• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

I have too many games to filter, so I won't bother.

Among games which I own, I have only screened through the games released between 2014 and 2016 (696 games, holly molly, what have I done...) and with an overwhelmingly positive rating (101 games). The overlap is not that big (41 games).

Out of these, the ones that I have selected have the right prices for a BTA inclusion, and turn out to have been part of a humble monthly bundle a few months ago, which make them even more likely.

If you want to have a look and make up your mind yourself from there, here is the list of 41 games. Of course, the additions could be games which I don't already own, but I don't have the tools to filter the whole Steam store.

• BattleBlock Theater
  • Besiege
  • Broforce
  • Crawl
  • Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
  • Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
  • Day of the Tentacle Remastered
  • Don't Starve Together
  • Fran Bow
  • Google Earth VR
  • Hexcells
  • Hexcells Infinite
  • HuniePop
  • INSIDE
  • Infinifactory
  • Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
  • Kingdom Rush
  • LYNE
  • Lethal League
  • Life Is Strange™
  • Mini Metro
  • Nuclear Throne
  • One Finger Death Punch
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
  • PRICE
  • Pony Island
  • SHENZHEN I/O
  • SOMA
  • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
  • South Park™: The Stick of Truth™
  • Stardew Valley
  • TIS-100
  • Tales from the Borderlands
  • The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
  • The Room
  • The Room Two
  • The Talos Principle
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • This War of Mine
  • Valiant Hearts: The Great War™ / Soldats Inconnus : Mémoires de la Grande Guerre™

Jawmuncher

Resident Evil 7 is the first true™ resident evil game since three, as opposed to all the fake™ casual™ action™ resident evils that came after.

I'm gonna punch you outta here
picgifs-resident-evil-5-122674.gif

AHA-Lambda

If it makes you feel better I go to college on my birthday. January birthdays always getting shit on <3

Happy birthday!

I was about to vote that.

That always happens.

HBD, fill that hole by pre-ordering a switch

Dude my birthday is on Christmas Eve--growing up I had only one gift per relative ("Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas!") and as I got older I saw less and less of my friends on Christmas Eve as their family obligations always overruled my invites.

So, I can relate. Happy birthday!

Yep had two test and a presentation on my birthday three days ago. Through my birthday dinner all I thought about was did I solve question 5 and 8 correctly :/

Happy B-Day Kurt Russell and AHA-Lambda

Happy Bday Lambda

Happy birthday fellow januarian.

Happy birthday.

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday! I hope there is a bright side for you.

Happy birthday!!

Now you know where your real friends are! Happy B-Day !

I hope you'll still have a great birthday and the opportunity to stuff yourself with delicious cake!
cakepinkplz.gif

---

I started the Choose-Your-Own-Adventure game To Be or Not To Be today. The writing is very juvenile, but all in all it is entertaining enough that I can see myself trying out many different routes to see what'll happen. Having a
deadly chessmatch
against the queen was a nice idea. The humour and writing isn't my cup of tea at all though. Have people here played through it?

Happy birthday Lambda!

Words to live by any day, every day. Not just on birthdays.
Also happy birthday.

Thank you all very much guys :)
Strangely means quite a lot :(

I didn't buy any games tonight like I thought, just got a bottle of rum instead, so I'll be getting pished tonight on my own. Already half way there =/

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Checking the world top collector leaderboards on SteamDB, it looks like we have some movers and shakers among our midst;

VALIS666 is down to 8th, JaseC is down to 17th, but the big news is that Shade is rapidly moving up and is currently 18th!!! Lurker 7extonly seems to have relinquished his #1 spot in favour of "Kongzoola". xelios, former steam collector and former GAF poster (but always welcome back!), is #270. I also recognize suikoder at #451. FiveElementNinja at #465. r3naud at #963.

Jawmuncher

Checking the world top collector leaderboards on SteamDB, it looks like we have some movers and shakers among our midst;

VALIS666 is down to 8th, JaseC is down to 17th, but the big news is that Shade is rapidly moving up and is currently 18th!!! Lurker 7extonly seems to have relinquished his #1 spot in favour of "Kongzoola".

No one will knock me off first place

zkylon

zkylewd
Thank you all very much guys :)
Strangely means quite a lot :(

I didn't buy any games tonight like I thought, just got a bottle of rum instead, so I'll be getting pished tonight on my own. Already half way there =/

oh i had missed this

happy bday lambda person

rum is great

Anno

Rocking the House in Fata Morgana soundtrack for my background Dota music this evening. It's really good. I'm surprised at house much is vocalized, and a lot of it in French?

MUnited83

For you.

VALIS666 is down to 8th, JaseC is down to 17th, but the big news is that Shade is rapidly moving up and is currently 18th!!! Lurker 7extonly seems to have relinquished his #1 spot in favour of "Kongzoola". xelios, former steam collector and former GAF poster (but always welcome back!), is #270. I also recognize suikoder at #451. FiveElementNinja at #465. r3naud at #963.

*stares at Stump for not noticing me*

Would this delete save files?

EDIT: I don't understand how this works, it only picks up stuff I have installed, nothing old?
It will not delete saves and gamefiles. It will remove obsolete installer files like the directx installers that are not removed after installing a game

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Rocking the House in Fata Morgana soundtrack for my background Dota music this evening. It's really good. I'm surprised at house much is vocalized, and a lot of it in French?

It's almost all in Portuguese, with a little bit of French and Latin in a couple songs.

Anno

It's almost all in Portuguese, with a little bit of French and Latin in a couple songs.

Yeah I think I somehow started with two French songs or something lol. It's still an interesting OST and very good as everyone here said.

It says that JaseC has spent approximately $28,000 to acquire that Steam library. That's a lot of money!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, what all released this year? Is there an actual list anywhere?

r3n4ud

Actually, I'm #485. I'm cooooooming for you FiveElement :p

Grief.exe

Got my new SSD installed, and moved some games and Overwatch videos over.

Freed up more space to record more clips and install XCOM 2.

LeD1LgB.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So I finished The House in Fata Morgana.

I don't want to say much about it, but it's something really special.

The soundtrack is amazing.

Momentary

Banned
Gg xrd rev 2 update can help get more sales long as the price point is good.

What would really help the game is if the balance updates were free and characters / stages cost money. Because all it's going to do is fracture the community that's already there.

Tizoc

What would really help the game is if the balance updates were free and characters / stages cost money. Because all it's going to do is fracture the community that's already there.
Capcpom did something similar where the update was free but the characters were pAid with ssf4 right?

Capcpom did something similar where the update was free but the characters were pAid with ssf4 right?
No, there was only one balance update that was free for SF4 and that was from Arcade Edition to Arcade Edition 2012. All the system/balance updates that also had new characters required a new revision/DLC purchase. SF5 is the one with pay/grind for characters with system/balance patches being free.

For as ahead of the game as ASW are in most other regards, their archaic business model (and online infrastructure) is what's putting me off from getting Xrd. I might bite now with Rev 2, but I just don't have any tolerance for the old notion of buying games that become rapidly obsolete.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There is only a day and a half left to vote for this year's SteamGAF GOTY!

t1484611200z4.png

I currently have ballots from the following 105 voters:
A Fish Aficionado, Aaron D., AbundantChoice, Admodieus, Adnor, AHA-Lambda, Alex_CWB, Amzin, Anno, Anteater, Arthea, Ascheroth, Atraveller, Axass, Baron von Loathsome, Baron_Calamity, BernardoOne, Bonfires Down, CecilRousso, ctw0e, cyba89, def ault, dex3108, diabolusinmusica, Dongs Macabre, dot, Dr Dogg, Dragon1893, Echoplx, electroflame, fantomena, FLD, Flips360, Funyarinpa, Grief.exe, hannes, hardcastlemccormick, Hektor, InquisitorAles, Iron Badger, JarrodL, Jawmuncher, jshackles, Khronico, KingKong, Knurek, Kurt Russell, Lain, Large Professor, laserlaser, Last Baron, Leafhopper, Locust, Miletius, Monooboe, More_Badass, Nabs, NeoRaider, Nete, Nzyme32, Orgen, Ozium, PandaPedinte, pantsattack, Parsnip, PaulSane, Phinor, QFNS, Rayge, Rhaknar, rickyson1, Roboleon, Sarcasm, SatelliteOfLove, ScreamingTrees, septicore, SilentMatthew, Sinatar, spinalscratch, spindoctor, Spirited, sprinkles, Stallion Free, Stumpokapow, Teggy, texhnolyze, The Dear Leader, the_firewithin, The_Super_Inframan, TheLetdown, thesaucetastic, ThirtyFour, Tizoc, tuxfool, Ucchedav&#257;da, Uraizen, Vazra, vermadas, Wo33er, Wok, xezuru, Yakkue, yuraya, Zero-Crescent, zkylon

If your name is listed here, it means your ballot has been counted. Everyone else, get over the OP for official rules and entry instructions.

As the voting is drawing to a close soon, I figured I would go over some of the specifics. The awards ceremony will be done in this thread sometime around March at 7:00pm Monday Pacific time (three hours after the voting closes). I've been tallying the votes as they come in so it should be easy to have final results fairly quickly. I'm pre-building some graphics for the games I know that will more or less be in the top 10 so it should only take a few hours to put the finishing touches on everything at that time.

For those of you that haven't ever been a part of this process, I'll start with the #10 and work up to the #1 game (Ryan Seacrest / Casey Kasem top 40 style) with about 5-10 minutes between reveals to give the thread time to react and discuss. Try to speculate what's coming next or simply talk about your own experience with the revealed game. It's always been a lot of fun, so be sure you don't miss the excitement!

After the top 10 are revealed here, I'll post a thread over on gaming side with our official results showing all the games and their rankings for full discussion. DON'T MISS IT!

Tizoc

There is only a day and a half left to vote for this year's SteamGAF GOTY!

t1484611200z4.png

I currently have ballots from the following 105 voters:

If your name is listed here, it means your ballot has been counted. Everyone else, get over the OP for official rules and entry instructions.

As the voting is drawing to a close soon, I figured I would go over some of the specifics. The awards ceremony will be done in this thread sometime around March at 7:00pm Monday Pacific time (three hours after the voting closes). I've been tallying the votes as they come in so it should be easy to have final results fairly quickly. I'm pre-building some graphics for the games I know that will more or less be in the top 10 so it should only take a few hours to put the finishing touches on everything at that time.

For those of you that haven't ever been a part of this process, I'll start with the #10 and work up to the #1 game (Ryan Seacrest / Casey Kasem top 40 style) with about 5-10 minutes between reveals to give the thread time to react and discuss. Try to speculate what's coming next or simply talk about your own experience with the revealed game. It's always been a lot of fun, so be sure you don't miss the excitement!

After the top 10 are revealed here, I'll post a thread over on gaming side with our official results showing all the games and their rankings for full discussion. DON'T MISS IT!
It is ok to send a revised/updated ver right?

bobawesome

Salt and Sanctuary is the fastest I've ever refunded a game. I thought I knew what to expect going in but it's somehow even uglier than I thought it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom