• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

redlacs

if you ran out of puzzle games for your morning coffee ritual, you can try VOI. in the right circle you see your goal which you must recreate with the shapes youre given. the objects stick to grid and the overlaping part inverts color. simple as that. unfortunately theres only about 60 levels which took less than 2 hours to solve. can't imagine it would be that hard to make lot more levels. not to mean that as complaint about price.

firstlevel.png

just keep in mind theres no bonus points if you manage to put together something way cooler looking than the target shape

heysexy.png

Durante

I'm having an even more difficult time than usual with my Steam GOTY choices for 2016.
I somehow want to recognize tons of excellent indie games, but also a few great larger productions (e.g. Dark Souls 3), and I also need to make space for some VR stuff since it's some of the most exhilerating gaming I've done in 2016.

Luckily lots of VR games are early access at least.

Tizoc

I'm having an even more difficult time than usual with my Steam GOTY choices for 2016.
I somehow want to recognize tons of excellent indie games, but also a few great larger productions (e.g. Dark Souls 3), and I also need to make space for some VR stuff since it's some of the most exhilerating gaming I've done in 2016.

Durante, is there any way to bypass anti-tampering in a game in order to apply downsampling or the like?

Uzzy

I know that feeling well. Except for the VR games, so at least I don't have that problem.

Happy birthday, Kurt!

Happy B-day, have a blast today !

Happy birthday!

Pit People hit global #1 eh? Guess I'll have to look into this thing.

And happy birthday Kurt!

Happy birthday, man! :D Make sure you go do something awesome to celebrate.

Happy Birthday Kurt!

Have a great one! May you slay 10,000 minions!

Happy birthday!

Thanks guys :)

Great choice of a pic there, bob!

Durante

Durante, is there any way to bypass anti-tampering in a game in order to apply downsampling or the like?
If it's just something like Denuvo, then most of the ways you'd perform graphical mods will still simply work.

If it's an anti-cheat solution then injection is probably off the table. However, if it's just downsampling driver-based tools (e.g. DSR) will still work.
Some games (like Watchdogs 2) have a way to disable anti-cheat for single-player gaming, which is really admirable.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
heh, is this a Ys homage in the last boss of Evoland?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There are a few homages in there. The last phase where you play tennis seems more like an Ocarina of Time thing.

I thought Ys because of the
running around the circular room
, I dont remember any other games that did that, well, at least like some Ys game do it at least.

Anyway, cute game, but the same schtick wont work twice, so I wonder what they did in the sequel, and if its more of a "actual" game.

Anyway, cute game, but the same schtick wont work twice, so I wonder what they did in the sequel, and if its more of a "actual" game.

From what I've seen in the trailers, it involves other game genres as well (shoot-'em-ups, fighting games, Professor Layton-style puzzles, etc.) and more "actual" game. I haven't played it, but I'm hoping to get it one day.

Rhaknar

From what I've seen in the trailers, it involves other game genres as well (shoot-'em-ups, fighting games, Professor Layton-style puzzles, etc.) and more "actual" game. I haven't played it, but I'm hoping to get it one day.

oh they branched out of RPGs? thats cool, I guess thats one way yo do the "schtick" again

I dont know if any of you has been reading the SMT Switch thread. But it's rather a funny read after these "console exclusive" label threads.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Assassin's Creed Chronicles China -- MB-59CC80373E2F05E8 - Taken by Sarcasm
Assassin's Creed III -- MB-1C5781429D5D39C9 - Taken by Purkake4
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-AA182F76230A75D7 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-CD21E3FC72E259E4

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Minion Masters was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Rhaknar

is Old Blood known to run badly? Im pretty sure I ran New Order maxed with no issues, but I cant get Old Blood not to be jittery as shit. Any setting in particular I should turn down / off to help?

Man this tool takes FOREVER to dump Wii U games. Bayo 2 started @ 1:30 AM, still going right now @ 7:30 AM. Nuts.

I wish there was more coming to PC in January, but I only see RE7.

Sarcasm

Well at least I can log into uPlay.

Origin for 7 days now can't sign in at all lol.

I would be breaking down if this was happening to me with Steam.

New Syberia 3 video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA9qGwwMRJU

Sadly the framerate seems awful.

Yikes, and the lip sync isn't any better than the frame rate.

I think that's deliberate. They are going for the nostalgia factor. Ideally there should be a mode to fix animations at 15 FPS.
Also, I hope there are proper mouse controls on this one. This is a rather classic P&C adventure series after all.

They should have gone all out and stuck with the 800x600 resolution then. Hearing charterers say, "Kate Walker," over and over in a single conversation should be enough nostalgia.

Just finished Syberia for the first time this week, I thought it was okay. A few to many puzzles were just walk from one place to another and talk to someone while going through to many screens in between. Interested enough that I'll likely play the sequel sometime soon.

Also close to finishing Gears of War 4. It's the first one I've played on the series and I've found it fun enough of a mindless shooty blam blam. I am disappointed I can't play as Kait in single player when she's playable in the campaign in co-op, why would the game stop me from playing Laura Bailey's character?

Tizoc

It looks okay, didn't even know it was a game til now.

Allegedly, but I'm more dumping my games now before I have to sit and wait to do it. There's a public release coming Monday I think that's supposed to boost performance.

It's Megaman-like. Dark Witch 1 has been in bundles so grab it if you like the Megaman style of gameplay.

Tizoc

This one's got me stumped @_@

Pictopix is a little harder than Paint it Back but mainly because PiB offers the option of splitting into smaller section making it easier to fill in the proper squares.

omg_mjd

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (omg_mjd, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-79057667E0F312F8 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 2 entrants total.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-23AF44277977E5FE - Taken by dimmer. 1 entrants total.
Oniken -- MB-CA17A02E141CDD45 - Taken by Professor Lexicovermis. 6 entrants total.

t1484421491z1.png

Shantom

Pictopix is a little harder than Paint it Back but mainly because PiB offers the option of splitting into smaller section making it easier to fill in the proper squares.

There's a move you can make on the vertical 4-2-2 line.

FLD

Finally got around to making my GOTY picks. No DLC since I couldn't think of anything noteworthy that I played this year.

GNrv5RG.jpg

GOTY:
(5 Points) - VA-11 Hall-A
(4 Points) - The Witness
(3 Points) - Superhot
(2 Points) - Hyper Light Drifter
(1 Point) - DOOM

I hesitated on the ordering here for a while. At one point I had XCOM 2 at #1 but I figured if I was excluding Dark Souls III for just being more of the same, then XCOM 2 had to go as well. Honestly, I'm not even sure if VA-11 Hall-A is actually my GOTY. Maybe I'm picking it because I only played it last week and it's still fresh in my mind. But unlike the other titles in my top 5, I just can't move on from it. When it was over, I really, really wished it wasn't. I wanted to keep hanging out with these characters and serve them more drinks and I'm still listening to the soundtrack obsessively (it's actually playing as I'm typing this).

And I'm not really much of a VN guy usually. I mean, I love stuff like Ace Attorney, Zero Escape and Danganronpa but pure VNs don't appeal to me as much. I usually need at least some small amount of gameplay to keep things engaging. So, I was really surprised by how much I ended up loving VA-11 Hall-A. Because of it, my most anticipated game right now is the enhanced rerelease of Read Only Memories coming out in a few days. I hadn't even really heard about ROM and only bought it randomly during the holidays sale because it looked kinda cool and somehow found its way onto my wishlist (probably while doing the discovery queue from a previous sale). But when I found out it's actually set in the same world as VA-11 Hall-A, I got super hyped for it.

EA:
(3 Points) - Slime Rancher
(2 Points) - Subnautica

I don't really buy Early Access games anymore. I usually end up playing them for just a couple hours and then stopping because I don't want to get sick of them before the final release. So, I figured it's pointless to buy them until they get out of EA. When I got Slime Rancher from Humble Monthly, I couldn't stop playing it for two days. I basically had to force myself to stop playing and even then I only did because it seemed like I was about to run out of content anyway. This game is just a ton of fun and would most likely be in my top 5 if it had left EA in 2016.

Knurek

Try the column with 4 2 2, which leads to change in the 3 3 row, which leads to change in the 7 column.

Monooboe

Damn, I'm so bitter that I missed the release sale window.T_T Want to play that so bad! It's so bad that I get happy when you post screens so I can pretend to play it haha.

Bayonetta took 6 hours to dump, Mario 3D World less than one hour. Lol

The only one that plays great so far is SM3DW but I've only played a little bit to be fair. Cannot wait for the 4k packs to go live.

I might just play these after RE7 releases. Maybe sell my Wii U at some point and buy more PC stuff I don't need.

Sch1sm

Second beat game of 2017 goes to:

People really seemed to like this. I tried to. Some of it was fun, in particular the bits where you go through old versions of Pony Island. Honestly, though, it bored me. Puzzles were rather easy. All those jumping + wings + lasers segments were w a y easy to get through. It was okay.

All those instances where they pretty much attempt to or actually kick you out of the game and close it down were annoying no matter how you spin it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom