• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaussTek

I think Xenoblade X is gonna get put on the back burner in favor of trails. I understand the concepts so I should have much trouble jumping back in. Not much story to really worry about losing.

Yeah, I think I'll do the same. The world is pretty, but I prefer a lot more story-driven RPGs like TitS or Zestiria.

Jawmuncher

I didn't even insult it lol. I liked it the one time I seen it years ago.

Only thing I don't like is Sean Connery get resurrected by a witch doctor?

I just assumed most people hate it lol. But yeah the spoiler is the one thing I was kind of meh about.

Capcom is going to make bank with DD on pc arent they?

I really hope they will start making more new game annoucements soon though. I am fine with these ports and such though (really, I like them) but I really want them to try and play off that with making new games and making them more similar to how they use to be (RE, Power Stone) etc

Is there hope? I really dont want another RE 5/6

I really hope they will start making more new game annoucements soon though. I am fine with these ports and such though (really, I like them) but I really want them to try and play off that with making new games and making them more similar to how they use to be (RE, Power Stone) etc

Isn't Capcom hurting for money? Doesn't seem like they want another 5 (or 6 especially) either.

Capcom seems like a company lost in itself, trying to find out what they used to do.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The promotion material focused a lot on the French Revolution, turns out it's the templars that made it happen, and it remains in the background the whole time. Arno is annoying like young Ezio but without even a fraction of Ezio's charisma. Final boss fight was a pain because Arno controls like a tank, I ended up spamming smoke grenade and walked straight up to stab the baddie.

Yeah, I know.

Actually, I didn't mind Arno. Yeah, he's not Ezio. Same as Connor (who I didn't have a problem with, unlike a lot of people). However, unlike Connor he really doesn't have a back story beyond "I become an Orphan and fall in love with my childhood adopted sister and we have a tragic love-story because Ubisoft wants this game to be something that isn't Assassin's Creed." Seriously, Elise... I don't hate her, but I really dislike that she adds nothing of value to the story beyond her
being a Templar and given that she still loves Arno thinks her fathers idea of the Templar/Assassin's truce could still work. Which, for the record beyond the Templar back-stabbing actually seemed to be a net positive for both sides. Nobody but the Assassin Mentor and Templar Grand Master liked it though.

But yeah, the Revolution isn't expanded on at all (neither was Americas beyond showing Connor being a player in certain events with major stars of that revolution) despite advertising. Like, you can totally ignore Unity and nothing in the story will have changed since Black Flag. That's kinda a fuck up on Ubisofts part.

Capcom has no money. It's why SF5 is a Sony-joint. It's why we're getting these HD remasters. It's why we're FINALLY getting a Biohazard 2 remake despite a decade of begging Capcom to remake that after REbirth. Dragon Dogma making money on PC isn't going to solve this issue. Capcom only have themselves to blame given they burned through talent and pissed off a lot of fans in the process thinking they'd make money in the process. NOPE.

Isn't Capcom hurting for money? Doesn't seem like they want another 5 (or 6 especially) either.

Capcom seems like a company lost in itself, trying to find out what they used to do.

They can't make remasters forever though right?

RE 1 Reremaster

I really wish they would have made RE1 fully 3d and had options for controls and stationary cameras though, just for fun.

Capcom really needs to get on

New Classic RE
Power Stone 3? is that right?
Dragon D. 2

Then throw in some new IPs here and there. A new powerstone would be nice and shouldn't break the bank too much.

Then we need to get namco in on the game with ridge racer

zkylon

zkylewd
You're not excited for Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax or Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines Infinite Duel?
turbo plasma double retina TO THE EDGE XX A MILLION forever~

League of Legends is the most generic slice bread name I ever heard.

I don't know why you like that movie with Sean Connery and those X-men so much.
well at least they dropped the "clash of fates" subtitle

it is a dumb name tho, specially since the league of legends as an actual concept in the lore was retconned out last year haha

no idea what sean connery movie you talking about, i like him in indiana jones

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
With all the lewd bullshit that gets dumped on Steam, where's my Vanillaware lewdness? That's the lewdness we deserve, not the VN dumpster fire that steam has become. Demand quality lewdness people!

MUnited83

For you.
With all the lewd bullshit that gets dumped on Steam, where's my Vanillaware lewdness? That's the lewdness we deserve, not the VN dumpster fire that steam has become. Demand quality lewdness people!

Senran Kagura is already coming to Steam :3.

Vanillaware really should start putting their games on Steam tho, i need me some Dragon's Crown.

They can't make remasters forever though right?

RE 1 Reremaster

I really wish they would have made RE1 fully 3d and had options for controls and stationary cameras though, just for fun.

Capcom really needs to get on

New Classic RE
Power Stone 3? is that right?
Dragon D. 2

Then throw in some new IPs here and there. A new powerstone would be nice and shouldn't break the bank too much.

Then we need to get namco in on the game with ridge racer
Hopefully after enough remasters they'll have enough money to do... Anything.

I'll buy every remade game so long as they're good. They have at least one more piss easy port they could dump on Steam with Code Veronica X HD.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Senran Kagura is already coming to Steam :3.

Is that the 3ds game where the cover is a lady with large breasts with a scroll stuck in them?

Edit: yup sure is. Remind me to not forget to put 3ds next time, as just googling Senran Kagura is NOT safe for work at all >_>

The same franchise yes, but I believe the one that's coming is one of the Vita/PS4 games.

Oh I didn't even know it was a series, I only know of that one

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There is no multi in Syndicate.

Oh thank god. Though I really do enjoy Assassin's Creed's PvP mode in a weird way. It's really a fuck-up they dumped that for co-op that nobody would play. The PvP mode only needed like 2-8 players MAX to be able to play and had a small fanbase that was willing to play it because it was fun to try to mind-game folks.

But at least with Syndicate I can blow through the story and collectathons on my own time with no outside influence needed.

Lomax

Thankfully, Street Fighter V will remain Street Fighter V.

Also I'm not seeing many votes for Huniepop. For shame people. Audrey = Best girl of the year.

I fully expect HuniePop to make the top 20 and I think it has a real shot at top 10.

zkylon

zkylewd
QLFZ3i8.png

took undertale a while but it's now finally speaking my language

I think Xenoblade X is gonna get put on the back burner in favor of trails. I understand the concepts so I should have much trouble jumping back in. Not much story to really worry about losing.
I finished the prologue and like have of chapter 1 and got bored because I still couldn't actually do anything. I'll play some more of it tomorrow... well later today since its already 2am... yea, I'm going to sleep now. night gaf
QLFZ3i8.png

took undertale a while but it's now finally speaking my language

not gonna lie that was my least favorite part of the game (minor spoilers)

at first alphys blowing up your phone with messages was kinda funny but then it just got really REALLY annoying, every 5 steps she'd call or send a message.

MUnited83

For you.
The mods took my post about Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and turned it into a thread o_O. I didn't even knew that was possible.

Corpekata

Banned
The mods took my post about Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and turned it into a thread o_O. I didn't even knew that was possible.

Had it happen to me about FFVI. I think some people must assume I REALLY like the mobile port of VI because around the news of release both threads I had "made" were on the front page.

I have to say nobody on the forum except Luna finding the price error is kind of incredible. We all failed at the internets.

Indeed.

Hella bummed about not getting in on that RotT deal. Especially since I cant redeem my AMD code for Dirt lol. Ah well. You win some, you lose some. Congrats on those who got on either deal! :D

MUnited83

For you.
People still have their doubts though. :p
But yeah, smaller indie games like these won't harm Sony (and their fans) anyway.

Considering the Helldivers release directly by Sony in December and the timeline, i'd say it's a sure thing. Sony isn't going to start bringing one game to PC and then stop, they'd clearly have a plan for a few more of their indie catalog. And someone that just wanted to make a fake submission would need a hell of a luck to get it leaked just as Sony is publishing a game on PC so it is feasible, and then constantly updating the app over months, and then designing a banner for it to put on the store... I mean, none of this makes sense if the game isn't actually being ported :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom