• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaleinc

Banned
CYPEjWQWAAAm_4L.jpg

Youtube trailer of
Bloodborne on PC.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I tried too, man this game is fucking horrible.

I'm really not on board with these kinds of games where QTEs and dialogue are the "gameplay" but I thought Game of Thrones IP could carry this mediocre developer.... NOPE.
I'm going completely offtopic here but Fred <3

I find it difficult to really enjoy modern Telltale games. Mostly because of the dialogue system those games use, strangely enough. I love the atmosphere in The Wolf Among Us but by the time i've read the options I can make the time's up and Bigby stay's silent. I want to think about what I say and do dagnabbit! :(

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
here's my fucking 20bucks capcom
sometimes i ask myself
but-whybpjl5.gif
Because Dragon's Dogma is fucking epic.
The Prologue is a tough cookey to get through. Just a heads-up.

Maxwood

Many of the best games of all time have slow starts.
For example?
I honestly cant think of any favorite of mine that didn't grab me right away.

The issue with DD's prologue is that it's too fast. Your thrown right in with a Level 10 or something character. Lots of skills you won't be able to pull of for a long time after and such.
It's been done before, but in DD it somehow put me off.

The dragon touch sequence is silly and cool, though.

Lomax

You guys are more hyped for Dragon's Dogma than Witcher 3 or MGSV... Yeezus.

I think Dragon's Dogma was the consummate "it makes no sense why this game isn't on pc at all" game for several years now. So that builds a different sort of hype than just typical pre-release stuff.

rtcn63

I didn't play enough of DD on PS3 to know if I loved the combat or not. (The graphics were unbearable) But it definitely wasn't Witcher 2 levels of not-fun, so I'd be glad to give it another chance down the line.

Ruruja

Not sure why it's cool to say the entirety of MGSV was shit nowadays.

Not sure how people can say it with a straight face.

rtcn63

Poor MGSV. I loved the game, but the post-launch updates that fucked with offline players and the lack of a proper second half makes it difficult to defend it. It could've been a contender, yo.

Anteater

You guys are more hyped for Dragon's Dogma than Witcher 3 or MGSV... Yeezus.

dragon's dogma is probably closer to mgsv than the witcher, it does some neat things with combat but it's still a watered down action game, and the story sucks and kind of non existing

if you're in the mood to experiment you'll have a lot of fun

Shadownet

Banned
Not sure why it's cool to say the entirety of MGSV was shit nowadays.

Not sure how people can say it with a straight face.
It wasn't all bad. But it certainly was disappointing considering all the hypes.

Lashman seems to like it. A LOT.

Also impact, you're crazy.

and people wonder why we don't actually talk about games in here

I'd rather see pages full of anime gifs than

"lolol this game is shit tho". why even bother

Echoplx

Poor MGSV. I loved the game, but the post-launch updates that fucked with offline players and the lack of a proper second half makes it difficult to defend it. It could've been a contender, yo.

It's weird how the game actually got progressively worse after launch instead of better.

rtcn63

People should at least (rationally) elaborate on why they think something is shit. Like "Hey, remember that cool, well-placed narrative in MGSV that left most of the die-hard fans satisifed? No? Me neither because it didn't exist."

It's all Bioshock Infinite is shit/Evil Within is shit/Witcher 3 is shit/MSGV is shit/etc.

Also I'm anti-MGS4. It wasn't shit, but it left me disappointed in how linear in was. The second half was mostly boring set pieces and boss fights, oh and incredibly long and often redundant cutscenes.

Turfster

People should at least (rationally) elaborate on why they think something is shit. Like "Hey, remember that cool, well-placed narrative in MGSV that left most of the die-hard fans satisifed? No? Me neither because it didn't exist."

It's all Bioshock Infinite is shit/Evil Within is shit/Witcher 3 is shit/MSGV is shit/etc.

"Ground Zeroes was such a bad "open world for open world" faux-stealth game that was nothing like metal gear or a good game that I grew incredibly bored of it and couldn't care less about MGSV if that was what it offered, even being a big MGS and stealth game fan, because it didn't do either well. It left me so cold I'll grab MGSV for 5$ some day, maybe."

There, happy?

Daily Total War Shogun 2 75% off

Lomax

and people wonder why we don't actually talk about games in here

I'd rather see pages full of anime gifs than

"lolol this game is shit tho". why even bother

Well at this point, basically every game has at least one regular on here who hates it, so anything that gets mentioned is going to get that response.

MUnited83

For you.
"Ground Zeroes was such a bad "open world for open world" faux-stealth game that was nothing like metal gear or a good game that I grew incredibly bored of it and couldn't care less about MGSV if that was what it offered, even being a big MGS and stealth game fan. It left me so cold I'll grab MGSV for 5$ some day, maybe."

There, happy?

Daily Total War Shogun 2 75% off

Phantom Pain manages to be even worse than Ground Zeroes, so wait for 3$ instead. The level design took a even deeper dive and the "open world for open world" shit is even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom