• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flandy

It seems they disabled Tomb Raider keys that were bought late yesterday but anyone who already got a key and still some more will are fine.

What do you mean those that were bought late? How would nvidia know in which order they were bought in?

Also, hope paypal hasn't locked your account with the sudden influx of cash D:

In ROTTR thread people keep surprising me: I really don't know from where people are getting that VXAO to be included in the game. VXAO is Voxel Based AO and is part of the algorithm of VXGI, You need to have the full tehc to get VXAO as a result of VXGI and trust me the tech is a really really early satges and can't be implemented in any game yet.

Sch1sm

In ROTTR thread people keep surprising me: I really don't know from where people are getting that VXAO to be included in the game. VXAO is Voxel Based AO and is part of the algorithm of VXGI, You need to have the full tehc to get VXAO as a result of VXGI and trust me the tech is a really really early satges and can't be implemented in any game yet.

Probably from here.

I don't know the details of these things, so I can't comment.

The big guy is finally arrived!!

mionix-naos_gal-100413864-large.png

Again: is my first proper mouse, so I can't say anything from an expert standpoint, but it feels amazing!!

I immediately changed the grip from fingertip to palm without great pain (it must be said tho, that I claw the mouse at work, so I'm not that picky with the grip), and it's super comfy and buttery smooth.
Especially loving the wheel, after so many years of a sort-of broken one, that recognized a scroll-step every 4-5.

Now I feel I could even install CS:GO again, without the fear of being embarrassed by teammates spectating me and seeing my old sensor going crazy and jumping the view to the sky spinning super fast.

Congrats, great choice!

Lunaniem

What do you mean those that were bought late? How would nvidia know in which order they were bought in?

Also, hope paypal hasn't locked your account with the sudden influx of cash D:

Right now the codes I bought late yesterday have been disabled while the ones I have sold haven't been deactivated yet. I'm not sure if they are going to revoke game access to pre-activated keys but if it happens I will refund anyone + unactivated keys.

Turfster

I thought about doing that, considering last year there were a lot of people who saw the results thread in gaming side saying "I don't remember seeing the voting thread for this". But the counterpoint is that we want the poll to be indicative of what our community thinks, not necessarily what GAF at large thinks. We like to joke about Call of Duty winning, we don't want it to actually happen.

You'd have to write a filter that if Bloodborne is mentioned in the list, it's not a valid list or you'd go insane.

madjoki

https://news.xbox.com/2016/01/05/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-coming-windows-store-january-28/

https://store.steampowered.com/account/licenses/

It shows the Steam DB link to each package if you have Enhanced Steam.

It's not preorder, it's this: https://steamdb.info/sub/88037/info/

] licenses_for_app 391220
License packageID 88037:
- State : Active( flags 0 ) - Purchased : Fri Jan 08 20:42:42 2016 in "GB", CD Key
- Apps : 391220, (1 in total)
- Depots : 391221, (1 in total)

Jazz573

I'd pledge but 30$ doesn't seem like much of a deal =/
I'd rather wait for the game to be released and then wait for a sale then get it.

I might pitch in if the KS looks like it will fail, but I'm pretty sure it will make it.

They'll probably charge $40 when it releases.

I personally backed at $99 because, I wanted the physical version.

yuraya

I love how you can watch the replay of others and their runs in Crypt of the Necrodancer. Anyone from your friends list to everyone else on the leaderboards. Damn good thing to have in such a game.

Every Rogue game needs this feature built in.

In fact..EVERY game should have this feature and
Souls combat too.

Wait, what?
They use steam account linking?
I thought Valve had discontinued OAuth?

I've done the same thing for this game and MGS V...you enter the redeem code and it asks you to sign into your Steam account to continue the redemption process...once it's all done the game shows up in your Steam library...no actual Steam key is given since it's all automatic

Turfster

I've done the same thing for this game and MGS V...you enter the redeem code and it asks you to sign into your Steam account to continue the redemption process...once it's all done the game shows up in your Steam library...no actual Steam key is given since it's all automatic

Ugh.

Jazz573

Does SP want this to fail?
I mean, there's close to no promotion, and it doesn't seem to be gaining much money other than a person or two getting the lowest tier every now and then.

It still has 26 days. I think it can pull through, if just barely.

If they announced a Vita reward, I think pledges would shoot up.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished Life is Strange earlier today. It really hit hard at times, but the finale ended up what I feared, in that
basically they used the time power to 'retcon' everything in the previous episodes, so that you still end up with a binary A or B ending. I felt really bad about not being able to save Kate in ep2, but by picking the 'good' ending, she's alive again, along with Victoria and others. Just watch the other ending on YT, and bam you're done. I thought they were working up to something a little bit more impactful with their choice system.

MUnited83

For you.
Did AMD dirt keys that was activated on steam get revoked?

Nope, but if they were to be, it would still take a while. Basically AMD would need to do a list of the keys affected that were activated, send it to Codemasters, and then Codemasters would need to send those keys to Valve and request them to be deactivated. This process takes a bit of time so it's hard to say either way right now.

Flandy

Damn, didn't expected Crystal Dynamics to go full meta with TR and its "visceral emotions".

What'd I miss?

Nope, but if they were to be, it would still take a while. Basically AMD would need to do a list of the keys affected that were activated, send it to Codemasters, and then Codemasters would need to send those keys to Valve and request them to be deactivated. This process takes a bit of time so it's hard to say either way right now.

Stop crushing my hope ;_;

MUnited83

For you.
Luna, since you're not selling anymore, you should do a modbot giveaway of the rest of the keys before they all get deactivated :3

Turfster

As expected, fucking browser steam sign-in fails without even giving a fucking error message.
Fucking OAuth bullshit.

Thankfully, the "start a game and use the steam web browser" thing still works.

Jawmuncher

Finished Life is Strange earlier today. It really hit hard at times, but the finale ended up what I feared, in that
basically they used the time power to 'retcon' everything in the previous episodes, so that you still end up with a binary A or B ending. I felt really bad about not being able to save Kate in ep2, but by picking the 'good' ending, she's alive again, along with Victoria and others. Just watch the other ending on YT, and bam you're done. I thought they were working up to something a little bit more impactful with their choice system.

Yep. LiS was a case for me where the ending ended up hurting the rest of the game for me. Was a real let down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom