• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are from XIII-2.
Both don't spoil anything else other than the fact that there are (crappy) final boss fights in the game.

Well, I was enjoying XIII-2 up until the final part, warts and all. The difficulty spike from rest of the game was ridiculous though - after two hours of hitting a brick wall during the second phase (where the boss can heal himself much faster than you can damage him, and can dish out damage much faster than you can heal) I just said fuck it, downloaded a trainer and leveled up both PCs to the max (something that generally will take hours and hours of grinding). It was still close to impossible to beat the fucker. :\
"fact"

I didn't have any problems with them.

No? It's a 6-7 year old game dude. That's like asking someone to spoiler tag Sephiroth or something.
FF XIII-2 is a 4 year old game... I think it should be in spoiler tags. I've played through the first game when it was initially released and I'm only now getting to the second. I don't want to know who the final boss fight is against, that is definitely a spoiler.

Started playing Telltale's Game of Thrones. Man is it boring.

image.php

Jawmuncher

The final boss is literally just a monster that pops up and goes "I'm the final boss because we need one".

Regardless difficulty spikes do suck. Pillars of Eternity did that to me last year. Played through the entire game fine only to find out I was underleveled for the final boss. Had to use a trainer. However I think Knurek was just trying to brute force the last boss in 13-2. I was under leveled and beat him once I got his pattern and my own paradigm shifts down.

Hektor

If you have played the game, you know why the name is stylized that way.

Haven't played it, so i take your word for it, but my point beeing is with such a stylized name you'll have a harder time selling this game. Most people won't understand how to pronounce it without additional investigation when they first see it, i imagine that can be quite an inital turnoff to some.

Annubis

Play the acclaimed RPG Masterpiece of all time Granado Espada.

they took the perfect screenshot of what it feels to play a female character in a mmo lol

(yea i said i was going to bed but couldn't sleep... damn you iashman)

But you play 3 characters in Granado Espada.
So he's hitting on his own girl with his own guys.

kurahador

But you play 3 characters in Granado Espada.
So he's hitting on his own girl with his own guys.

Ah yes...that's the MMO game where the gimmick is having you control a 3 member party.

Can't believe it's still alive. This game alongside ROSE Online was my online crack back then before discovering Dota war3 mod.

The Hermit

The GT best 10 years of gamingvideo lists 2015 as one of the best years ever and I agree, mostly because of Steam.

I didn't even had enough time to assimilate (or play) all great games that we had last year , which also explain why most top 10 around, besides one or other title, are so different.

In other words, my backlog is fucked.

Knurek

However I think Knurek was just trying to brute force the last boss in 13-2. I was under leveled and beat him once I got his pattern and my own paradigm shifts down.

It wouldn't be a problem if he wouldn't be able to heal himself. I'd just play defensively, taking out a thousand or so of damage whenever allowed, screw the rating.
But like I said, my DPS simply couldn't match his HPS. I could've grinded in the sidequest areas, but with the game performing as it does on PC, I just wanted to beat and delete.

impact

Banned
Started playing Telltale's Game of Thrones. Man is it boring.

I tried too, man this game is fucking horrible.

I'm really not on board with these kinds of games where QTEs and dialogue are the "gameplay" but I thought Game of Thrones IP could carry this mediocre developer.... NOPE.

Annubis

Wait, aren't the 3 characters you control in that game related? They are referred to as a family and share a family name.

gross

Yes and no.
You can recruit some of the NPC in the game into your barrack (like that shotgun+cannon chick), but the characters in the screenshot are created characters.
So yes, they are probably all cousins.
A cousin is fine too.

Dr Dogg

Alright who ever was banging on about TIS-100 you've a lot to answer for. This game is like crack and my whole weekend, probably the better half of next week is going to be wasted! That or I'm going to end up the paragon of DRY efficiency.

Bowlie

Banned
Alright who ever was banging on about TIS-100 you've a lot to answer for. This game is like crack and my whole weekend, probably the better half of next week is going to be wasted! That or I'm going to end up the paragon of DRY efficiency.

welcome to the party

Ludens

Banned
There are some similarities but saying it's the same as the show is an overstatement I think.

Well, of course is not the SAME, but there are a LOT of similarities:
the girl serving Margery is basically Sansa 2.0, there's a random Rickon, totally useless for the economy of the story, Roderick is basically Rob Stark, his mother dies like Catelyn, the boy entering the Night's Watch is Snow 2.0, the other boy killed in episode 1 or 2 ruling the house is basically Bran, but he dies too. There's a traitor, like Theon, in the house.

Tizoc

I'm not making the thread but here's a thread title
MSI using Bloodborne to promote their new laptop models

Or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom