• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valve can't even handle staff departure right. I really wonder how that company even manages function. I just wonder how long it will be until people really, really start to hate them for lack of communication.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not. In what world is Valve obligated to inform the public of every staffing change that happens in their company?

Also, did anyone ever manage to mod Max Payne 3 so that cutscenes could be skipped? I'd actually consider replaying the campaign but I can't stand those long ass unskippable cutscenes.

Raxanas

Neo Member
Guys i just got a capable pc and i need some advice.What should i buy first STALKER series or Wolfenstein: New order and old blood? They kinda cost the same and i cant really decide....

Knurek

Valve can't even handle staff departure right. I really wonder how that company even manages function. I just wonder how long it will be until people really, really start to hate them for lack of communication.

"For the last ten years all of our PR statements have been misdirected to /dev/null, we are truly sorry for the mix up. We will now direct them do /dev/null"

Jawmuncher

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not. In what world is Valve obligated to inform the public of every staffing change that happens in their company?

Also, did anyone ever manage to mod Max Payne 3 so that cutscenes could be skipped? I'd actually consider replaying the campaign but I can't stand those long ass unskippable cutscenes.

The game loads during the cutscenes or something.

Dsyndrome

My GOTY list was fake btw.

This is my real one:

(5 Points) - SOMA
(4 Points) - Project Cars
(3 Points) - Neptunia 2
(2 Points) - Witcher 3
(1 Point) - Akibas Trip

I was curious, not that the other list can't be valid. One person's unfinished pizza is another one's infinite pizza anyway.

yuraya

And if 70 of those slices you see again after you swear you've seen them before.

.....If I paid for a pizza and it wasn't a complete pizza, I'd be pissed. That pizza would also not be POTY.

But if you are having fun eating the slices then who cares what they looks like.

BTW Pizza of the year is any pizza that has Onions, Mushrooms, Sausage and Green peppers on it.

dex3108

They are not obligated but when you have community that waits for almost 10 years for a closure and person responsible for story leaves company in complete silence you would expect some kind of explanation.

Echoplx

What? Valve don't need to "handle" staff departure, what the fuck does that even mean?

They are not obligated but when you have community that waits for almost 10 years for a closure and person responsible for story leaves company in complete silence you would expect some kind of explanation.
not really, no.
Do you want Gabe to post an apology on Reddit or something?

Dsyndrome

Didn't Amy Hennig get an "all the best" message from Naughty Dog? I could see something like that for Laidlaw, unless it was entirely on bad terms.

This is my first time I saw someone voted for this game, can you share some of your impressions with us?

I played it quite a lot during the "early access" days and it really is, to me, the best racing-sim available with gorgeous graphics. Sony has GT, PC has PC.
It really felt like the devs listen to the community and put a lot of details into the game (and especially the cars).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Not really. Publicly-traded companies may announce or otherwise comment on a major change or departure, but only because either they're legally obligated to or such occasions have the potential to impact investor confidence, neither of which apply to Valve.

Backlogger

I'm still trying to decide whether or not I want to vote. Last year I played more games that actually came out within the year I played them than ever before but for some reason I am just not excited enough to vote for any of them.

Maybe I shoulda bought Witcher 3

What is this all about?

The writer of half life 1&2 left/quit

Yikes...

I played it quite a lot during the "early access" days and it really is, to me, the best racing-sim available with gorgeous graphics. Sony has GT, PC has PC.
It really felt like the devs listen to the community and put a lot of details into the game (and especially the cars).
I'll pick it up when it has a better sales price then.

Jawmuncher

I'm still trying to decide whether or not I want to vote. Last year I played more games that actually came out within the year I played them than ever before but for some reason I am just not excited enough to vote for any of them.

Maybe I shoulda bought Witcher 3

What is this all about?

The writer of half life 1&2 left/quit

not really, no.
Do you want Gabe to post an apology on Reddit or something?

Nothing bothers me more than valve using Reddit as its news hub if they have to put something out. It's so weird to me.

JaseC

There are a bunch of present day collectables in Syndicate and the majority of them are recounts of someone reliving the experiences of an assassin during Renaissance Italy, so I have my fingers and toes crossed that, in spite of the back-to-back Ezio trilogy, Ubi is teasing a return to the period for next year. A current-gen game could really do the setting justice.

Be still, my beating heart.

Razorskin

----- ------
Mystery bundles from GMG

TeHeZlr.png

d187Aka.png

All of Europe needs a extended hiatus from AC. Unless it's WW2 or something.

I actually wonder why they wont really use asia. Its like a lot of people are asking for that and we get some sidecrollers in the interesting periods of Russia, China and India.

A normal AC in 1800 Beijing, 1600 Edo or sth. like that would be great.

Didn't Amy Hennig get an "all the best" message from Naughty Dog? I could see something like that for Laidlaw, unless it was entirely on bad terms.

They didn't even do that for Kelly Bailey when he first left, or Ted Backman or others. Not happening.

What's probably going to happen is some of the media will try to push Valve or Laidlaw to talk about HL3, to which they either don't get a response, get a "no", or "this doesn't affect anything".

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Ok

• Return Null
  • Vertical Drop Heroes HD
  • Deadly 30 (already own)
  • Zack Zero (already own)
  • Battlepaths (already own)

So that was a waste of $7...

Guess I'll do a giveaway later :)

This is actually worse than I was expecting in terms of name recognition for the games, but actually better than I was expecting in terms of whether the games are well received. The "worst" game there is Zack Zero with "mixed reviews" on Steam.

Jawmuncher

I actually wonder why they wont really use asia. Its like a lot of people are asking for that and we get some sidecrollers in the interesting periods of Russia, China and India.

Yeah it sucks that the most interesting settings have been thrown into that game. Hopefully it's a case of things to tease rather than checking off the block for that period.

Ludens

Banned
I've received and tallied votes from the following 65 people:

If your name is on this list, your vote has been counted. There is such a diverse list of games represented so far - there were some amazing games released in 2015. Thanks to everyone who's already voted and if you haven't yet, you should.
I voted but I'm not listed

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
IIRC you can screw up a playthrough only if you start heavily grinding up, because enemies and especially bosses and rare monsters scale up with your level, on a scale of like 1:10000349683947369873489763498346.

Also, there are a ton of missable sidequests, if that's your cup of tea.

Oh that's what it was, i'll be careful i guess with the leveling....sigh. I'm fine with missable quests, i don't think i was gonna 100% this game anyway. Thanks!

Hey, I'm going to make my main guy a dual wielder warrior dude.
<Main guy promotes to mage>
Wait what? WTF??!
<Main guy requests magical swords for magic>
No no no!
<Main guy upgraded to hybrid>
Ok, good, closer to warrior
<Main guy is stuck in hybrid branch which leads nowhere... you dun goofed kid>
=(

The game decides my specialization?
WutFace.png

Xanathus

Oh man, imagine an AC set in Japanese-occupied China with Sleeping Dogs style combat...

chronomac

Bought the mystery 3-pack. Had these 2:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Sun and Moon -- MB-9ACF6E9BAE2F0528 - Taken by ctw0e. 2 entrants total.
Ocean City Racing -- MB-605C357204F2822C - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.

t1452274905z1.png

Also got the first episode of Return Null.

JaseC

Ok

• Return Null
  • Vertical Drop Heroes HD
  • Deadly 30 (already own)
  • Zack Zero (already own)
  • Battlepaths (already own)

So that was a waste of $7...

Guess I'll do a giveaway later :)

All of those games have been bundled at least twice. What a surprise.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SMITE Ra Skin -- MB-837A6D77DCC32390 - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 1 entrants total.

t1452277965z1.png

Backlogger

All of those games have been bundled at least twice. What a surprise.

I'm just glad my $7 spent will help all of you save the $7 by skipping this

Did anyone preorder Fallout 4 from Funstockdigital?

Did you know you get a free Seasons Pass key if you did.

Funstock REDEEMED!

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/...tal_codemaster_deals_from_063up_to_84/cxv9f7g

I just emailed that FunStock email with my fallout 4 order yesterday and they emailed me a Seasons Pass code today.

Nice, I will have to try this out. I ended up having to buy a second key from GMG because of this fiasco and never could get them to refund my initial pre-order so I ended up selling it to my brother. This definitely redeems them in my eyes, though I think I would still be careful about pre-ordering from them in the future especially for a game as big as Fallout 4.

Monooboe

About the GMG mystery bundle, I thought it would be random games from a set, if it's always the same games why even call it a mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom