• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
After playing an hour of Ys Origin, I already love it.

You will change your opinion about Old Blood after that final boss fight.

yeah I hear its a shit fight. Im ready for it to be shit.

Also, what the actual fuck at that new RE7 info / video. HUGE SPOILERS in that video / thread espcially at the very end, be warned.

Nzyme32

is Machine Games working on anything that we know? Because they should, Im super into Old Blood, shitty engine aside (I ended up just setting the game to High after fiddling with all the fucking options and still getting shitty performances, and its ran great since)

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus

Bethesda-Wolfenstein-Tease-E3-2016.jpg

Not confirmed, but it's probably happening.

Actually I think it has been confirmed. One of the actors for a main character from the previous game tweeted about it, and probably wasn't meant to

DEADBOLT's hard mode should be called impossible mode. I can't even clear the first mission. In every stealth game enemies are supposed to have an extremely short memory and after you've been spotted they will return to their normal patrol after a while. Apparently that's not the case in this game, so you can easily back yourself into a corner without any way of getting out.

fenners

Idle Master stopped working for me. It says it can't read my badge page. Is that the case for anybody else?

Edit: Downloading it again and reinstalling seems to have fixed it

Same thing happened to me before the Winter Sale, same thing solved it.

Coreda

DEADBOLT's hard mode should be called impossible mode. I can't even clear the first mission. In every stealth game enemies are supposed to have an extremely short memory and after you've been spotted they will return to their normal patrol after a while. Apparently that's not the case in this game, so you can easily back yourself into a corner without any way of getting out.

The Death & Famine achievements for beating the game in less than an hour and without dying is madness. Yet apparently some have managed it.

At least achievements grant additional souls for grabbing some of the other weapons. Took me some searching to discover this.

Actually I think it has been confirmed. One of the actors for a main character from the previous game tweeted about it, and probably wasn't meant to

Yup voice actor of anya said shes doing work for next wolfie and said its due out this year
I'm working on a video game, first part of which I have already made. Now we're making a second one, which will take two more years.

"I played this game as a child. I was very happy when I got to the point where I could shoot Hitler."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ly-suggests-a-new-wolfenstein-is-in-the-works

This was back in 2015 so probs e3 reveal with fall release probs November

etta

my hard graphic balls
Anyone know if I'd have any issues with refunding Dishonored 2 and then buying a Steam key from CDKeys and using it BEFORE the refund goes through with Steam?
I bought it for $80 to check out how it runs, with plans to get it from CDKeys for $40 if it ran pretty well, which came true. I submitted the refund request, but I don't want them to take my CDKey key once it goes through lols.
Thinking about it know, I couldn't activate a second copy of the game anyway, so I'd have to wait for the refund process to complete, right?

Anyone know if I'd have any issues with refunding Dishonored 2 and then buying a Steam key from CDKeys and using it BEFORE the refund goes through with Steam?
I bought it for $80 to check out how it runs, with plans to get it from CDKeys for $40 if it ran pretty well, which came true.

Before the refund goes through? Then you still have it in your library, so you won't be able to add a new key for it.

Or do you mean after they have removed it from your library, but before you have your money back?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Before the refund goes through? Then you still have it in your library, so you won't be able to add a new key for it.

Or do you mean after they have removed it from your library, but before you have your money back?
Yea I'm a dummy, I couldn't activate the CDKey version even if I wanted to.
QQ, I wanna playyyy. The only other time I used refund, I remember it only taking an hour or so. Is this the average time?

NeoRaider

I bought it for $80 to check out how it runs, with plans to get it from CDKeys for $40 if it ran pretty well, which came true. I submitted the refund request, but I don't want them to take my CDKey key once it goes through lols.

No one can take your game from cdkeys. You just have to wait for Steam to remove the game from your library then activate key from cdkeys. That's it i guess.

Backlogger

Somebody please call for help, i can't stop taking screenshots while playing Far Cry: Primal

Is this first Ubisoft game for a long time that was NOT downgrade compared to pre-release PR demos?

It was the best looking game i played this year

I just formatted my PC and forgot to backup the save file. There's no cloud support :(

This is why I use GameSave Manager to backup all my save files to my Box.com account

Ludens

Banned
Just finished VA-11 Hall-A. Nice ending(s).

I'm playing it right now and I find it very boring. I mean, the game could be good, but until now like 4 out of 5 characters I met are obsessed with sex and nothing else, pretty much. It would be ok if there was ONE character like this, but there are multiple and the only argument seems being sex in the end.

Plus the "gameplay" part is rather weak, the only thing you do is mixing drinks and it's not really hard guessing what a character wants from the description of the drink if he/she doesn't mention it directly.

Plus the game stopped unlocking achievements, like I didn't get the ones to start chapter 2 and 3.

The Death & Famine achievements for beating the game in less than an hour and without dying is madness. Yet apparently some have managed it.

At least achievements grant additional souls for grabbing some of the other weapons. Took me some searching to discover this.

Luckily I'm not much of an achievement hunter. The souls thing is good to know. Also, I discovered that knocking on doors is a must use ability in hard mode, I barely used it on my normal run.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Considering getting a PS4 back to play console exclusive games, and to also play with friends who aren't on PC.

Is a pro essential? Not sure why I'm really asking here, just trust the Steamgaf community more I guess

Should I sell my 3DSXL (near mint condition) on Amazon on GAF B/S/T thread and if I sell on either Amazon or B/S/T what should I sell it for?

(Sorry for non Steam question)

Plesiades

It's kind of bizarre to me how From have taken so many steps to make the PC versions of the Souls games good but they refuse to implement Steam cloud support. Having to manually backup my saves for future DLC etc. feels archaic as fuck.

The Steamworks version of Dark Souls has cloud saves. No idea what happened with Dark Souls II.

Durante

I'm playing it right now and I find it very boring. I mean, the game could be good, but until now like 4 out of 5 characters I met are obsessed with sex and nothing else, pretty much. It would be ok if there was ONE character like this, but there are multiple and the only argument seems being sex in the end.
I can't say that I noticed this. Of the main characters that appear throughout the game only one is obsessed with sex, and well, it's their job. Te others might talk about it at times but certainly not predominantly.
Overall, I'd say the writing isn't amazing (the characters sometimes aren't really acting naturally), but it works for me and I really enjoyed the atmosphere.

Plus the "gameplay" part is rather weak, the only thing you do is mixing drinks and it's not really hard guessing what a character wants from the description of the drink if he/she doesn't mention it directly.
Sure, it's just a way to implement VN choices.
But as far as that goes I thought it was really quite innovative.

Plus the game stopped unlocking achievements, like I didn't get the ones to start chapter 2 and 3.
No problem with that here.

Ludens

Banned
I can't say that I noticed this. Of the main characters that appear throughout the game only one is obsessed with sex, and well, it's their job. Te others might talk about it at times but certainly not predominantly.
Overall, I'd say the writing isn't amazing (the characters sometimes aren't really acting naturally), but it works for me and I really enjoyed the atmosphere.

Well, I counted:

the sex robot, the dude pretending to have one acrtress acting like his daughter, the hacker girl who wants to stay with you during the night, Donovan also puts some sex references here and there really with no context if not to praise the player...maybe not ALL characters are focused on sex, but a good number is.

Tizoc

Should I sell my 3DSXL (near mint condition) on Amazon on GAF B/S/T thread and if I sell on either Amazon or B/S/T what should I sell it for?

(Sorry for non Steam question)

Well if it si near mint I personally would sell for as low as USD 100, mainly because the last time the 3DS was cheapest was during black friday I think.
Keep in mind that for some games, most people would prefer a New 3DS model, but 3DS XL is good still. Mention which region it is BTW since 3DS games are region locked.

Anteater

Somebody please call for help, i can't stop taking screenshots while playing Far Cry: Primal

Is this first Ubisoft game for a long time that was NOT downgrade compared to pre-release PR demos?

yeah that game is pretty as hell, was one of the first games I started after I got a 1060 and it blew my mind running at 60fps

Durante

Well, I counted:

the sex robot, the dude pretending to have one acrtress acting like his daughter, the hacker girl who wants to stay with you during the night, Donovan also puts some sex references here and there really with no context if not to praise the player...maybe not ALL characters are focused on sex, but a good number is.
- Sure, Dorothy. As I said, comes with the territory.
- Ingram talks about sex on the first vist, but isn't focused on it at all at later ones. Also, it turns out that he doesn't actually have sex with Dorothy when he asks her to act as his daughter.
- I can't really recall Alma focusing on sex. Some jokes here and there, sure, but that felt natural enough.
- Donovan is the chief editor of a low-quality news site. I'd say he's actually surprisingly unfocused on the sordid given that.

And then there are also Stella and Sei as well as Deal and Betty as important characters, and they also aren't sex-focused. Neither are your coworkers/boss.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Well, I counted:

Thanks sounds like my kinda game.

Danielsan

Man, what the fuck. Started playing Knock Knock yesterday. Made it to the end (I think), but I did not understand the purpose of the white line that appears on the top of the screen at some point. Turns out it was a timer and I'm now stuck on the worst possible ending, if you want to call it an ending at all, a brief cutscene followed by a game over screen. Only thing I can do is restart the whole thing and try again. Not sure that I want to...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finished Old Blood and loved it. Last boss did nothing to change that.

Grief.exe

Finished Mass Effect. It was good, ME2 is better, but ME3 is mediocre.

Now to turn my eyes unto Mankind Divided.

I need to replay Mass Effect, but as I remember that game had a lot of potential. Instead of refining that potential, Bioware elected to rip out some of the interesting elements and decided to tank the overarching story in the second game.

By the time Mass Effect 3 came out Bioware had been absolutely gutted from a talent perspective.

Are the Bioware founders even in the industry anymore?

Far Cry has been the best in terms of visuals done consistently.
Nah, main reason i dropped Far Cry 4 after 15 hours was very gray and monotone palette. FC4 world was extremely boring and lacks interesting locations besides neverending mountains and forests. With repetitive gameplay it made a very bad combo, that's why i didn't care about Primal until it received major discount.

Nillansan

1. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - 5 Points

header.jpg

I am so happy that Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen made its way to PC. Excellent combat with great feedback, a beautiful open world that beckons you to explore every nook and cranny along with an interesting companion system. This is where most of my gaming time of 2016 was spent. A big thanks to WBacon and the rest of the team for an excellent port job.

2. DOOM - 4 Points

header.jpg

It's one of the biggest surprises of the year, a fast, tight uncompromising monster of a game. The absolute best first person shooter game in years.

3. Dead Rising - 3 Points

header.jpg

I was very eager to try this one, it's revered as the absolute best entry in the series. Being a big fan of Dead Rising 2, my expectations were high and the game delivered in spades. I couldn't let go of it and ended up doing multiple play-throughs. Capcom delivers another excellent port.

4. Quadrilateral Cowboy - 2 Points

header.jpg

The free-form nature of the heists and the absolutely endearing retro cyber punk aestetics makes for one of the most engaging puzzle games I've ever had the pleasure of playing. Manipulating objects using your deck's terminal and command lining your way through each mission is unlike anything I've tried before. Quadrilateral is a short, albeit a neatly paced package well worth the asking price. I would love to see the deck mechanic worked into a non-lethal, stealh focused game that is similar to the Hitman games in terms of scale.

5. INSIDE - 1 Point

header.jpg

As captivating and densely atmospheric as it's predecessor. I ended up playing through this one in one sitting. It's an excellent follow up to Limbo.

dex3108

Witcher 3 makes me lose time I swear. I think I played for like 6 hours today.

I have game since launch and 96 hours in game and i still have to visit Skellige for the first time XD I think that i did all side quests in Novigrad/Velen area (side quests not contracts or treasure hunts).

Well if it si near mint I personally would sell for as low as USD 100, mainly because the last time the 3DS was cheapest was during black friday I think.
Keep in mind that for some games, most people would prefer a New 3DS model, but 3DS XL is good still. Mention which region it is BTW since 3DS games are region locked.

I'm in North America

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Are the Bioware founders even in the industry anymore?

It was noted with some amusement that the two doctors who founded Bioware announced their retirement from the industry five years to the day EA acquired them. Suggestive of contractual obligation.

Is there a way to quickly see what Steam games released in 2016, and more preferably, 2016 games that you own?

I found Steam Gauge to be helpful for sorting my library by year. You also get to see what devs never bothered to update their release dates.

And I found Steam library filters helpful for finding Early Access games.

So far I haven't found any good way to find DLC in general, let alone by year. I might be missing something obvious though.

Mivey

It was noted with some amusement that the two doctors who founded Bioware announced their retirement from the industry five years to the day EA acquired them. Suggestive of contractual obligation.
It was not just them, though. Most of the ME3 leads left BioWare thereafter. Must have hit them quite hard, I don't see EA firing them. Maybe they realized how wrong things had gone and just couldn't accept it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Mordheim: City of the Damned -- MB-65A17F86A6A20FAF - Taken by gabbo. 16 entrants total.
Killing Floor w/ Community Weapons and Chickenator -- MB-C36AACF1EF6B4CD2
Legend of Grimrock II -- MB-1AD848A2B7394939 - Taken by QFNS. 11 entrants total.

t1484510802z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom