• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone liked the minimalist platformer Love (I know I did, great game), it is getting a sequel kuso in October

If you haven't played the first game and you like tough platformers with an emphasis on replay to improve time and lower deaths, you should check it out. (It's also GAFfer made!!!)
I dug Love, but I have to give it up to ThatsMyTrunks for naming the sequel "shit".

The Witcher 3 quest system:

Quest says to find <person> at <place>.

Go to <place>

"Oh I'm sorry, <person> isn't here but I'll tell you where they are if you do <quest>"

Do <quest>

"Person went <new place>"

Go to <new place>

"Oh I'm sorry, <person> isn't here but I'll tell you where they are if you do <new quest>"

C13Ici5.jpg

Still enjoying the game a lot, just a nitpick.

I assume you're talking about the Dandelion Arc. It's the low point of the game, mostly because it's an excuse to introduce players to the grand city of Novigrad.

Pam pa ram, pam pam pa ram...

Volimar

I assume you're talking about the Dandelion Arc. It's the low point of the game, mostly because it's an excuse to introduce players to the grand city of Novigrad.

Pam pa ram, pam pam pa ram...

That and the lead in to it. I'm in Skellige now and it's picking up nicely.

Does Ciri have her own game yet?

Annubis

The Witcher 3 quest system:

Quest says to find <person> at <place>.

Go to <place>

"Oh I'm sorry, <person> isn't here but I'll tell you where they are if you do <quest>"

Do <quest>

"Person went <new place>"

Go to <new place>

"Oh I'm sorry, <person> isn't here but I'll tell you where they are if you do <new quest>"

C13Ici5.jpg

Still enjoying the game a lot, just a nitpick.

Normal RPG fetch quest:
Go fetch 1 black pearl for xp and money

Witcher 3 fetch quest:
Go fetch 1 black pearl for xp and money
Also, I used to be an old soldier who somehow survived a life of battlefields. I'm looking for that pearl for my wife to give as a present.
Thank you for the pearl. Here's your money. Too bad it didn't get much of a good reaction out of my wife. See when we had married, we often joked about me giving her a black pearl. Nowadays, she's losing herself more and more and it's scaring me. I thought that perhaps giving this to her would jumpstart her memory and make her return to being herself but sadly it didn't.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Going through the Switch games to see what was announced for what platforms:

Switch Only
1-2-Switch - First party, Switch only
Arms - First party, Switch only
Fast RMX - Remix/update of Wii U exclusive title, dev has occasionally released on PS4 and 3DS but generally Nintendo console exclusive
Fire Emblem Warriors - First party title, Switch exclusive
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - First party title, Switch exclusive
Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! - First party title, but developed by independent devs who originally worked on it on PC. But likely Switch only
Splatoon 2 - First party title, Switch only
Super Mario Odyssey - First party title, Switch only
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - First party title, Switch only

???
Disgaea 5 Complete - Port of Playstation 4 title, I suspect this will eventually release on PC as they work through old Disgaea games
Project Octopath Traveler - Third party title, but no other platforms announced and a loose sequel to two 3DS-only games
Shin Megami Tensei: Brand New Title - Unclear if this is a first party title or not, unclear if it is coming to other platforms or not
Super Bomberman R - Publisher listed as Konami so presumably a third party title, but no other platforms announced
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers - Port/remake of a title released many times on many platforms, unclear for this port/remake if other platforms are in the mix.

Other Platforms but not Steam
Arcade Archives - Currently on Xbox One, Playstation 4, and Windows 10 Universal Turd Pile
Dragon Quest X - On other platforms, on PC, but not Steam
Dragon Quest XI - Also coming to PS4 and 3DS
FIFA® - I assume this is on everything, but EA are incompetent on PC and I wouldn't go near the Origin Wasteland so no idea.
Just Dance 2017 - Generally on all consoles but generally not on PC due to needing motion or camera peripheral
Minecraft - On every hardware as well as PC DRM-free and Windows 10 Universal Turd Pile
Puyo Puyo Tetris - Also on every other console but not PC
Project Sonic 2017 - Announced for other consoles, not sure if confirmed for Steam but seems very likely??
SKYLANDERS® IMAGINATORS - Comes to all consoles but not PC due to needing toy hardware

Also on Steam
Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2 (Working Title) - Currently on Steam and all consoles
Farming Simulator - Currently on Steam and maybe the other consoles?
Has Been Heroes - Also on Steam, maybe other consoles?
I am Setsuna - Currently on Steam, PS4, and Vita?
LEGO® CITY Undercover - Port of Wii U exclusive, also coming to other consoles and Steam
Minecraft: Story Mode - The Complete Adventure - On all hardware and Steam
NBA 2K18 - Releasing on all other consoles and Steam
Rayman® Legends Definitive Edition - Also on every other console and Steam (ALERT: INCLUDES UPLAY)
RIME - Also coming to other consoles and Steam
Sonic Mania - Also coming to other consoles and PC including Steam
Steep - Also on other consoles and PC including Steam (ALERT: INCLUDES UPLAY)
Syberia 3 - Announced for other consoles and PC/Steam
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® - Late port of game on other consoles and PC/Steam

There's an RPG Maker equivalent for Fire Emblem/SRPGs on PC, but it's Japanese only. Don't remember the name or anything, unfortunately.

I really hope it comes to Steam some day. Such a thing can only be amazing.
That and the lead in to it. I'm in Skellige now and it's picking up nicely.

Does Ciri have her own game yet?
Ciri will be back soon

...for Gwent. (as a card)

Tizoc

417EssrKASL._SY346_.jpg
Reading this has been an eye opening experience. Basically what happened at the end was, SEGA of Japan sabotaged SEGA of America and undone whatever advantage SoA gained with its aggressive marketing campaign, Genesis and Sonic. I wonder if its corporate culture has changed at all.
Watch this too
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZg9AgSWeyA
Keep in mind that no matter what u read about the fall of sega in the 90s all we ver have is the american point of view

What about the japanese side of this? What if there was more to it than what we know?

Vibranium

Banned
Man, it's fun to go around knifing enemies as Barry in Rev 2. He is way cooler than Chris, and he has excellent lines as well. The whole game should have just been about Barry finding Moira, without Claire being involved.

Momentary

Banned
Pulled a super highres (8Kish) still of the Berseria demo ending screen for those interested in a new background. It took me many tries to get a clean shot.

The game also runs at 8K. They understated the port.

Grief.exe

The interesting thing about that is Gabe is self-made to my knowledge, while Trump has the lifetimes of both himself, and more importantly, the vast wealth and holdings he received from his father.

Interestingly enough, if Trump had invested the money he received from his father in the stock market years ago he would actually be worth around 10 billion.

Pulled a super highres (8Kish) still of the Berseria demo ending screen for those interested in a new background. It took me many tries to get a clean shot.

That looks like art and not actually rendered, so it ends up getting stretched to 8K.

Momentary

Banned
The interesting thing about that is Gabe is self-made to my knowledge, while Trump has the lifetimes of both himself, and more importantly, the vast wealth and holdings he received from his father.

Interestingly enough, if Trump had invested the money he received from his father in the stock market years ago he would actually be worth around 10 billion.

That looks like art and not actually rendered, so it ends up getting stretched to 8K.

Yeah, but people can down size it to 4K or 1440p and have a crisp presentation instead of stretching it to 4K and 1440p and having horrible artifacts and hazy picture.

Platy

Late birthday, Kurt

Switch Only
Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! - First party title, but developed by independent devs who originally worked on it on PC. But likely Switch only

100% first party.
It is like saying Portal is "likely owned by Valve" since it is the same stuff with Narbacular Drop and Tag

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
100% first party.
It is like saying Portal is "likely owned by Valve" since it is the same stuff with Narbacular Drop and Tag

I'm not sure that analogy makes any sense given that Valve hired the developers to come work at their office as part of their team on a variety of projects and Nintendo has no team within 5000 miles of these developers so that's clearly not what happened here. This is a publishing deal.

Watch this too
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZg9AgSWeyA
Keep in mind that no matter what u read about the fall of sega in the 90s all we ver have is the american point of view

What about the japanese side of this? What if there was more to it than what we know?
Well, unless the interviewees lied, refusing to work with other companies (SEGA PlayStation could have been a thing, imagine that!), sticking to its inferior hardware, and insisting on a premature launch have all been decisions made by SoJ while sidelining SoA.

Knurek

Shin Megami Tensei: Brand New Title - Unclear if this is a first party title or not, unclear if it is coming to other platforms or not

Actually, the official site just states it's a HD project, so most probably PS4 (maybe PC, since it's Unreal 4?) as well.
By comparison, the other game announced clearly states 3DS.

Tizoc

Well, unless the interviewees lied, refusing to work with other companies (SEGA PlayStation could have been a thing, imagine that!), sticking to its inferior hardware, and insisting on a premature launch have all been decisions made by SoJ while sidelining SoA.
sony approached nintendo too for a cd nintendo console at the time but they were turned down

Vuze

I'm dumping my Wii U to dump my games to PC. I hope I can rip my Wii downloads too from the U. Gonna add these to Steam and play Bayonetta ;)
Been there done that :D

Gonna replay Captain Toad in 4K when the public 1.7 version of Cemu is released on monday :)
Too bad I can't seem to pull my YWW save from the WiiU... :/

I wonder though, can you mod the BPM entries to show full gamepad support? The warning is kinda annoying.

Been there done that :D

Gonna replay Captain Toad in 4K when the public 1.7 version of Cemu is released on monday :)
Too bad I can't seem to pull my YWW save from the WiiU... :/

I wonder though, can you mod the BPM entries to show full gamepad support? The warning is kinda annoying.

Yissssssss

I want to pair it with my Steam Link :D

Oh and a shame I can't play Pikmin 3 cus I don't think an update file was ripped (the one adding Pro Controller?) and the first mission is busted. But, still! Dumping Bayonetta 2.

i often forget smt is a mega series of sorts xp

Well, it's by far my favorite franchise.

As for goty, these are actually all the 2016 releases I played on PC, it was just a matter of putting them in order, though I'm not really sure about the order either since I still haven't finished DD and XCOM2.

(5 Points) - Doom
(4 Points) - XCOM 2
(3 Points) - Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
(2 Points) - Resident Evil 0
(1 Point) - Rise of the Tomb Raider

DLC:
(3 Points) - The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine

Blood and Wine is actually my overall goty, shame it's not eligible.

Dinjoralo

Disgaea 5's announcement on Switch has me wanting to play through Disgaea PC... I just can't get very far without losing interest. :/

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Kurt Russell, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kurt Russell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Killing Floor -- MB-85120DE358386ED7 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 1 entrants total.
Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition -- MB-980033250573AA48 - Taken by yoshizzle. 46 entrants total.

t1484432612z1.png

ModBot 2

Not a Mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Kurt Russell, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kurt Russell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Killing Floor was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1484432613z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jotun was fantastic, that last boss tho, damn.

Also, to all the Icelandic Gaf out there, your language sounds great.

ade3b44cf9db2b665845a4dcf76000fb.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

123 Slaughter Me Street -- MB-FA39F9484B07FB32 - Taken by Vuze
9 Clues 2 The Ward -- MB-E55B89EE4D0D7A90 - Taken by Anteater
9 Clues The Secret of Serpent Creek -- MB-96AE278C2786666C - Taken by dave is ok
Abyss The Wraiths of Eden -- MB-A73A48EE7A837ACA - Taken by voodooray
Citalis -- MB-A23555D90C1209C0 - Taken by Catshade
Dark Arcana The Carnival -- MB-FC5FAB866998C4C4 - Taken by NingenJanai
Time Mysteries 2 The Ancient Spectres -- MB-2C33823744097F58 - Taken by anastef
Time Mysteries 3 The Final Enigma -- MB-163D565767124B95 - Taken by Hakkelus
Time Mysteries Inheritance Remastered -- MB-D28ECE61CE4A792E - Taken by fifasnipe2224

Why can't we just get Fire Emblem games on Steam? Damn your nintendo!!!

1. Wait for Fire Emblem mobile release
2. Install android emulator for PC
3. Create a shortcut on Steam
4. ???
5. Profit!

This is amazing. I'm using it for this month's wallpaper. Thanks!

Answer and Baiken both look awesome from that trailer. I skipped the steam release of Rev because of the high price and late release so I'm curious how they'll handle Rev2

gabbo

You can certainly do an Impressions vote. Nobody here expects everyone to access games like a paid games journalist, where they play dozens of current games each year. Consider what you liked watching, if that applies to you. Or things you're interested enough to buy later on sale. Both are why I threw a point to Xenus 2. White gold.

Xenu2, The crazy jank vote will rule the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom