• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Just gotta play it safe always. It's easy for me to go back to because I have unlimited ammo on one of the guns now. But, without that, collect the hell out of those herbs for health.

#nofriends

E: Jaw, it kinds creeps me that the eyebrows for your avatar are over the girl's hair. y.

Lol, the artist had to get some anime in somehow.

Check SteamGAF, link to Facebook, do clicks for nearly new shooter, get key, activate on Steam, close computer.

What a weird gaming world it is right now.

Flandy

I don't even know why I bought Rise of The Tomb Raider. Thought 2013 was pretty mediocre

I've said before I straight up did not like TR2013 but loved ROTTR. So you can take that as you will.

Well this inspires confidence at least. Is the writing still garbage?

donny2112

I'm 25 now

tumblr_maq0abrfjy1r4v34qo2_r1_250.gif

Yes, you are. Anything past
has crossed into the "old" area. The good part about that is that you no longer need to be concerned with the ridiculous 30, 40, 50, etc. milestones. You're already old. How is it going to get worse (at least in terms of age)?

Oh, and congrats! (^_^)

oipic

Have there been any hints as to when Doom will be coming out? I'm really looking forward to that.

Amazon France have, as they often do, leaked the date of June 30th - this may of course be a placeholder or completely fabricated, however.

Edit: Beaten resoundingly (note to self: refresh page, preview post etc.)

I don't even know why I bought Rise of The Tomb Raider. Thought 2013 was pretty mediocre

This is why it hasn't been on my radar at all. Not even sure why I kind of want uncharted 4 as well. This year and my back log is going to have so much for me. Tr for a dollar or less, sure. But I may not really play it for a while. I now own tr on x1, steam and ps4 and I basically only bought it once. I still regret buying it on ps4 for 20 so I'm not rushing into the new one any time soon

I also figure the ps4 version will bring out a re-released version for all platforms making this one a bit worthless perhaps. I'll wait and see.

Jawmuncher

It's not a huge improvement but it's still a noticeable improvement from the 1st. Everything flows much better, which was one of the biggest issues with the 1st. Well that and really bad characters. The good guys work well, here and villains are a bit overboard but it fits in and makes the climax enjoyable.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Got my R9 390X graphics card in and ran it through the gamut of 3DMark tests. The ultra test (4k) I used to get about 1-2fps on my HD 7850. Now I get between 10-12fps so I'm pretty happy with that result, especially since I don't have a 4k display.

I ran Assassin's Creed Rogue at full everything ultra settings at 1440p and could only get it down to 47fps at the choppiest. Probably 90% of the time running at a solid 60. Pretty impressive considering my 7850 would do about 40-45fps tops at 1080p.

I'm going to have to dive back into Final Fantasy XIII-2 at some point because I really liked the game but my old card could only do about 15fps at 1080p. I know the game is incredibly unoptimized but maybe throwing 8GB of VRAM at it will help.

pahamrick

I ran Assassin's Creed Rogue at full everything ultra settings at 1440p and could only get it down to 47fps at the choppiest. Probably 90% of the time running at a solid 60. Pretty impressive considering my 7850 would do about 40-45fps tops at 1080p.

Does Rogue suffer from the same engine problems that Black Flag had? I remember that ALT+Tabbing out and then back into the game would increase performance.

If you're into indies and played some you really enjoy or wished got more attention, Toma is currently collecting nominees for the Indie GOTY list/thread. If you're interested, you can find the voting thread here
That's really cool. Every time these threads gets promoted here, I plan on following them but man, I never come around doing it. Hoping this time will be different.
Oh god, I'm 25 now
Happy birthday!
i highly recommend you guys get Kerbal Space Program at $16 bucks right now, as the steam release will not hit that low for years

i bought it for 15 all that time ago, so it's worth it
Watched so many videos of Kerbal. Totally believe it's one of those rabbit-hole type of games. It will only go deeper and deeper the more you give in yourself. It's totally on the list of mine.
Got my R9 390X graphics card in [...]
Congrats and have fun with it! It's a beast of a card.

Flandy

Got my R9 390X graphics card in and ran it through the gamut of 3DMark tests. The ultra test (4k) I used to get about 1-2fps on my HD 7850. Now I get between 10-12fps so I'm pretty happy with that result, especially since I don't have a 4k display.

I'm going to have to dive back into Final Fantasy XIII-2 at some point because I really liked the game but my old card could only do about 15fps at 1080p. I know the game is incredibly unoptimized but maybe throwing 8GB of VRAM at it will help.

A 7850 only got you 15fps in 13-2? The hell?

Rhianna Pratchett is still the writer, so i'm going to say yes.

I've come to expect that Tomb Raider going forward will be a series of games in which I fire arrows at dude's dicks, savagely rend their innards with a pick axe while Camilla Luddington struggles maintain her ailing British accent.

Parsnip

Tay helps all.
It's the truth.

I doubt you'll be able to get stable 60 even with that, the framepacer in that game is hosed.
I decided to cap it to 30 with afterburner and and just downsample a bunch instead. White Mage costume for the win.

congrats on the new card...I have a 290X so I'm not really in need of upgrading any time soon (couldn't afford to right now anyway)

Turfster

I've come to expect that Tomb Raider going forward will be a series of games in which I fire arrows at dude's dicks, savagely rend their innards with a pick axe while Camilla Luddington struggles maintain her ailing British accent.

Oh, this reminds me.
Hope I don't have to jump through ridiculous hoops to get the Japanese language pack this time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does Rogue suffer from the same engine problems that Black Flag had? I remember that ALT+Tabbing out and then back into the game would increase performance.

I might try that. Seems like this card should be able to destroy this game, even at highest settings at 1440p.

Congrats and have fun with it! It's a beast of a card.

I'll say. The box with the card in it was over 7 lbs. It's a liquid cooled card so it's got a huge radiator and fan.

A 7850 only got you 15fps in 13-2? The hell?

Yep, it would occasionally spike up to 23-25fps if nothing was going on, but it was a terrible mess.

I doubt you'll be able to get stable 60 even with that, the framepacer in that game is hosed.
I decided to cap it to 30 with afterburner and and just downsample a bunch instead. White Mage costume for the win.

I'm not expecting 60fps but I'm happy with 30 if I can get it.

yo who wants to proof read my disgaea pc preview? I'm thinking of just pming it to Dr Dogg and ask him to do it for me, my man rights like a 2+ essays every month for steamgaf previews.

Flandy

I might try that. Seems like this card should be able to destroy this game, even at highest settings at 1440p.

I'll say. The box with the card in it was over 7 lbs. It's a liquid cooled card so it's got a huge radiator and fan.

Yep, it would occasionally spike up to 23-25fps if nothing was going on, but it was a terrible mess.

I'm not expecting 60fps but I'm happy with 30 if I can get it.

When I still had my 7950 I was getting 60fps when not in combat :x

zkylon

zkylewd
what stock market

literally put a offer on a game and get the game. As a person that likes niche games, the gem auction was heaven.
dude, figurative speech, cmon :>

it was overly complicated imo and accessible to just a few ppl. i thought it was a total mess and so did most ppl i know. also i think the concept in general is not fun, auctions aren't fun imo

anyways, point is, this sale was ok, i don't think there's much to be afraid for future sales having shitty discounts or anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom