• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Welp it happened, bought a lunaniem Tomb Raider code. Noticed they said in the buy sell thread that the codes are redeeming and now my code has mysteriously already been redeemed. Nvidia didn't even send me the fucking e-mail to tell me this shit was back in stock. I'm fuming right now.

Talk to Luna, he is replacing codes to people who got already redeemed ones (of course, he has a limited supply of them, so try to talk to him asap)

Welp it happened, bought a lunaniem Tomb Raider code. Noticed they said in the buy sell thread that the codes are redeeming and now my code has mysteriously already been redeemed. Nvidia didn't even send me the fucking e-mail to tell me this shit was back in stock. I'm fuming right now.

Ask Luna to replace it.

No, no one else.

I'm on mobile right now, that why it not working?

My tomb raider code is coming as already redeemed too, did you manage to contact lunaniem?

Talk to Luna, he is replacing codes to people who got already redeemed ones (of course, he has a limited supply of them, so try to talk to him asap)

Ask Luna to replace it.

I did as soon as I tried it and saw that, no reply yet so I'm super worried now.

Dsyndrome

Is there a way to download the extras from a game without installing the entire game? Want to listen to the soundtrack from Divinity: OS but it's only included in the Classic section, and I don't want to have both versions installed.

Edit: of course the suits entry I pick is the one most other folks went for as well.

Jawmuncher

Is there a way to download the extras from a game without installing the entire game? Want to listen to the soundtrack from Divinity: OS but it's only included in the Classic section, and I don't want to have both versions installed.

Download it, take out the folder and delete. Only way I know of.

AHA-Lambda

Oh god, I'm 25 now

tumblr_maq0abrfjy1r4v34qo2_r1_250.gif

My tomb raider code is coming as already redeemed too, did you manage to contact lunaniem?

Yeah, he said a couple people had this problem and gave me another code

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tea Party Simulator 2015 -- MB-79B05B7E269B973B - Taken by sakyot. 7 entrants total.

t1452309646z1.png

Recommended by Ozium.
This is a 10€ game, I want underline it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, now, come on.
This time their attempt of engaging the users was at best half assed.
Last summer we got the clicker game, and even if one hates the clicker genre, he has to admit that it was a great effort on Valve's part.
I could take or leave dailies, but I still wish they had come up with a better event.
i can understand this, but i think it's actually kind of a weird and complicated situation because like there's something kind of ugly to me about making buying stuff fun? you know?

specially when it gets to the really bad stuff like the gems and auctions

the clicker game was a great effort i guess but it was also a whole lot of nothing and while i think it's kinda fun it was broken for so long that i didn't even bothered

the most i liked was that one christmas that a lot of games added like christmas achievements and new maps and stuff, that was really a whole lot of fun to do cos you ended up playing games you had forgotten on your library and sometimes discovering great stuff (i found rusty hearts like that and i had a blast with that game)

but valve's moved away from that and imo i'd rather just have a stable thing right now and buy whatever i want whenever i want

Dsyndrome

Download it, take out the folder and delete. Only way I know of.

Found out how, you have to open the client's console, then execute download_depot with the game app_id and the dlc's app_id. A little cumbersome, but better than downloading GB's and deleting.

MUnited83

For you.
i can understand this, but i think it's actually kind of a weird and complicated situation because like there's something kind of ugly to me about making buying stuff fun? you know?

specially when it gets to the really bad stuff like the gems and auctions

the clicker game was a great effort i guess but it was also a whole lot of nothing and while i think it's kinda fun it was broken for so long that i didn't even bothered

the most i liked was that one christmas that a lot of games added like christmas achievements and new maps and stuff, that was really a whole lot of fun to do cos you ended up playing games you had forgotten on your library and sometimes discovering great stuff (i found rusty hearts like that and i had a blast with that game)

but valve's moved away from that and imo i'd rather just have a stable thing right now and buy whatever i want whenever i want

Gems and auctions were literally the best things happening in metagame in years.

iosefe

i highly recommend you guys get Kerbal Space Program at $16 bucks right now, as the steam release will not hit that low for years

i bought it for 15 all that time ago, so it's worth it

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
it is a deep and rich Rocket simulator that teaches some basics of rocket science disguised as a Chaos Sandbox. Doubles as a flight simulator if you make Space Planes

totes worth

I wanna get into that game but it feels a bit too deep for me, i've been watching giant bomb's series about going to the moon and i haven't been keeping up with the concepts, i would still pick it up later on just to try it, seems fun.
Oh does anyone here play DayZ? is that game as janky as it looks? i'm not gonna buy because my pc has low specs, i'm just curious.

i highly recommend you guys get Kerbal Space Program at $16 bucks right now, as the steam release will not hit that low for years

I will re-iterate this man's sentiment. Kerbal Space Program is to space exploration what stair dismount is to walking down stairs or something. I bought it when it first came to steam and have not regretted it since, it's most likely going to be my most played game of all time by the time I finish with it.

I've sent one, I am waiting for a response now.
I wish you the best of luck, he's come through for me so I hope he can for you too.

damn, Just Cause 3 is boring as hell... i mean, in small doses, it's fun, but it's such a slog to go through. Probably the first real time i feel buyer's remorse.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 8.2.3. This maintenance release includes the following changes:
  • Added an option in the price menu to override prices displayed by Enhanced Steam
  • Quick and Instant sale currency will now always match the user's wallet currency type
This update is available for Google Chrome and should update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes.

Setting your currency: the program will default to "auto-detect" your store currency, this is the same functionality that most of us are used to. If you do not have any problems with the store currency, I recommend leaving the settings on "auto-detect". However, if there is any issue with Enhanced Steam not displaying your currency correctly, you can override it in the settings in the "Price" sub-menu. Changing this will change all places that Enhanced Steam displays currencies such as price history information, pack split costs, bundle prices, package savings, badge completion costs, and more.

Regardless of the setting above, Enhanced Steam will now also detect your Steam wallet currency type and use that currency for the "Quick Sell" or "Instant Sell" buttons when selling an item from your inventory.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

MUnited83

For you.
I personally can't go back to Just Cause 2, Just Cause 3 feels so much better to play. The wing suit and the added hook functionalities are the big hook for me. The physics are much more fun to play around with in this one and that's the major thing for me.

pahamrick

I personally can't go back to Just Cause 2, Just Cause 3 feels so much better to play. The wing suit and the added hook functionalities are the big hook for me. The physics are much more fun to play around with in this one and that's the major thing for me.

I feel the same, just wish Rico's new voice actor didn't sound so similar to the voice actor for Ezio.

about that GMG 25% off voucher promo...

just got an email from them and it lists the expiration as January 18th now instead of the 12th...some extra time for people to make purchases

Ruruja

Got my highest ever rating in 2v2 on Rocket League at the moment and in that kind of zone where I don't want to play anymore in case I lose. I'll take a screenshot, that'll do.

zkylon

zkylewd

that's one of those games i'd rather watch ppl play than figure out myself

AHA-Lambda

3iHvi.png

Had a rummage, and had a couple spares laying for grabs, please note that Republique is a GOG code and HM2 OST is technically DLC so you'll need the base game

ModBot said:
Instructions for AHA-Lambda:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (AHA-Lambda, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

OlliOlli -- MB-F7542A733A0D34CD - Taken by dot
Hotline Miami 2 OST -- MB-0209A04157029539 - Taken by zkylon
PGP3OVL.png
Republique (GOG) -- MB-2D0E95AEC74B90C2 - Taken by Nyteshade517
Hotline Miami -- MB-72C63F8EF9A3B743 - Taken by someguyinahat

Happy birthday mate. One year closer to your free bus pass!

lol thanks for that, feel so much better :p

Bite me, guy.

80581-Zooey-Deschanel-adorable-lip-b-h9M5.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
did anyone say bite :>

Being able to buy awesome expensive games for like 90%off is gross?

got a subnautica preorder for like >3$
i'd rather pay more money than play stock market for sure

so yup, gross

3iHvi.png

Had a rummage, and had a couple spares laying for grabs, please note that Republique is a GOG code and HM2 OST is technically DLC so you'll need the base game

80581-Zooey-Deschanel-adorable-lip-b-h9M5.gif
i think hm2 is trash but the ost is pretty alright, thanks

Anteater

talking about dragon's dogma makes me feel nostalgic, it feels like ages ago when I played it, I didn't even have a pc those days and I still remember supporting the idea of a pc ver since the framerate was so poopy, I'm not sure if I'll buy it yet, I've played it way too many times but fucking around and taking videos sound appealing... but 22 bucks tho

cross posting from another thread:
a few neat things to know that might help your enjoyment with the game:
- the game is kind of like a watered down action game in rpg form, so approach it the same way as you do with character action games, they share similar design philosophies, experiment with different classes, mix things up will make your experience more enjoyable, if you're bored, try something different, change your class (the game actually encourage you to), variety is one aspect in DD that's lacking (think dmc, where enemies variety were limited but reward you for trying new things)

- you can perfect block a lot of things in the game, including magic spells, some big magic spells are multi-hits so you just need to figure out the timing (the window is pretty huge mostly), it's also why a dude with a shield is the easiest to start with and magic knight can be very self efficient

- assassin's counter works similarly as above, I don't remember if you can counter magic, but you can counter a lot of stuff like attacks by big enemies, obviously it doesn't one shot bigger monsters but it still does damage and it looks like a cool shoryuken and teleport you closer to the mob if I remember correctly

- don't worry about the pawn system/min maxing too much, the game isn't really balanced that well, so just play the way you're having the most fun with, treat it like an action game with AIs that help you, outside of bitterblack isle you could actually solo the entire game, toss the pawns off the cliff if you're finding shit too easy

- there are many small touches in the game, like having a heavy character can weigh down a flying mob when they mount it, heavy characters can carry more items, but they move slower, I usually make a bulky sidekick to carry shit, and it's sorta cool to make big tall characters once in a while

have fun bruhs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom