• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloodborne is good but not as good as Souls 1 or 2 imo. I also don't like that I can't dress up in sick outfits and that there aren't many weapons.

Performance sucked, level design sublime.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and now for the best game noone played or even knows about (even tho its been bundled so you probbaly own it)

header.jpg

shockingly good Zelda clone, probably the best ive played in ages. Doesnt seem very long either, im at about 4 hours and looking at the map im near the end

Pachimari

Wait, I'm trying to send the Dead Island gifts to BernardoOne, but it says, "trade will be held for 72 hours", why is that? Does this mean, that I can't do a trade with another person for the next 3 days?

rtcn63

Bloodborne is good but not as good as Souls 1 or 2 imo. I also don't like that I can't dress up in sick outfits and that there aren't many weapons.

Performance sucked, level design sublime.

Old Hunters DLC gives you a LOT of new weapons.
Like you'll pick up five or six in the first half-hour.

Arthea

I leave for a day and suddenly steamgaf hates every game, coincidence? I think not

about Turf hating games, he liked Syndicate, that was shocking.

Wait, I'm trying to send the Dead Island gifts to BernardoOne, but it says, "trade will be held for 72 hours", why is that? Does this mean, that I can't do a trade with another person for the next 3 days?

no, you can, but it also will be held for 72 hours

and now for the best game noone played or even knows about (even tho its been bundled so you probbaly own it)

header.jpg

shockingly good Zelda clone, probably the best ive played in ages. Doesnt seem very long either, im at about 4 hours and looking at the map im near the end
Where was it bundled? I don't recall seeing it bundled.
And why do I own it?

Pachimari

no, you can, but it also will be held for 72 hours

So if I have a deal set to happen on Monday for all Mafia II DLC, will we both have to wait until Thursday for it to actually go through? Is it like this with all trades or is it because I haven't used the mobile authenticator (apparently) for more than seven days?

MUnited83

For you.

You need to activate Steam Mobile Authenticator to do instant trades now :/

That smiley makes me feel it's something fishy about this.

In 2050 I might be able to sell each of them for a couple of dollars! Might even be able to buy a sandwich with them!

Raxanas

Neo Member
Guys whats Better,Getting the 2 new Wolfenstein games or The STALKER collection?
They cost the same and i cant decide!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Where was it bundled? I don't recall seeing it bundled.

no idea but I didnt buy it so it has to have been bundled lol

looking at when I got it, these are the games I got on that day, smells like a bundlestars bundle

19 Nov, 2015 DISTRAINT Retail
19 Nov, 2015 Replay - VHS is not dead Retail
19 Nov, 2015 Heckabomb Retail
19 Nov, 2015 Spellsworn Retail
19 Nov, 2015 Sleep Attack Retail
19 Nov, 2015 MechaNika Retail
19 Nov, 2015 Adventure in the Tower of Flight Retail
19 Nov, 2015 Rack N Ruin Retail
19 Nov, 2015 Get Over Here Retail
19 Nov, 2015 Soccer Rage Retail
19 Nov, 2015 Evolution Retail
19 Nov, 2015 Chronicles of the Witches and Warlocks Retail

Jawmuncher

Guys whats Better,Getting the 2 new Wolfenstein games or The STALKER collection?
They cost the same and i cant decide!
The wolf games are very fun FPS, however all of the stalker games will last you much longer. Dunno if that's a selling factor for you or not.

I'm already using mobile authenticator though. I did ever since it was introduced.

I got Wheelman in return.
You played him like a sucker, jasec so jealous.

Raxanas

Neo Member
The wolf games are very fun FPS, however all of the stalker games will last you much longer. Dunno if that's a selling factor for you or not.

What are you in the mood for?
Those are 2 very different kinds of games.

Well i want something VFM.I mean if i can get for example 60 hours of gaming for 15 euros its better than getting 25 hours for 15...I like both type of games but i am not sure if i can get the STALKER games cheaper in some big sale due to the fact that they are older than Wolfenstein and they got the same price....

Arthea

There's always a good reason why I hate stuff =p
I don't go around hating things just because it's "cool" or whatever.

ha! Deponia? I don't say you hate it because it's cool, but you hate it because you hate Rufus? That isn't even a reason, let alone a good reason.

All games are shit. Especially your favorite game.

c'mon
Tetris?! it negates any such post in existence

Pachimari

Oh... I see that I have had codes sent to my email, but I actually need to get codes sent to my phone every time I want to log into the Steam app. So that is Steam authenticator. That explains it I guess.

Turfster

ha! Deponia? I don't say you hate it because it's cool, but you hate it because you hate Rufus? That isn't even a reason, let alone a good reason.

Sure it is.
He's the player insert character, and he's a raging dickhead.
I don't want to be a raging dickhead. I can't stand raging dickheads.
-> I can't stand the game and can't bring myself to play more of it.

If Syndicate had been all Jacob all the time, I wouldn't have been able to stomach it.
I'm glad they discovered halfway through production that their main character was repulsive and added more Evie.
Just sad they couldn't cut Jacob out entirely =p

Arthea

Oh... I see that I have had codes sent to my email, but I actually need to get codes sent to my phone every time I want to log into the Steam app. So that is Steam authenticator. That explains it I guess.

ain't that horrible? Instead of hating on games, we should hate on this, and region locks, and day one dlcs, and season passes, and DRMs, etc.

Jawmuncher

Well i want something VFM.I mean if i can get for example 60 hours of gaming for 15 euros its better than getting 25 hours for 15...I like both type of games but i am not sure if i can get the STALKER games cheaper in some big sale due to the fact that they are older than Wolfenstein and they got the same price....

It depends, I know individually they have been bundled a few times. Do you have enchanted steam? Might be worth checking what the lowest prices were for the individual games as well as the collection. Should also show the current lowest price.

Looks like you can save 4 bucks buying individually. Double check to make sure they're steam keys though.
https://isthereanydeal.com/#/search:Stalker;/scroll:#gamelist

Tizoc

header.jpg

Short games are the best IMHO. After Binary Domain and Black Flag I think I'll put time into this before Dragon's Dogma and Rise of Tomb Raider.

Arthea

Sure it is.
He's the player insert character, and he's a raging dickhead.
I don't want to be a raging dickhead. I can't stand raging dickheads.
-> I can't stand the game and can't bring myself to play more of it.

If Syndicate had been all Jacob all the time, I wouldn't have been able to stomach it.
I'm glad they discovered halfway through production that their main character was repulsive and added more Evie.
Just sad they couldn't cut Jacob out entirely =p

need I really to point out that you don't need to love him to play the game, you can loathe him and play the game. People play God of War just fine and there is noone alive that can like Kratos.
That's the whole point, Rufus is a parody character, funny and silly, and obnoxious.

Do you really play only games with characters that are good people? What about movies? books?
or are you one of those people that have to be the main character? You don't need to, you know.

header.jpg

Interesting. We definitively need more good Zelda clones on steam. I'll look into it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Playing Wolf The Old Blood. The opening section was anti-fun, but it really picked up after that. It's pretty damn good now. Just
killed the jailer and his dog

Turfster

need I really to point out that you don't need to love him to play the game, you can loathe him and play the game. People play God of War just fine and there is noone alive that can like Kratos.
That's the whole point, Rufus is a parody character, funny and silly, and obnoxious.

Do you really play only games with characters that are good people? What about movies? books?
or are you one of those people that have to be the main character? You don't need to, you know.
No, I don't, but I wasted like, almost 20 years surrounded by assholes and dickheads in various educational institutions because I had no choice. Now that I have a choice, I'm not going to waste any more time with them if there is no real bonus to it.

And there's nothing funny or silly about Rufus. The humour and writing in Deponia are shit too, making it effectively not worth playing. At least GoW was basically enjoyable hack & slashing peppered with eye-rolling cutscenes.

Volimar

Why can't XCOM 2 release today?!?!? I need something to break my gems of war addiction. Damn you steamGAF and your recommendations!

Endruen

Haven't played it, so i take your word for it, but my point beeing is with such a stylized name you'll have a harder time selling this game. Most people won't understand how to pronounce it without additional investigation when they first see it, i imagine that can be quite an inital turnoff to some.
Yeah, I get your point, it was my first reaction too when I saw the title for the first time. But I guess it makes it stand out more too.

Man, this thread goes fast.

Arthea

No, I don't, but I wasted like, almost 20 years surrounded by assholes and dickheads in various educational institutions because I had no choice. Now that I have a choice, I'm not going to waste any more time with them if there is no real bonus to it.

And there's nothing funny or silly about Rufus. The humour and writing in Deponia are shit too, making it effectively not worth playing. At least GoW was basically enjoyable hack & slashing peppered with eye-rolling cutscenes.

well, it's your choice, of course

you haven't just said that Rufus is worse than Kratos, I hope

Arthea

Actually, Rufus is the sole reason one can hate Deponia.
That and raging misanthropy.

but that's all point of Rufus, to be obnoxious and silly to the point it's funny, you can easily slap into him some sense if in real world, he's weakling too.

and BTW what kind of 13-2 you've played, because one I've played is anything but piss easy, because in
every location you can randomly encounter special type of regular and not so regular monsters that can easily wipe you out
. And final bosses are not about levels (unless you are very severely underleveled, what is not that easy to achieve there). It's all about right strategy. knowing boss attacks and very fast paradigm changing, I only can think of one thing that can make those fights impossible, if you fps is so low that you can't change paradigms in timely fashion, letting special attacks to reach you.

Knurek

and BTW what kind of 13-2 you've played, because one I've played is anything but piss easy

I played for 19 hours, died maybe once or twice during that duration (all in the last dungeon when there's that unbeatable Behemoth monster). Then
Caius
fight happened.

Anteater

ffxiii-2's last section is either tedious or easy depend on how much you leveled your characters and your pet

i got there at 22hr and it was shit and was one shotting my pet every other turn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom