• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a pretty simple thing to fix, yet Namco keeps missing it lol :/ Some dev seriously need to take a look at the message boards.
Agreed. Lack of communication with fans is not a good thing. It wouldn't hurt if someone from their PR team took a look once in a while that everything is going smoothly.
So where do we send our hate mail?
I know you're joking (hopefully). It would be helpful if someone knew who to contact directly (kind of like a certain someone who does PR for SEGA and is connected with their fans).

People have been trying to contact @TalesofU via Twitter as seen in here:
https://twitter.com/search?q=@TalesofU
But no news so far.

I wonder if Valve is able to do anything about this. I'm already prepared for the usual response from their Steam Support:
"Please contact the game's publisher/developer about this, thank you." and then it would be a full circle, haha.

Perhaps eventually they find out something's not right when looking at the revenue report.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Relic Hunter Zero -- MB-C895DF6D13C92569 - Taken by darkchewie. 5 entrants total.

t1452286485z1.png

So, just to be clear, this is a F2P game.

BUT.

This version will bind the game to your account forever. No matter if the world get destroyed, you will still have the game in your account.
And you can unlock cards with this version.

MUnited83

For you.
only retail GOTY I can see has "Cross region trading and gifting is disabled for this item". I'm no longer sure that specific region apps are even needed, I'm actually not sure about anything aside of that everything on steam is region locked.

edited: talking about retail games, this reminds me of that case when I bought a game outside of steam and it wasn't even a retail key, but some dev specific app, it's a mess I say you, a mess.

"Cross region trading and gifting is disabled for this item" doesn't affect retail keys unless it's a 4pack, and even then all it does is region lock the extra gifts if you are in a locked region.

vermadas

1. Rocket League
2. Ori and the Blind Forest
3. The Witcher 3
4. Fallout 4
5. Dirt Rally

I did give in and purchase Life Is Strange and Her Story in the last sale after all the accolades, but they're outside my usual genre comfort zones and I'm not sure if I'll get to them before the deadline. Pillars of Eternity has been a victim in my backlog.

Redemption is up for the Tomb Raider NVIDIA keys btw, I just had it added to my library.

Just redeemed it. Thanks for the deal. Now I can give you feedback. =]

Also my AMD rewards finally got approved, after sending them a damn desk ticket. 2 great games for cheap...the start of a good weekend, I say.

Redemption is up for the Tomb Raider NVIDIA keys btw, I just had it added to my library.

got halfway through the process (entered the code and was about to link Steam account) and the site's server crashed

I hope my key works once it's back up or else I'm out of luck

edit: it worked once the site came back up...thanks again for the deal

It will work, just refresh if you get the server crashed page.

Edit: this is about the Rise of the Tomb Raider key, not the AMD stuff.

Dr Dogg

Even with my complaints to MGSV, still felt it was the best thing I played all year. Was unimpressed with MGS since 4, and V brought me back. I feel it's the best title after the original trilogy. Not many games have me wanting to come back like MGSV did. The game really made you feel like big boss with the sandbox gameplay. Sure it might be bloated, and the story not on par with the others. But I had so much fun creating my own ways to tackle objectives that I can't help but love it. Plus when the story had its moments, they really stood out.

Still I can understand people not liking it. But it's definitely overboard to say it was a complete waste of time or a horrible game (though I know someone will quote this just to say that).

Here's the thing right, while MGS5 is the cool thing to hate on right not, especially it's different narrative slant that's at odds with the rest of the series (or Kojima's games in general) in 5-10 years folks are going to look back on it in a very different light. Who's to say it's not going to set a trend of other games that put the emphasis on storytelling through gameplay rather than cutscenes. I mean in a way MGS5 is your story not Big Bosses. Sadly no matter what you got to put up with that twat Codetalker and his fucking parasite wafflings that just stopped any momentum dead.

BST Thread for $20. All is forgiven.

Also, pretty sure you used that avatar last year? That's crap.

Hey I got better things to do at the mid evening on my first day back in my own house than pull duckfaces into a phone. For that very amazing creepy observation you're all now putting up with mister grumpy on the left for the next 3 weeks.

RotTR redeems as the Standard Edition (obviously)

only question I have now is if this version will give us the pre-order bonus (Remnant Resistance Pack) or not...though getting the game for $20 so I can't really complain

Backlogger

Okay, just submitted my GOTY list to Jshackles. I won't publish it here though because I will probably get shunned for not including PoE.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Okay, just submitted my GOTY list to Jshackles. I won't publish it here though because I will probably get shunned for not including PoE.

your list could remind someone of a game they overlooked in their list before then send their picks so go for it.

Had i not posted D4 in my list i probably wouldve been the only one to vote for it lol

Copons

The big guy is finally arrived!!

mionix-naos_gal-100413864-large.png

Again: is my first proper mouse, so I can't say anything from an expert standpoint, but it feels amazing!!

I immediately changed the grip from fingertip to palm without great pain (it must be said tho, that I claw the mouse at work, so I'm not that picky with the grip), and it's super comfy and buttery smooth.
Especially loving the wheel, after so many years of a sort-of broken one, that recognized a scroll-step every 4-5.

Now I feel I could even install CS:GO again, without the fear of being embarrassed by teammates spectating me and seeing my old sensor going crazy and jumping the view to the sky spinning super fast.

Backlogger

your list could remind someone of a game they overlooked in their list before then send their picks so go for it.

Had i not posted D4 in my list i probably wouldve been the only one to vote for it lol

You did remind me that I still need to play D4. I also need to play Tales from the Borderlands. I own both but still haven't gotten around to even installing them.

Too many games!

Lunaniem

RotTR redeems as the Standard Edition (obviously)

only question I have now is if this version will give us the pre-order bonus (Remnant Resistance Pack) or not...though getting the game for $20 so I can't really complain

Looking in my account for which sub it activates, it looks like we are getting the pre-order one. :)

MUnited83

For you.
The mistery bundles from GMG seem to have a random selection of games, and of course, it's shit that has been in 1$ bundles or given for free a crapload of times before. Stay away.

Teggy

I had to scroll past 19 negative reviews to find the first positive review of what's under your blanket...yet it's rated very positive.

Lomax

Valve can't even handle staff departure right. I really wonder how that company even manages function. I just wonder how long it will be until people really, really start to hate them for lack of communication.

They really need to spin off Steam as a separate company. I think it would massively improve things on both sides.

Lunaniem

It seems they disabled Tomb Raider keys that were bought late yesterday but anyone who already got a key and still some more will are fine.

Sch1sm

The big guy is finally arrived!!

mionix-naos_gal-100413864-large.png

Again: is my first proper mouse, so I can't say anything from an expert standpoint, but it feels amazing!!

I immediately changed the grip from fingertip to palm without great pain (it must be said tho, that I claw the mouse at work, so I'm not that picky with the grip), and it's super comfy and buttery smooth.
Especially loving the wheel, after so many years of a sort-of broken one, that recognized a scroll-step every 4-5.

Now I feel I could even install CS:GO again, without the fear of being embarrassed by teammates spectating me and seeing my old sensor going crazy and jumping the view to the sky spinning super fast.

Naos? Nice choice.

I had to scroll past 19 negative reviews to find the first positive review of what's under your blanket...yet it's rated very positive.

# of positive reviews vs # of negative reviews prevails. The one's first shown are just "most helpful."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom