• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

xfiles.jpg

i really want to believe bloodborne is coming to PC.

rtcn63

your favorite FF is shit

shiiiit

The open-world nature of the second half of FF6 can be annoying if you're not using a guide, not to mention the need for grinding. The final stage asks that you've leveled and equipped all 10+ of your characters properly, since it forces you to split them up into like three parties of four.

And then there's that damn (optional) long-ass tower where you can only use magic, has no save points, and the final boss uses Ultima on death...

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Everything is shit and I like it.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
That would be the majority opinion here.

Dark souls 2 is the best.
On certain day's.
I think it's the weakest entry in the series but also the one I had the most fun with.

I don't get my own opinions sometimes.

yuraya

It's weird how the game actually got progressively worse after launch instead of better.

Except it didn't. The only bad thing Konami did was add fob insurance. Which is completely meaningless. Everything else they did like upping caps on resources and gmp was for the benefit of the online community who wanted to play post end game. The fob grind is there for those who like it. The game at its core is designed to never end. You can keep playing and playing forever. Just because some people don't like it doesn't mean its bad. Its kinda like dissing the pvp aspects of dark souls. Casual noobs will cry sure but in the end people have fun.

Their overall support post launch has actually been pretty good. They added more items, events, challenge tasks and other rewards for those who are into it. And there are plenty of those people when you look at the leaderboards on both consoles and pc. They added longer blockades so that you don't constantly get invaded. I've even heard their support for MGO on consoles has been very good too.

The outrage for the game after launch was magnified mostly by a combination of the Kojima stuff + people who are terrified of an internet connection in 2015. You can beat the entire game offline and without ever building an FOB anyways. Its all overblown.

Khronico

Except it didn't. The only bad thing Konami did was add fob insurance. Which is completely meaningless. Everything else they did like upping caps on resources and gmp was for the benefit of the online community who wanted to play post end game. The fob grind is there for those who like it. The game at its core is designed to never end. You can keep playing and playing forever. Just because some people don't like it doesn't mean its bad. Its kinda like dissing the pvp aspects of dark souls. Casual noobs will cry sure but in the end people have fun.

Their overall support post launch has actually been pretty good. They added more items, events, challenge tasks and other rewards for those who are into it. And there are plenty of those people when you look at the leaderboards on both consoles and pc. They added longer blockades so that you don't constantly get invaded. I've even heard their support for MGO on consoles has been very good too.

The outrage for the game after launch was magnified mostly by a combination of the Kojima stuff + people who are terrified of an internet connection in 2015. You can beat the entire game offline and without ever building an FOB anyways. Its all overblown.

It's really weird hearing this when literally everything was the opposite. I might have to reinstall MGSV and play some more then.

This is very true.

DS2 has the only decent PC port, so yea I'm not surprised PC thread would like it the most.

Stop twisting my posts against me -_-

I don't have a ps4 so I haven't played bloodborne but I've watched numerous playthroughs and lore videos. It would definitely be #2.

rtcn63

I read that one of the updates caused you to be penalized (in-game) cash money for playing offline. Which is horrible, since if you aren't dicking around, you definitely need all you can get for R&D.

Jawmuncher

and people wonder why we don't actually talk about games in here

I'd rather see pages full of anime gifs than

"lolol this game is shit tho". why even bother
Pretty much. If I don't like a game, I'll state why. But still understand why some might like it.

Sure, you keep thinking that, kiddo.
Now go and play with your dinosaurs, okay?
Ok you got me, I'm sure dishonored might be there as well.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
On certain day's.
I think it's the weakest entry in the series but also the one I had the most fun with.

I don't get my own opinions sometimes.

Feel the same really, I had the time of my life playing dark souls 2 even though I knew level design and toher stuff was far worse than dark souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom