• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

There are dozens of us! Dozens!!!
I have it but haven't played it yet but from what I've seen it looks like your standard Ubisoft open world design

It still is good foundation for sequel. Remove main story, make interesting factions and charachers with good side stories, add fraction system and few more things and we will get great Mad Max game :D

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
i promised Tektonic that i would write some impressions of the Last remnant, after playing like an hour and a half it seems like your standard JRPG, the game kinda throws you suddenly into the world and combat which feels too sudden. Speaking of the combat it's kinda interesting but also it's very loaded with many technical terms like "Deadlock" and "Interception", not gonna lie i'm not a combat expert right now but i manage. The Last remnant seems ok so far and i think i'm gonna keep going, but 60 hours seems long. Also i read some reviews and i heard you can screw your playtrought somehow so that seems interesting in a fucked up way
EleGiggle.png

Arthea

rather surprisingly there was no Syndicate on any list either, considering that there some AssCreed fans here and everybody liked it.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blaster Shooter GunGuy! -- MB-6CCE97C344E3E179 - Taken by ctw0e. 2 entrants total.

t1452266025z1.png

My GOTY

dex3108

rather surprisingly there was no Syndicate on any list either, considering that there some AssCreed fans here and everybody liked it.

It would probably be my No. 5 if i was pressed to vote :D But because i can find something good in every game instead of looking for bad things only i really don't have GOTY list :D

Endruen

I don't know if anyone else is interested in Yandere Simulator, but Yandere Dev uploaded an important video I think you should check:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0yXtJuF1SI

Basically, he doesn't know how to deal with the game now, because it will take too long too finish it.
Here is the poll on what he should do:
http://strawpoll.me/6478658

What do you think? I think he has to release the Kickstarter's campaign, the game has enough followers to fund it.

Eila

If it's okay, I'm cross-posting this from the main ToZ topic as it's very quiet there. This is Steam version related, after all:

Welp, I wonder if we ever get Alisha's Story DLC on Steam. Without it, it's impossible to get all the achievements or access extra content.

A user on Steam Community supposedly received an e-mail from Bandai Namco, this was their answer:

Not sure if this problem ever gets corrected (as soon it has been two months since). People have tried tweeting to @TalesofU, yet they haven't said anything. If anyone on GAF cares, then all kind of help is appreciated. Here is how the store page looks like right now:

I'm sure everyone is grateful that they fixed God Eater DLC for pre-orderers and Alisha's Story DLC's save issues. While graphical/sound/framerate issues can be fixed by talented people (e.g. Durante, Kaldaien, DrDaxxy etc.), they cannot make DLC available for legal reasons.

Even now, ToZ still has a critical bug affected by higher sample rates which causes crashing (and this can be fixed with a patch made by a fan) or by setting sample rate lower than 48 0000 Hz.

Also, for people who aren't into Tales or don't know about the situation, this DLC has been available for PlayStation versions all this time:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...pter/cid=EP0700-CUSA02461_00-TOZ000ALISHABNDL

I think I own it? Didn't play the game but you were supposed to go to bamco's eu website and get the code in there for like a month after launch. I believe it was supposed to be paid DLC afterwards.
qOAwCsh.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Umm... so what's your position on updating ballots from people who have already voted? I know you don't want to be swamped with people who keep re-voting but I realized last night that I made an absolutely daft mistake in the list I sent in because I simply forgot about another eligible game that came out and deserves that spot so much more.

In my defense, I keep a list of all games I completed in every year and I used that to choose my top five. I don't list multiplayer games on it because, obviously, you can't actually complete a multiplayer game. And the game I missed in my vote was Rocket League.

The way I'm compiling the list, it's quite a bit of work to accept an edited vote from someone. First I have to go back to their original vote and reverse it before moving forward with entering their new votes.

Please consider a PM sent to be like dropping a letter off at the post office. Once it's gone, it's gone.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (AtomskEater, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sinless -- MB-A29E1F096258FF8F - Taken by titch. 9 entrants total.

t1452277065z1.png

I had impulse purchased Sinless after getting a 90% coupon drop for it, but apparently had entered a raffle on another site where it was a prize sometime before that? My mild confusion will be someone's gain, 'cause I don't know what else to do with this key.

Edit: And I did check the website to see if they have provisions for returning won keys. They don't, just straight up email them to you and peace out.

Copons

i promised Tektonic that i would write some impressions of the Last remnant, after playing like an hour and a half it seems like your standard JRPG, the game kinda throws you suddenly into the world and combat which feels too sudden. Speaking of the combat it's kinda interesting but also it's very loaded with many technical terms like "Deadlock" and "Interception", not gonna lie i'm not a combat expert right now but i manage. The Last remnant seems ok so far and i think i'm gonna keep going, but 60 hours seems long. Also i read some reviews and i heard you can screw your playtrought somehow so that seems interesting in a fucked up way
EleGiggle.png

IIRC you can screw up a playthrough only if you start heavily grinding up, because enemies and especially bosses and rare monsters scale up with your level, on a scale of like 1:10000349683947369873489763498346.

Also, there are a ton of missable sidequests, if that's your cup of tea.

Annubis

IIRC you can screw up a playthrough only if you start heavily grinding up, because enemies and especially bosses and rare monsters scale up with your level, on a scale of like 1:10000349683947369873489763498346.

Also, there are a ton of missable sidequests, if that's your cup of tea.

Hey, I'm going to make my main guy a dual wielder warrior dude.
<Main guy promotes to mage>
Wait what? WTF??!
<Main guy requests magical swords for magic>
No no no!
<Main guy upgraded to hybrid>
Ok, good, closer to warrior
<Main guy is stuck in hybrid branch which leads nowhere... you dun goofed kid>
=(

Arthea

Wait what? WTF??!
No no no!
=(

The Last Remnant is all about planning, proper management and training and it takes time to see that clearly and a system behind it, so yeah, some things get ruined in the process.

Witcher 3 needs Skyrim open world.

Witcher 3 needs Soul's combat.

Witcher 3 needs to be another game.

It's not worse than every game needs Souls combat

seriously, how can people want every game to be the same? I would quit gaming right that instant if it ever became true or die of boredom.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SMITE Ra Skin -- MB-837A6D77DCC32390 - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 1 entrants total.

t1452277965z1.png

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
*ahem*

(5 Points) - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
(4 Points) - Ori and the Blind Forest
(3 Points) - Tembo The Badass Elephant
(2 Points) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
(1 Point) - Evoland II

8]

I haven't had this much fun with a AC game in, well, ever.

The way I'm compiling the list, it's quite a bit of work to accept an edited vote from someone. First I have to go back to their original vote and reverse it before moving forward with entering their new votes.

Please consider a PM sent to be like dropping a letter off at the post office. Once it's gone, it's gone.

Ah well. The others here will carry Rocket League to a deserved high rank I'm sure.

Copons

Wait what? WTF??!
No no no!
=(

Damn, I guess I never paid enough attention to notice that.
I'm too good a guy, and if someone asked me for something, I was always sure why not, keep whatever you want.

Also I abandoned the game halfway through because I grinded like an idiot to defeat some monster, only to realize I was having problems because I already grinded like an idiot before for no good reasons.

But mostly, while I appreciated the original take on the battle system, I couldn't stand how cumbersome was the planning and fiddling, especially compared to how quick and funny the actual battles were.

pahamrick

Witcher 3 needs good movement, ui, inventory, crafting and skills before it gets to be GOTY

MGSV needs to be a finished product before it gets to be GOTY.

I mean, the actual game part of it is amazing but after a certain point it felt like I was playing a technical demo as opposed to an actual finished game. It was a weird moment and kind of off-putting when that feeling hit.

its got all those things! and it doesnt even fill your map with monster nets and treasure chests filled with useless loot
No! It got good movement, I'll give it that. The loot isn't useless, don't like them? Turn the icons off.

MGSV's UI was horrible, personnel management anyone? Real time crafting can fuck right off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom