• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of it, my most anticipated game right now is the enhanced rerelease of Read Only Memories coming out in a few days. I hadn't even really heard about ROM and only bought it randomly during the holidays sale because it looked kinda cool and somehow found its way onto my wishlist (probably while doing the discovery queue from a previous sale). But when I found out it's actually set in the same world as VA-11 Hall-A, I got super hyped for it.

Good to know. I might play ROM next after finishing VA-11 Hall-A.

I hesitated on the ordering here for a while. At one point I had XCOM 2 at #1 but I figured if I was excluding Dark Souls III for just being more of the same, then XCOM 2 had to go as well. Honestly, I'm not even sure if VA-11 Hall-A is actually my GOTY. Maybe I'm picking it because I only played it last week and it's still fresh in my mind. But unlike the other titles in my top 5, I just can't move on from it. When it was over, I really, really wished it wasn't. I wanted to keep hanging out with these characters and serve them more drinks and I'm still listening to the soundtrack obsessively (it's actually playing as I'm typing this).

And I'm not really much of a VN guy usually. I mean, I love stuff like Ace Attorney, Zero Escape and Danganronpa but pure VNs don't appeal to me as much. I usually need at least some small amount of gameplay to keep things engaging. So, I was really surprised by how much I ended up loving VA-11 Hall-A. Because of it, my most anticipated game right now is the enhanced rerelease of Read Only Memories coming out in a few days. I hadn't even really heard about ROM and only bought it randomly during the holidays sale because it looked kinda cool and somehow found its way onto my wishlist (probably while doing the discovery queue from a previous sale). But when I found out it's actually set in the same world as VA-11 Hall-A, I got super hyped for it.

I've been thinking about which tier of the humble bundle to get, your post here is pushing me towards that 3rd tier.

AHA-Lambda

Out tonight for my birthday, basically everyone has cancelled on me.

Happy fucking birthday indeed.
I should have stayed home and played video games instead >__>

Might treat myself and buy something - so it's still on topic! :s
I've got nowhere else to complain :/

FLD

Good to know. I might play ROM next after finishing VA-11 Hall-A.

I really wanted to jump right into ROM after finishing VA-11 Hall-A. I was tempted to say fuck it and just do it but the new version adds voice acting and looks like it really improves the game overall. They're giving it as a free upgrade, so I figured I could wait a week or so.

I've been thinking about which tier of the humble bundle to get, your post here is pushing me towards that 3rd tier.

The 3rd tier is definitely worth it for VA-11 Hall-A alone but the entire bundle is a pretty great value, to be honest. I own almost everything in it already and I'll still most likely get it just for N++.

yuraya

That Switch dock comes in at 90$. Nintendo could have easily released portable only Switch for like 200$. The joycons are ridiculously expensive too wth. Cutting enough corners they could release a portable only version for like 150$ by the end of next year. Do it Reggie.

Also Happy Bday @ Kurt Russell and AHA-Lambda

If it makes you feel better I go to college on my birthday. January birthdays always getting shit on <3

PaulSane

Happy birthday!

def sim

HBD, fill that hole by pre-ordering a switch

omg_mjd

Dude my birthday is on Christmas Eve--growing up I had only one gift per relative ("Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas!") and as I got older I saw less and less of my friends on Christmas Eve as their family obligations always overruled my invites.

So, I can relate. Happy birthday!

If it makes you feel better I go to college on my birthday. January birthdays always getting shit on <3
Yep had two test and a presentation on my birthday three days ago. Through my birthday dinner all I thought about was did I solve question 5 and 8 correctly :/

Happy B-Day Kurt Russell and AHA-Lambda

Happy birthday fellow januarian.

Knurek

Sölf;228355399 said:
I just finished Skyborn.

Meh game. 5/10. Totally average at best.

I think you wanted to write Skyrim.
I'm sure you wanted to write Skyrim there.
Didn't you want to write Skyrim?

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday! I hope there is a bright side for you.

TheLight

Happy birthday!!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Darkest Dungeon's new Radiant mode (its actually a difficulty setting), the grinding reducing update, will come out early february for those that have been holding off playing it, or those that want to start a new, faster (but still long as shit lol) run

Now you know where your real friends are! Happy B-Day !

Yakkue

I hope you'll still have a great birthday and the opportunity to stuff yourself with delicious cake!
cakepinkplz.gif

---

I started the Choose-Your-Own-Adventure game To Be or Not To Be today. The writing is very juvenile, but all in all it is entertaining enough that I can see myself trying out many different routes to see what'll happen. Having a
deadly chessmatch
against the queen was a nice idea. The humour and writing isn't my cup of tea at all though. Have people here played through it?

Grief.exe

GOTY:
orNaCYO.png
sRRr0f9.png
7cWfxOn.png
IrGBuyd.png
jDy6bf2.png

(5 Points) - Stardew Valley
(4 Points) - Civilization VI
(3 Points) - XCOM 2
(2 Points) - Dead Rising
(1 Point) - Dragon's Dogma

DLC:
5fG9Yus.png
TkfsrOz.png
klymoAK.jpg

(3 Points) - Elite Dangerous: Horizons
(2 Points) - Kerbal Space Program - Loud and Clear
(1 Point) - Hyper Light Drifter

EA:
hlyoHgh.png

(3 Points) - Rimworld
(2 Points) - Factorio
(1 Point) - Astroneer

Cool Games that I played this year:
rXU8AtF.png

(17 Grief Points) - Overwatch
(7.6 Grief Points) - Hearthstone
(5 Grief Points) - Stellaris
(2 Grief Points) - Dark Souls III

FLD

Darkest Dungeon's new Radiant mode (its actually a difficulty setting), the grinding reducing update, will come out early february for those that have been holding off playing it, or those that want to start a new, faster (but still long as shit lol) run

Interesting. Doing my GOTY stuff earlier made me realize I really need to get around to playing this already. I tried it for a couple hours when it first came out in EA and haven't touched it since. Might as well hold off for this update since it sounds like a much more enjoyable way to experience the game. Just the excuse I needed to finally play it!

Ladekabel

Oh man, Killer is Dead is terrible. Not going to bother with that longer.

Going to start Ys Origin next. The achievements tell me something about different characters. Do I have to play the game multiple times to get the whole thing? If yes than how long does one individually playthrough take?

tmarg

Oh man, Killer is Dead is terrible. Not going to bother with that longer.

Going to start Ys Origin next. The achievements tell me something about different characters. Do I have to play the game multiple times to get the whole thing? If yes than how long does one individually playthrough take?

I think it's basically the same with different characters. At least I didn't feel like I missed anything after my first playthrough. I never finished with the guy because he's an obnoxious little shit.

Btw, don't pick the guy.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Note -- MB-65129AB8B479C165 - Taken by GAMEPROFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom