• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shin Megami Tensei V is worth 300 alone

Didnt they just say "A new SMT title." Could easily be "Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 3".
Right now checking all these games, I see a lot of ports, some cool new stuff, but still reminds me a bit of the Wii and WiiU "images", where there are a lot of "unnamed franchise title" that we might not even see.

And paid online. lol....

Tellaerin

pa.02006.00154sy2.jpg

Still the only Switch that matters (to me).

MUnited83

For you.
So, uh, this is kinda weird

header.jpg

I've noticed a lot of my steam friends are buying this game. I've checked the Steam store and found this
Unconditional refund policy
13 JANUARY - BLUE SKY
If you’ve purchased my game but regret it some day, you can find me for an unconditional refund at any place and any time, and will not have to tell me the reason. The specific procedures are:

1. Add me to your Steam friend list

2. Send me the following information: the name, time and price of the game you’ve purchased, and your PAYPAL account.

PS. After getting the refund, you will not have to delete the game or the badges, cards, backgrounds and emoticons you’ve got. WHY? It’s because you’re the God here.

I damn hope my Steam friends are buying it because it's cheap and not because they plan on immediately contacting the Dev for a refund and get the game for free :/

kagamin

Well, that's it, Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn is the first Final Fantasy game I've ever played to completion story-wise, lol.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any recommended mod to fix some of the character faces in FFX? It's not a huge deal, but if the options there, why not. And should I play with the arranged soundtrack or the original one?

Mikurden

Nintendo Switch reveal honestly redeemed the Wii U for me. I was going to be all pissed if BotW was amazing on it and automatically make the Wii U worthless but paid online for stuff like Mario Kart 8, Smash and potentially the Xenoblade X port that was teased + not so powerful machine changes a lot.
Maybe this whole thing is some kind of next-level plan to boost Wii U sales.

cyba89

So, uh, this is kinda weird

header.jpg

I've noticed a lot of my steam friends are buying this game. I've checked the Steam store and found this

I damn hope my Steam friends are buying it because it's cheap and not because they plan on immediately contacting the Dev for a refund and get the game for free :/

Must be awkward as hell personally asking the dev for a refund. And it's not even like it's a lot of money.

MUnited83

For you.
Must be awkward as hell personally asking the dev for a refund. And it's not even like it's a lot of money.
Yeah. I'm a bit worried for the Dev, they will lose money with each refund because they are also refunding the cut that would normally go to Valve. Not only that, this is so easily abusable : one can get the game for free and even profit if they say to the Dev they bought the game from the most expensive region. Not to mention they still can ask Steam for a refund as well so they can basically have the Dev paying them money :/

madjoki

Speaking of free games, if you don't live in EU, you can get free $1 bundle or game from indiegala by using Razer zVault payment method. (EU can get <1€ game from store)

https://zvault.razerzone.com/promotion/verify

Yeah. I'm a bit worried for the Dev, they will lose money with each refund because they are also refunding the cut that would normally go to Valve. Not only that, this is so easily abusable : one can get the game for free and even profit if they say to the Dev they bought the game from the most expensive region. Not to mention they still can ask Steam for a refund as well so they can basically have the Dev paying them money :/

I agree it's really stupid.

Dev did this with two previous games too.

Eila

I don't have twitter, facebook or instagram. Will I still get a key?

Yeah just click on one of them, it doesn't check if you follow them. I did instagram and I don't have an acc.

Speaking of free games, if you don't live in EU, you can get free $1 bundle or game from indiegala by using Razer zVault payment method. (EU can get <1&#8364; game from store)

https://zvault.razerzone.com/promotion/verify

This game seems to be removed and it's $1 so that's nice.
https://www.indiegala.com/store/product/sekwere/501720
Just a shame it doesn't come with the OST DLC as well. That one is on the store but purchase disabled.
And they were offering an additional key with each purchase but ran out as I was registering. Curse my luck.

derFeef

Conan Exiles to support mods, damn, getting more excited.
http://blog.conanexiles.com/en/dev-blog-8-servers-mods/

Conan Exiles will feature full mod support on PC. This is planned to be available from the start of Early Access. Mod developers will be able to download a custom Unreal Engine editor, letting them create a whole host of modifications to the game. Everything from changing aspects of gameplay to adding new monsters and items to the game can be done with the modding tools. A mod management tool which connects to the Steam Workshop allows players to easily load in the mods they want to play with. More information on the mod system and tools will be revealed soon.

Also private servers with sliders for everything rgarding building/farmin/xp
Coool.

Tizoc

/come in steam thread for some pc news and tidbits

XujHL.gif
Which you can still get if u read thru the past page or so
Or by actually asking for pc news and tidbits yourself

Case in point-
Id like to hear more impressions about rogue legacy. I was under the assumption the gamr had positive impressiona in general but seems a few here didnt like it.

Ozium

Which you can still get if u read thru the past page or so
Or by actually asking for pc news and tidbits yourself

Case in point-
Id like to hear more impressions about rogue legacy. I was under the assumption the gamr had positive impressiona in general but seems a few here didnt like it.

rogue legacy is garbage

unless you are a fan of floaty jump physics. bad hitboxes and grinding

Knurek

Case in point-

People are still bitter it won SteamGAF GOTY award over Bioshock Infinite.

Tizoc

Hmmm there wa s arogue legacy speedrun in 2015 will give that a watch later

Spelunky speedruns show that fastest it was completed was in under 5 minutes spparently >_>

derFeef

People are still bitter it won SteamGAF GOTY award over Bioshock Infinite.

GOTY awards are weird in hindsight. Like nothing makes sense at all.

Hmmm there wa s arogue legacy speedrun in 2015 will give that a watch later

Spelunky speedruns show that fastest it was completed was in under 5 minutes spparently >_>

Wut. I watched a bit of that Doom 2016 speedrun and that shit was crazy.

Monooboe

I loved Rogue Legacy! I still feel kind of emptiness because there hasn't been a game that really was the same for me. For me it was a perfect podcast game, kind of like Binding of Isaac, but I do prefer Rogue Legacy.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Case in point-

I could spend all day talking about the problems with this game. A real time waster.

I loved Rogue Legacy! I still feel kind of emptiness because there hasn't been a game that really was the same for me. For me it was a perfect podcast game, kind of like Binding of Isaac, but I do prefer Rogue Legacy.
Played any loot-driven ARPGs? If it's that steady character progression you're after I think they handle them in a more fleshed out fashion. Diablo 2/3, Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, pick your poison. Or if it's the 2D castle crawling you're after in a similar fashion, Castlevania games Symphony of the Night, Aria of Sorrow, and Dawn of Sorrow might be up your alley.

Arminsc

So I just started RE6, and I'm not sure what's the best order to play the campaigns. I started with Leon's but maybe there's a better way to do it!

tmarg

Rogue Legacy was somewhat overhyped in its time. I don't really understand why.

It gave people who were intimidated by rogue-like mechanics the opportunity to pretend they were in on the fad. It accomplished this entirely by putting the word rogue in the title, because any actual similarities to rogue were stripped out.

Besides that, it's a fairly mediocre action platformer that actually gains some significant pacing issues due to the poor implementation of faux-rogue mechanics.

Durante

It's a bit grindy, but at it's best the learning curve is just right, the gameplay is fast and responsive, the art and music is nice. What's not to like?
I have to admit that I'm generally not a big fan of the roguelike gameplay loop, so that is probably part of it. It's not a hard rule though, I love FTL.

I think by making it "rogue-like" but not really, they introduced the issues of that type of design while not benefiting from its advantages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom