• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messiah

Huh, I thought XIII-2's boss was pretty good.

Challenging, but not unfair ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would rather make the case for LR's final boss not being so great.

Grief.exe

Once people mod Final Fantasy IX with Waifu2x enhanced backgrounds it definitely will be the definite edition of the game:

eyYjGZX.gif

Look closely on Square's original image, you can see some tile seams just above his hat. They are everywhere, but that is a good reference point to get started.

gamergaters are sometimes really good at making their points too, even if you can often find debunks of their arguments showing how they selectively took quotes in the way that was more convenient for them

but hey if you're not convinced by the end of the video

damn you tim schafer, you evil scam artist!

there's literally a link in the comments to a video called "tim schafer makes a racist joke" (he doesn't) that also has another link to a blogpost that takes like 8 paragraphs to explain how that joke is racist (it isn't)

Conservative media in a nutshell.

Ludens

Banned
Is that even possible? Mordor made Assassins Creed look like Witcher 3 in terms of open world design.

I dropped it.
The plot is: your car is detroyed, you need to build another one.
The world is just a big desert with nothing except junkyards.
As I wrote multiple times, I'm not into free roaming games, but I enjoyed some of them (GTAV, Saints Raw 2,3 and 4) by doing only main missions. Here is not possible, I spent 3 hours in the game and all I did was grabbing junk in and there.
There's literally no variation, there's not even a story pushing me on going on.
Maybe this game is not for me, but I feel like I'm losing time here, so I just uninstalled it.

Tizoc

I dropped it.
The world is just a big desert with nothix except junkyards.
As I wrote multiple times, I'm not into free roaming games, but I enjoyed some of them (GTAV, Saints Raw 2,3 and 4) by doing only main missions. Here is not possible, I spent 3 hours in the game and all I did was grabbing junk in and there.
There's literally no variation, there's not even a story pushing me on going on.
Maybe this game is not for me, but I feel like I'm losing time here, so I just uninstalled it.

Can I have the game instead :p

I was going to make a joke about buying Mad Max and never playing it but I guess I idled the game for eight hours, lol.

Think I'm done with that though, tired of my play times being fucked up.

cyba89

I dropped it.
The world is just a big desert with nothing except junkyards.

Will wait for Humble Bundle $1 tier then.

Tizoc

I wish I haven't bought Mad Max, 20 bucks wasted.

You might still like it, i mean if TotalBiscuit ranks it among his top 10 gotys despite his criticisms of it, you know it's doing SOMETHING right.

Regardless, this is why i'm only ever getting it at $10 or bust.

Benedict

Been trying to start Xcom Enemy Within/Unknown and it wont work.

Last time I got this message:

Any solutions?

Edit: I can now start EU but not EW...
Just goes back to the selection window...

Messiah

Any solutions?

Did you try switching your download server under settings->downloads?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Why is the Nvidia redeem key website now telling me that I'm not allowed to access it?

You might still like it, i mean if TotalBiscuit ranks it among his top 10 gotys despite his criticisms of it, you know it's doing SOMETHING right.

If you can't find 10 games better than Mad Max this year you have something deeply wrong with your tastes.

Pachimari

Because it's called htoL#NiQ

It's still not there. Not even when searching on "htoL" alone.

Btw, is there any spoiler in the top post with the FFXIII and XIII-2 screenshots? I haven't started it yet but I'm gonna go through it this year and I know nothing about it when it comes to its story and characters. Just wanna be sure not to get spoiled, because I think I might already have been spoiled on FF VII in a FFXV thread earlier this week, and I'm currently going through VII as well.

Jawmuncher

Btw, is there any spoiler in the top post with the FFXIII and XIII-2 screenshots? I haven't started it yet but I'm gonna go through it this year and I know nothing about it when it comes to its story and characters. Just wanna be sure not to get spoiled, because I think I might already have been spoiled on FF VII in a FFXV thread earlier this week, and I'm currently going through VII as well.

That doesn't work either.
It was unsearcheable in the PSN Store, you had to look at the list of games that started by "H" to find it.

Lol really? Nis already shooting themselves in the foot.

Shadownet

Banned
I enjoyed Mad Max, was it flawed and at times simplistic? Yes. But I don't don't know why its so damn enjoyable driving around.

The one thing they really nailed was the driving gameplay, enemies will start attacking you when they spot you. I played 10 games better this year but I can see why some people put it on their top 10. Its like a guilty pleasure.

Heck, I put it over the Phantom Pain.

fantomena

Any solutions?

Holy shit, I got the same error code with Dirt Rally just now.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

The image was from a leak of steamdb just loading the thumbnails for whatever it's date hasn't even been revealed.

Benedict

Did you try switching your download server under settings->downloads?

Yup,
Changed to Norway (from Sweden) no change.
Although the verification codes seem to be much slower now. Have to try several times before they appear on my phone.

EU works fine, but EW just won't start.
Will try and reinstall the game.

Corpekata

Banned
They realized they wanted to let Dokuro keep the title of most "Why are you leading with this port" reactions for smaller Japanese devs.

Dsyndrome

Had that happen to me with going back to the selection window, verified my cache/files and all was well. Had to fix my settings in the menu, but the game worked again.

Unicorn

Just bought Contradiction to play tonight with my SO. Looks like a good time; the GiantBomb talk piqued my interest for sure.

Hey Square Enix.

This is how you make a final boss:

picrossakreo.png

Or this:

And this is a terrible final boss:

maxresdefault.jpg

And so is this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Please understand.
Well ff13 and sequels are terrible games so i dont know whyd you expect that after dozens of hours of pure garbage the final battle of the game would be great, really weird thing to expect.

No? It's a 6-7 year old game dude. That's like asking someone to spoiler tag Sephiroth or something.

I mean it's not a big deal, but if you don't have to spoil it; don't spoil it. Does age really matter? Using a spoiler tag isn't that hard.

I also don't know what Sephiroth is.

Knurek

Btw, is there any spoiler in the top post with the FFXIII and XIII-2 screenshots?

Both are from XIII-2.
Both don't spoil anything else other than the fact that there are (crappy) final boss fights in the game.

Well ff13 and sequels are terrible games so i dont know whyd you expect that after dozens of hours of pure garbage the final battle of the game would be great, really weird thing to expect.

Well, I was enjoying XIII-2 up until the final part, warts and all. The difficulty spike from rest of the game was ridiculous though - after two hours of hitting a brick wall during the second phase (where the boss can heal himself much faster than you can damage him, and can dish out damage much faster than you can heal) I just said fuck it, downloaded a trainer and leveled up both PCs to the max (something that generally will take hours and hours of grinding). It was still close to impossible to beat the fucker. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom