• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanokare

Anyone know if Naruto 4 on GMG will also get preorder bonuses? Usually it'd say it in the info page but since it's not I'm assuming it's not included?

Also, The Division the only way to get Steam keys would be on Steam right? Seems like every where else would only be uPlay keys.

MUnited83

For you.
no one has

Unless you want to make some steam monies :3. A few games let you make a nice profit from them, just from selling cards. derExperte got all the money back he spent on Undertale and then some just from selling cards of it lol.
Or using it to make badges of anime games shortly after they release, get them expensive backgrounds and emoticons and sell them :3

I don't know what it is about people who use steam but they sure do love their anime girls, those cards are always so damn expensive compared to every other game's cards. I wish I had more anime girl cards to sell :(

zkylon

zkylewd
Unless you want to make some steam monies :3. A few games let you make a nice profit from them, just from selling cards. derExperte got all the money back he spent on Undertale and then some just from selling cards of it lol.
Or using it to make badges of anime games shortly after they release, get them expensive backgrounds and emoticons and sell them :3
profit? wow, i never really made "profit", i just consider it like a gamergate coints or whatever, just a bit of a discount to put on the next game, is all

but see

you're getting into deep business

i just wanna play some damn games, complicated concepts like profit and returns escape me

MUnited83

For you.
Anyone know if Naruto 4 on GMG will also get preorder bonuses? Usually it'd say it in the info page but since it's not I'm assuming it's not included?

Also, The Division the only way to get Steam keys would be on Steam right? Seems like every where else would only be uPlay keys.

Naruto keys on GMG don't come directly from the publisher so it's more a case of having luck or not.

the steam version is basically a Uplay code as well, you need uplay to play the game and the game can be played without using steam once you bought it.

MUnited83

For you.
Regarding The Division, if it like every single other major AAA release by Ubisoft in recent years, it will be included on a Nvidia promo :p

Regarding The Division, if it like every single other major AAA release by Ubisoft in recent years, it will be included on a Nvidia promo :p

both times I bought a graphics card it came with ubi games, honestly I was not too pleased. First time it was Assassins Creed 3 and when i got the 970 i had a choice between Seige, The Crew, and Far Cry 4. All 4 of those games are just EH. Far Cry 4 is basically just far cry 3 all over again and while I enjoyed far cry 3 I don't want to play the same exact game again. Salty that right now they're giving Tomb Raider :(

Division is just Ubisofts Destiny but as a TPS for anyone who wasn't sure. The beta will let that settle in even more.

giphy.gif

Kanokare

Thanks for the info all! I didn't like all the early negativity Destiny got itself into and if it ever comes to PC I'll just end up getting it on sale rather than preordering. I, like many others, have OCD and must have it on Steam which I know uses uPlay but STEEEEM!

Blizzard

Banned
Has anyone figured out a way to fix the "Steam endlessly pops up an update available, restart Steam window" problem?

That is, besides clicking "Close" every time? It seems silly they can't just compare versions if it really updated.

Downwell is really good, lately I have found myself enjoying more games that have a core gameplay mechanic executed really well instead of big AAA games with a million things going on that end up being a chore to play just to see the next cutscene.

Turfster

Has anyone figured out a way to fix the "Steam endlessly pops up an update available, restart Steam window" problem?

That is, besides clicking "Close" every time? It seems silly they can't just compare versions if it really updated.

Switch beta off/on, update, then switch again.
(If it's still fucked, burn your steam dir down and reinstall again - keeping your library, of course)

Knurek

I'm going to have to dive back into Final Fantasy XIII-2 at some point because I really liked the game but my old card could only do about 15fps at 1080p. I know the game is incredibly unoptimized but maybe throwing 8GB of VRAM at it will help.

Not to rain on your parade, but I just finished the game on a 970 and had similar performance (well, disabled the framepacer so instead of dropping to 15 fps game would just go into slow motion).
While using roughly 20-30% of both CPU and GPU
So yeah, what I'm saying is that your card won't help here. I'm hearing XIII-3 is much better in that regard though.

didamangi

Hmm, apparently you can get a Rise of the Tomb Raider code from Asus, even if you have bought the graphics card before the promotion started.

Sadly it's for Asia Pacific only (not including China, Japan and South Korea)

So if you own an Asus GTX 970 or up and live in Asia Pacific, you might want to try your luck here.

neonglow

I found some more leftover codes so enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Titan Quest -- MB-6D4D62E8FB2BDABE - Taken by Loptous. 5 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-D7232347A92471CB - Taken by jdw_b. 5 entrants total.

t1452331607z1.png

That reminded me that the pre-order period for Dragon's Dogma is rapidly closing.

I wasn't sure that I'd pre-order it (as I've already played it three times) but I'm a sucker for a complete soundtrack (especially as the music is really good). So...

7PYucif.png

I'm looking forward to it. May not play it immediately, but it'll be good to revisit it.

Ludens

Banned
Still nothing from Lashman?
I tried to contact him on Steam with no luck, do you have another channel to contact him with?

zkylon

zkylewd
zky
did you buy anything
from the spider bake
sale?
a spider donut

was full of spiders

0/10

would not eat again

also is it weird that i have zero interest in learning anything about the
genocide route
? i can't bring myself to watch that crap on youtube

Copons

I'm thinking of starting Pillars of Eternity today.

Considering I haven't played D&D since the 3.5 era, and the D&D based videogames since the 90s, and anyway I have zero recollection of the AD&D ruleset, how bad it's gonna be for me?

I heard it relies a lot on proper builds and min-maxing: do you have any suggestion on a class that's both powerful and easy to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom