• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont get why people were expecting anything under $300 for a new console

that's silly

i just find it pointless to have two completely analogous systems and one gives you a good ending and one gives you a bad ending. there's not even like a consistent dramatic character shift through the story, it's just ending A or ending B

what's the point of that choice existing?

if anything i think it makes the characters weaker cos my emily is a psycho but she's all like DADDY while another emily is like complete opposite which to me feels really inconsistent with the idea of a revenge story

it's like if agent 47 could just not kill his targets, he'd be such a lame character

i don't like games that treat non-lethal options this way, it's super lame imo

nice, happy birthday friend

Just as the prophecy foretold...
but happy birthday

Happy Birthday!

It's like Modbot has been.... Switched off.

runs away

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday Kurt <3

Thank you guys :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There isn't much time left to submit your vote for the SteamGAF GOTY 2016!

t1484611200z4.png

I have ballots from the following 88 people:

Sarcasm, Sinatar, Iron Badger, Vazra, Aaron D., PandaPedinte, Amzin, Knurek, Hektor, AHA-Lambda, spinalscratch, Leafhopper, Dongs Macabre, More_Badass, Tizoc, KingKong, ScreamingTrees, Bonfires Down, SatelliteOfLove, AbundantChoice, Adnor, The_Super_Inframan, Kurt Russell, Stallion Free, Wok, diabolusinmusica, hardcastlemccormick, Anno, Uraizen, Spirited, Baron_Calamity, The Dear Leader, def ault, InquisitorAles, Ascheroth, NeoRaider, fantomena, Phinor, dex3108, sprinkles, Parsnip, cyba89, Large Professor, Nzyme32, Stumpokapow, SilentMatthew, QFNS, the_firewithin, Arthea, Khronico, texhnolyze, Lain, rickyson1, ThirtyFour, CecilRousso, Monooboe, laserlaser, Admodieus, septicore, Locust, Ucchedav&#257;da, Flips360, Teggy, Yakkue, Roboleon, Orgen, Jawmuncher, Atraveller, Wo33er, Rhaknar, JarrodL, Axass, Echoplx, Funyarinpa, Nete, Baron von Loathsome, jshackles, hannes, pantsattack, Ozium, Miletius, zkylon, Rayge, Dr Dogg, yuraya, spindoctor, PaulSane, tuxfool

Thanks to everyone that's voted so far! This is only about half the turnout we got last year, so it's vitally important that you submit your vote as soon as possible if you haven't already.

Thanks again guys, and thanks Stump!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kurt Russell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Killing Floor -- MB-85120DE358386ED7 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 1 entrants total.
Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition -- MB-980033250573AA48 - Taken by yoshizzle. 46 entrants total.

t1484432612z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
apparently i had these unredeemed on humble bundle

ModBot said:
[Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (zkylon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

cook, serve, delicious! -- MB-6F425B2B36039F8D - Taken by Hakkelus
home -- MB-0F9F784BA92CCA33 - Taken by TetraxShards
anyone just take em, i didn't want to garbage dump em cos they're good games lol

omg_mjd

Been testing a bunch of games with a Steam Controller and I really like the experience and the depth of configuration options available. Already have a PS4 but contemplating building a cheap gaming PC in the future so I can play multiplats on this controller, it's that good.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Chariot -- MB-7EBC6836D61F0FBF - Taken by Regginator
StarFringe Adversus -- MB-CCB76A10385BB35D - Taken by PaulSane

Nillansan

If only all community managers were as awesome as Tony Shoupinou, we might have had a real shot at getting Atlus titles ported to PC.

Vlad

There isn't much time left to submit your vote for the SteamGAF GOTY 2016!

t1484611200z4.png

I have ballots from the following 88 people:

Thanks to everyone that's voted so far! This is only about half the turnout we got last year, so it's vitally important that you submit your vote as soon as possible if you haven't already.

I wish could vote, but I think the only 2016 game I played was Thumper, and not only am I only up to the third world, but I'm still trying to figure out if I like it or not.

I wish could vote, but I think the only 2016 game I played was Thumper, and not only am I only up to the third world, but I'm still trying to figure out if I like it or not.

You can certainly do an Impressions vote. Nobody here expects everyone to access games like a paid games journalist, where they play dozens of current games each year. Consider what you liked watching, if that applies to you. Or things you're interested enough to buy later on sale. Both are why I threw a point to Xenus 2. White gold.

Teggy

Finished Shovel Knight. Brutal. Way more frustrating than Ori. I need to pick something light and relaxing to play next.

So... I spent half an hour troubleshooting my new headphones because there's no sound. Tinkered with settings, reinstalled and uninstalled drivers, scoured the web for a solution, looked into updating drivers, and...
it turns out the headphone's detatchable cable wasn't pushed in all the way, hence the 0 sound.

ohgodwhyme
So Life is Strange Complete is £3.99 on Humble Store, £3.59 with the Humble Monthly discount.

Pretty sure this is the cheapest it has ever been outside of a pricing mistake.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/life-is-strange-complete-season

giphy.gif

Incredible price for an incredible game!

Anno

I wish I could get into FFXIV =/ On the surface it's about everything I want in one of those kind of MMOs, I just can't make it click. Basically everyone is so positive on it.

neoemonk

Switch details seem to just be one bummer after the next.

I'm taking it very personally and it is hurting my feelings. Might even ruin my weekend.

I know what will cheer me up. Surely, the Humble sale has the Witcher expansion pass on sale!

The Switch details did kind of bum me out, but then I realized I have a lot of great games that I've been meaning to get to on my PC. Dark Souls 3, the Witcher trilogy, and maybe even MGS V, for starters.

I wanted to give away a copy of Marlowe Briggs (because I already have a copy from long a go) to Steam gifts, so a friend links me to steamgifts.com and WOW! even with adblock off for it, log into the site with my steam account is impossible because it's stuck on that prove you're not a bot thing perpetually.

:(

Kanokare

Anyone know if Best Buy is selling Resident Evil 7 for PC? I can't seem to find it on their website. Wonder if their kiosks in store has it...

1 word, SEGA. I really don't know why SEGA America or SEGA Japan doesn't understand that PC is a viable platform.
417EssrKASL._SY346_.jpg
Reading this has been an eye opening experience. Basically what happened at the end was, SEGA of Japan sabotaged SEGA of America and undone whatever advantage SoA gained with its aggressive marketing campaign, Genesis and Sonic. I wonder if its corporate culture has changed at all.

Vamphuntr

i did it, level 50! i really regret not picking up the expansion during the sale now... all that exp continuing the main quest is gonna go to waste... I'm tempted to just buy the damn expansion full price

Have fun rage quitting on the Expert level boss fights or boring yourself to death raising your item level.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If anyone liked the minimalist platformer Love (I know I did, great game), it is getting a sequel kuso in October

If you haven't played the first game and you like tough platformers with an emphasis on replay to improve time and lower deaths, you should check it out. (It's also GAFfer made!!!)

PaulSane

I wanted to give away a copy of Marlowe Briggs (because I already have a copy from long a go) to Steam gifts, so a friend links me to steamgifts.com and WOW! even with adblock off for it, log into the site with my steam account is impossible because it's stuck on that prove you're not a bot thing perpetually.

:(

What browser are you using? I had a very similar problem on Indiegala site while using Opera, had zero issues with Chrome.

Volimar

The Witcher 3 quest system:

Quest says to find <person> at <place>.

Go to <place>

"Oh I'm sorry, <person> isn't here but I'll tell you where they are if you do <quest>"

Do <quest>

"Person went <new place>"

Go to <new place>

"Oh I'm sorry, <person> isn't here but I'll tell you where they are if you do <new quest>"

C13Ici5.jpg

Still enjoying the game a lot, just a nitpick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom