yeah, it's probably too late to modify the rules now but a hard 2014/2015 cut-off line really hurts any games released in December.

Talos came out December 11th and few people would have played it in time to be able to vote for it.

it finished 45th last year...I'd imagine it would fair a lot better than that now

That's where I'm sitting :(

Game is so damn good too.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

it finished 45th last year...I'd imagine it would fair a lot better than that now

I'd make the counterargument in this particular instance that last year people had until March to vote, and most people who wanted to probably would have voted for it by then.

I agree that a few games like Just Cause 3 might get shafted this year as a result, but it's one of the reasons I waited a week to open the voting and that the voting will be open for 2 weeks.

Nete

Witcher 3 will win this GOTY, I have no doubt on that. But any result with Rocket League outside the top 2 will be disappointing.

We did it nicely last year with Divinity Original Sin. Don't fail me this time, SteamGAF.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I guess any cutoff hurts stuff below the cutoff (just like how a cutoff for passing a course hurts people that get a 49% or whatever). So I guess you want the cutoff to occur during the lowest release period, which often is December.

I submitted an updated ballot without Talos.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Surprisingly difficult to get a list of 5 games that are eligible and what I consider as good games/experiences.

I'm having a surprisingly hard time getting it narrowed down that much. But I beat 16 games that came out last year on Steam. I play a lot of games. Sadly I think Ys VI and Oceanhorn are going to get pushed out of my top 5, despite me really liking both and thinking most of the year that they would both be in my top 5.

It's ban worthy imo

Just to sit on the information is bad. You know what your doing isn't really I right but you do it anyways over a few bucks. Hoping someone doesn't spill the brand. That ain't right, plain and simple. If the deal is really not available to others then ok go make your buck.

Sch1sm

Witcher 3 will win this GOTY, I have no doubt on that. But any result with Rocket League outside the top 2 will be disappointing.

We did it nicely last year with Divinity. Don't fail me this time, SteamGAF.

I haven't played Divinity, or Witcher 3, or Rocket League.

Fight me.

If contradiciton isn't on your top #5 I'll get real dissapointed.

How can you not vote for Jenks?

If it was anything more than 5 votes I would have voted for Contradiction, the struggle is real with only 5 spots unfortunately. Had to make sure COD, Fallout 4, Batman: Arkham Knight, Alone in the Dark: Illumination and Bloodbourne had their spots.

I wish I could filter by release date, that'd help. Most games blur together.

1) Resident Evil HD Remaster
2) Ori and the Blind Forest
3) Metal Gear Solid V

I dunno, didn't play too much from 2015.

Vlad

Oh exciting that the voting has started! I'm genuinely curious as to what our GOTY will be. Quite sure it won't be MGSV or Fallout 4... probably Contradiction right?:D

I'm guessing either that, Undertale, or Rocket League, based on general buzz, but who knows?

As is the case with most years, I really didn't play that many games that came out this year in this year. It didn't help that I've been playing a ton of BoI Rebirth/Afterbirth. Still, I managed to scrape together a top 5.

septicore

1. Life Is Strange
2. Tales From the Borderlands
3. Ori and the Blind Forest
4. Dying Light
5. Her Story

There were too many amazing games out in 2015 but sadly I never got a chance to play them all.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
If it was anything more than 5 votes I would have voted for Contradiction, the struggle is real with only 5 spots unfortunately. Had to make sure COD, Fallout 4, Batman: Arkham Knight, Alone in the Dark: Illumination and Bloodbourne had their spots.

I'm in disbelief.

Ozium

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/389840/

A soldier disillusioned with war wants out. Exhausted and not even able to walk... a motorcycle appears before him. His chance to be a deserter. To escape from the battlefield. To end the fight. To regain love and peace! Please enjoy this Japanese indie 3D motorcycle simulator game.

Just played like 15 minutes of this. You control a guy on a motorcycle and you move left or right and press space to drift. You kind of just drive around until you hit something and then you unlock some shit? Got a care package by achieving enough distance and I unlocked the abililty to replace the motorcycle with a horse. has cards and cheevos so you know it's good.

GOTY contender

RobNBanks

Banned
Ever since that CSGO ranking update I've had 0 fun. I lost one game, deranked, and now get progressively put with shitter and shitter teammates. I suppose the time has come to drop matchmaking.

Or just play my backlog instead.

doesn't matter what your rank is, mm is shitty in general.

1 - Crypt of the Necrodancer
2 - Rocket League
3 - Tales From the Borderlands
4 - Cities: Skylines
5 - Prison Architect

I don't really play many of the big releases (no Metal Gear Solid, Fallout 4 etc) but even so, I don't think my choices would change too much if I did. Crypt of the Necrodancer is an incredible game! If you haven't checked it out, you definitely should.

impact

Banned
Ever since that CSGO ranking update I've had 0 fun. I lost one game, deranked, and now get progressively put with shitter and shitter teammates. I suppose the time has come to drop matchmaking.

Or just play my backlog instead.

time to hit the DMs kid

kindly don't do horrid joke games voting, that's no less not funny than these games are

was joking anyway, I won't vote because my steam profile is just 2k hours of CS:GO then me ignoring everything else or playing it for 5 minutes then playing CS:GO instead

trying to play Game of Thrones TellTale and it's just so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom