• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes me think, could people play together on LAN? I mean technically everyone is using the same internet card with the same MAC address and everything.
it feels more like a proof of concept than anything else. you wouldn't be able to use different accounts of steam, for example. it's more like "7 people can use this computer to play different games".

Yes due to virtualized desktops being highly customizable.
Ohhhh, i totally forgot he was virtualizing stuff. disregard what i said earlier then :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
who the fuck deletes games?

stupid people lol yeah stooooooopid!!!!!

I feel so attacked right now.

yeHb18w.gif

Lomax

Hey you can always just wait for ROTR to get back down to .99 if that makes you feel better about all of this.

Otherwise, what's there to complain about? It wasn't like we were hating on our Russian Bears when they were getting things dirt cheap and then making a decent chunk on the trading market

Sure there was. Especially when people like dunder would pop up and do it for cost. Hell I'd say drama around it was one of the things that drove off part of this community.

Sure there was. Especially when people like dunder would pop up and do it for cost. Hell I'd say drama around it was one of the things that drove off part of this community.
I suppose I can't hate on someone making a decent buck off of this given that were all saving $40 per copy each. Now, would I rather have had a chance at getting it at $1? Yea, sure, but that ship seems to have sailed.

Had we not known that the keys were sourced from the newegg glitch no one would be bothered by it at all.

But boy do I miss those Russian bear days. Made my work day blow right by getting tf2 keys and then seeing which trader was making the best offer on a regional pricing mistake

to me "shady" would have been them completely disappearing after the error got known and never being seen again...instead they have been right here and have said they would refund anyone who has a code that gets revoked

I don't think it's about pricing refunding or any of that though. It is more in tune to selling something and sitting on it and not helping out in my eyes.

I'm not mad at the guy or even saying it's wrong but when you think about seeing a deal online and you dont speak up and start selling it your self.... it gets to a point where you know what you are doing is a bit iffy. When you have hopes that no one else speaks up about it then you know it isn't completely right. Thats all I'm saying.

I have no problem with him selling it for 20 , 30 or even 50. I have no problem in him selling 100 of them either. I just don't like the idea that people will sit on deals when it helps out people who can't afford the 20.

Sometimes I also feel bad for places that have price mistakes as well, someone has to be losing money somewhere and I am not in place to judge how rich said company is though lol

I have been a seller before and use to do a lot of deals myself so I understand that some people do that as their job. I understand that any business sells something for most than they make it or buy it for. So I am obviously not against him there. No way.

I don't think anyone would have minded if he said hey guys TR is 99 cents! I'm going to buy extra and sell them off if the deal doesn't work for you or whatever. Thats honest and cool, no issues with that at all.

Tizoc

Oh shit... is Talos Principle not eligible?

It was released in 2014, I voted for it in the 2014 Steam goty voting :p
You're too slow stump!

This is why you need to keep an eye on 2016 releases from now on and not play games from bundles :V

Wait, tom raider was available for 1 cent for 12 hours and no one knew? How in the fuck did that happen?

that guy that's selling it for 20$ knew and didn't say anything, probably hoping he could sell more copies :/

Wait Tomb Raider or Dirt Rally? Where was Rise of TR mispriced for $1 o_O

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just a reminder: SteamGAF GOTY voting is now open.

I've already received and tallied a total of 39 ballots. There is a bit under 2 weeks remaining in which to vote. There were some great games released last year.

I'll try to keep the reminders down to about once daily so that people are generally aware of the voting, but not to disrupt things too much.

GRaider81

I do think it's a little out with the GAF spirit and generosity Ive experienced and seen not to alert the community to a price error such as this but at the the same time I'm not going to complain at getting RotTR for $20.

daxy

On the Dragon's Dogma train now. Looks pretty good from what I've seen so far, but I don't expect anything groundbreaking, just glad it made its way on PC after all this time :U

Lomax

I'll say I understand not talking, the faster things like that spread, the more likely they get shut down and cancelled. Plus it seems inevitable that reddit or whatnot will pick up on things. I'd imagine he was as surprised it went unfound as anyone. It's easy to think more people could have taken advantage, but it's just as likely it could have ruined it for everyone. After all, usually these Newegg cheap codes are expiring, not an actual mistake like this.

Sch1sm

I do think it's a little out with the GAF spirit and generosity Ive experienced and seen not to alert the community to a price error such as this but at the the same time I'm not going to complain at getting RotTR for $20.

I'd complain. That markup is gross.

I was going to play dogma on ps3 but it has to be a lot better on pc right?

Really hope we can get a great comparison. Ill have to wait for the pc version now. The muddy and rough feeling gets to me just a bit on ps3.

Has there been any screens or videos. Really havent keep up with it but I'd love to hear about some of the changes if there are some

*I dont really want to talk about he price error thing anymore that is why I went to pms. I dont care if he was selling them for 30 or 40. I even told him I wasnt mad at him and he still comes back with the same sentence over and over. I just dont want people to sit on deals in the future for self gain. Buy extra,s sell them for what you want when the deal is gone. Doesn't matter to me for the record. Just don't sit on deals for your self is all. If I seem mad? Well, didnt think it seemed I was mad but that is why we have text here and we arent talking I guess. Not mad at all though... dont see why Id be mad over games :)

daxy

I was going to play dogma on ps3 but it has to be a lot better on pc right?

Really hope we can get a great comparison. Ill have to wait for the pc version now. The muddy and rough feeling gets to me just a bit on ps3.

Has there been any screens or videos. Really havent keep up with it but I'd love to hear about some of the changes if there are some

Have a look at this thread:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1108757

There have been a number of videos by people who got review codes. Can't find them atm though.

Sch1sm

Finished Mini Metro just now.

Strategy simulation title where you design the subway map for a growing city and a very rapidly growing population, too, I felt. It revolves around how long you can keep your subway running, because overcrowding ends your "game" unless you're playing in endless mode. To achieve that efficiency you can redraw your subway lines, choose carefully where you put extra locomotives/carriages, the sort. I redrew them constantly, but in Extreme mode you can't do that whatsoever.

It's not too long a game to just beat straight out. It took me 6 hours because certain cities caused me more issues than others, for example Cairo (since the generic locomotive only carried 4 versus the 6 of every other city), but I think that was all in the challenge of it. Had to live off of carriages there.

Go play it if you have it. It's not too long, but it's enjoyable enough time will just pass you by if it's your sort of title. o/

Tizoc

What specs exactly? The game should pretty much run on a toaster.

Any specs, I know the game should run on low end laptops much like some of their previous releases, but I'd like some impressions so I cna make a thread to convince more people to get it :p

Rise of TR on Newegg for $0.01 apparently.

...how do you find Dirt Rally only and not Rise of the TR damnit.
Newegg is the new Steam mispricing lol.

Any specs, I know the game should run on low end laptops much like some of their previous releases, but I'd like some impressions so I cna make a thread to convince more people to get it :p

...how do you find Dirt Rally only and not Rise of the TR damnit.
Newegg is the new Steam mispricing lol.

yeah man you guys have to step up your game! haha, its cool though.

Honestly, I don't really care about tr that much. I will play it but for now I'd rather replay the old games which i did buy during the winter sell.

Tizoc, I have to thank you again for all that you have did. Really appreciate it honestly. makes me feel all warm and teary eyed

Of course I would have bought TR for that price... who wouldn't? It's affordable but for a game I or some may not be into it isn't really a must buy even at 20 dollars (and no, not a throw at the guy selling it for 20) 20 isn't a bad price for a new game.

daxy

Cool Ill have to wait for a sale price more than likely since I already own it and the game was a bit hard for me but I really really love the level design and atmosphere this game provides.

I was lucky enough to get the chance to record a couple of short videos of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WHegzVujqE - Video guide on how to collect apples.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2v-FYCN72M - Combat montage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SrIFyfHTpU - Sorcerer spell montage. 60fps bolide!

Did I mention 60fps bolide? Because I was lying! When playing the game it's actually 144fps bolide! *swoons*

Found 'em!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Finished Mini Metro just now.

Strategy simulation title where you design the subway map for a growing city and a very rapidly growing population, too, I felt. It revolves around how long you can keep your subway running, because overcrowding ends your "game" unless you're playing in endless mode. To achieve that efficiency you can redraw your subway lines, choose carefully where you put extra locomotives/carriages, the sort. I redrew them constantly, but in Extreme mode you can't do that whatsoever.

It's not too long a game to just beat straight out. It took me 6 hours because certain cities caused me more issues than others, for example Cairo (since the generic locomotive only carried 4 versus the 6 of every other city), but I think that was all in the challenge of it. Had to live off of carriages there.

Go play it if you have it. It's not too long, but it's enjoyable enough time will just pass you by if it's your sort of title. o/

Even if Mini Metro doesn't win any GAF awards, it wins an award in my heart for being a lovely thing <3

Found 'em!
thanks, sometimes my searching skills are bad.

I will delete the game off my ps3 right now... lol

mostly to save room though :) (have a ton of games deleted :( )

As far as I can tell in some of these videos it seems to be doing quite a bit better. I do hope DF or atleast someone will do some screen comparisons to see how they really handled this port. Super interested and hopeful they did some work to it though.

Maybe I am wrong but the ps3 version felt to run bad and the grass, trees faded in quite bad. To be expected and I don't mind it. if it can be fixed quite a bit that's great though. Wonder if this will head to consoles as well? Likely?

Looks like a decent resolution and clarity bump as well which is nice

1. Trails in the Sky SC
2. Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!!
3. King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match
4. Gear Up
5. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R

Jawmuncher

I think Xenoblade X is gonna get put on the back burner in favor of trails. I understand the concepts so I should have much trouble jumping back in. Not much story to really worry about losing.

impact

Banned
DD hype is real

I hope it sells really well on PC so they feel dumb for waiting so long. Also maybe it will entice them to bring over that other cool action game series they have to Steam >_>

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Finished Assassin's Creed: Unity and somehow lucked out on getting a 4 player co-op host despite being "STRICT NAT WARNING"d. Huzzah. 4-player co-op Uplay action complete. So I can now play the co-op by myself/in private mode so I finish those up on my own time.

The single-player is uh... the story doesn't really move at all and the tragic love-story was so eye-rolling for a variety of reasons. Like, you could totally skip it and nothing in the meta-plot or even the historical plot matters too much.

I thought Arno was alright but his actions at the end were WTF. And they don't get explained in the free DLC outside of "lol I'm leaving
because I'm no longer an assassin and despite helping Napoleon I find out he's somehow bad. So fuck all of you, I'm getting on a boat and leaving France!
" :/

Elise I could've done without given that ending and how little she actually impacts the story. It's basically Phantom Pains "ALL FOR REVENGE" cranked to 11. :/
---

That said, the assassination missions were actually refreshing. You can go about them in various ways
until the final one which takes the training wheel/distractions out
which is a throwback to the first AC. Something the other games forgot. So if there's one thing I'd like them to bring back, it's that sand-box "choose your approach of stealth or balls-out assault" back.

I didn't like the 100% sync kinda flying in the face of that or requiring certain skills. If you didn't spec up or know them ahead of time, you're fucked since you can't respec your "initiate." :/ Means you can't try all the skills for the co-op team mode unless you grind out co-op as well.

Hopefully Syndicate gets away from the co-op though. I'd rather have Wolfpack back than worry about co-op missions never being able to be played since no one plays the mode.

Jawmuncher

DD hype is real

I hope it sells really well on PC so they feel dumb for waiting so long. Also maybe it will entice them to bring over that other cool action game series they have to Steam >_>

I'm hoping they announce another PC port this year of a most wanted title.

Knurek

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
2. Tales from the Borderland
3. Mushihimesama
4. Contradiction
5. Paint it Back

Had I played them, I guess TitS and PoE would be somewhere out there.

DD hype is real

You gotta march up to Nintendo HQ and beat them down yourself.

I would try Monster Hunter on PC though.

thanks, sometimes my searching skills are bad.

I will delete the game off my ps3 right now... lol

mostly to save room though :) (have a ton of games deleted :( )

As far as I can tell in some of these videos it seems to be doing quite a bit better. I do hope DF or atleast someone will do some screen comparisons to see how they really handled this port. Super interested and hopeful they did some work to it though.

Maybe I am wrong but the ps3 version felt to run bad and the grass, trees faded in quite bad. To be expected and I don't mind it. if it can be fixed quite a bit that's great though. Wonder if this will head to consoles as well? Likely?

Looks like a decent resolution and clarity bump as well which is nice

Yep, it's not a simple port. It's on the same level as remaster.
If it's on consoles, it'll be called remaster.

DD hype is real

Too bad they don't have that many RPG lineup.
And the available ones are owned by Sony and Nintendo..

Finished Assassin's Creed: Unity and somehow lucked out on getting a 4 player co-op host despite being "STRICT NAT WARNING"d. Huzzah. 4-player co-op Uplay action complete. So I can now play the co-op by myself/in private mode so I finish those up on my own time.

The single-player is uh... the story doesn't really move at all and the tragic love-story was so eye-rolling for a variety of reasons. Like, you could totally skip it and nothing in the meta-plot or even the historical plot matters too much.

I thought Arno was alright but his actions at the end were WTF. And they don't get explained in the free DLC outside of "lol I'm leaving
because I'm no longer an assassin and despite helping Napoleon I find out he's somehow bad. So fuck all of you, I'm getting on a boat and leaving France!
" :/

Elise I could've done without given that ending and how little she actually impacts the story. It's basically Phantom Pains "ALL FOR REVENGE" cranked to 11. :/
---

That said, the assassination missions were actually refreshing. You can go about them in various ways
until the final one which takes the training wheel/distractions out
which is a throwback to the first AC. Something the other games forgot. So if there's one thing I'd like them to bring back, it's that sand-box "choose your approach of stealth or balls-out assault" back.

I didn't like the 100% sync kinda flying in the face of that or requiring certain skills. If you didn't spec up or know them ahead of time, you're fucked since you can't respec your "initiate." :/ Means you can't try all the skills for the co-op team mode unless you grind out co-op as well.

Hopefully Syndicate gets away from the co-op though. I'd rather have Wolfpack back than worry about co-op missions never being able to be played since no one plays the mode.
The promotion material focused a lot on the French Revolution, turns out it's the templars that made it happen, and it remains in the background the whole time. Arno is annoying like young Ezio but without even a fraction of Ezio's charisma. Final boss fight was a pain because Arno controls like a tank, I ended up spamming smoke grenade and walked straight up to stab the baddie.

Jawmuncher

League of Legends is the most generic slice bread name I ever heard.

I don't know why you like that movie with Sean Connery and those X-men so much.

Yo the league of extraordinary gentleman gets more shit than it deserves. It's pretty enjoyable for what it is. Would be great to see a reboot of it. Don't wanna stick to just the comics.

-----

I see the work they put into DD and RE4 PC making their way to consoles at some point. No reason for Capcom not to try and make more money. Plus a early release on PC doesn't really affect anything.

Yo the league of extraordinary gentleman gets more shit than it deserves. It's pretty enjoyable for what it is. Would be great to see a reboot of it. Don't wanna stick to just the comics.

I didn't even insult it lol. I liked it the one time I seen it years ago.

Only thing I don't like is Sean Connery get resurrected by a witch doctor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom