• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just started Ass Creed Unity and while I've never studied 18th century French History at a university level or above but I'm pretty sure they didn't have English accents!

can I vote twice?

I want XCom 2 on there again

It's going to get 4 or 5 points from me when I get round to finally choosing, totally open to bribes also.

I still can't decide on my top three. Total Warhammer, Stellaris, and Stardew Valley are all slaughtering eachother up there. I'm going to meditate for twelve hours and then see where I'm at, I suppose.

It's probably been mentioned before, but 2016 was a great year for gaming.
So just started Ass Creed Unity and while I've never studied 18th century French History at a university level or above but I'm pretty sure they didn't have English accents!

It's standard TV-level French. (Or any language, really.)

There's probably a tvtropes name for it but I've never checked.

Amzin

2 games done for the year already, albeit short ones (Pony Island and TIMEframe). It's been a rough few months as far as exhaustion goes, so sometimes even getting up the energy to play games can be not a thing. I've got the itch to dive into a nice, quality RPG but I really really appreciate these nifty short experiences too.

I'll probably get into FFIX at some point since I can use built-in speed hacks and whatever if I get bored with it :p

Edit:

Yea no kidding. I could have a top 10 list all worthy of being up there, easy. It was a rough year, but some seriously good games hit the world too.

Double edit: I should pick a new avatar at some point, purdy as this one is to me.

Triple edit: Games that DIDN'T make my top 5 because competition was so fierce: Stellaris, XCOM 2, Enter the Gungeon, Hue. And Titanfall 2 because it doesn't count, otherwise it would have taken DOOMs place. Really, DOOM is just a proxy for TF2 in my mind

Tizoc

I still can't decide on my top three. Total Warhammer, Stellaris, and Stardew Valley are all slaughtering eachother up there. I'm going to meditate for twelve hours and then see where I'm at, I suppose.

It's standard TV-level French. (Or any language, really.)

There's probably a tvtropes name for it but I've never checked.
The queen's latin
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheQueensLatin

I've been having trouble getting my UPlay copy of Watch Dogs 2 to play properly w my Steam Controller. Was wondering if anyone here has gotten this to work properly.

Apparently it's some sort of bizarre anti-cheating precaution so the game won't naturally support the Steam controller even if you boot from Steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've been having trouble getting my UPlay copy of Watch Dogs 2 to play properly w my Steam Controller. Was wondering if anyone here has gotten this to work properly.

Apparently it's some sort of bizarre anti-cheating precaution so the game won't naturally support the Steam controller even if you boot from Steam.

Enable support for bluetooth adapters, DLL injectors/external hooks (e.g. RTSS) and possibly other stuff that ought to work: Disable the game's anti-cheat system by launching it with the command -eac_launcher. (Credit to PHOENIXZERO.) To do so if launching the game through Uplay, right-click it -> click "View game details -> select "Properties" from the menu -> click "Add launch arguments" -> input -eac_launcher into the field; if you have the Steam version, right-click it -> click "Properties" -> click "Set launch options" -> input -eac_launcher into the field. Alternatively, if you're running either version via a desktop shortcut, you can achieve the same result by righting-click it -> clicking "Properties" and -> adding -eac_launcher to end of the target field, separating the two with a space.

dex3108

You can't use it because anti-cheat is preventing any kind of injection as far as I know. You even can't use Steam overlay.

Tellaerin

I'd vote in the GOTYs, but I'm blanking on anything I played that was actually released last year apart from a few hours of Dragon's Dogma, which would make that my GOTY by default, I guess. ^^;

That's good. That's real good! Thanks!

tvtropes will never let us down.
Edit:

Yea no kidding. I could have a top 10 list all worthy of being up there, easy. It was a rough year, but some seriously good games hit the world too.

Double edit: I should pick a new avatar at some point, purdy as this one is to me.

Triple edit: Games that DIDN'T make my top 5 because competition was so fierce: Stellaris, XCOM 2, Enter the Gungeon, Hue. And Titanfall 2 because it doesn't count, otherwise it would have taken DOOMs place. Really, DOOM is just a proxy for TF2 in my mind
I recommend you drop Doom, then. It will get its due without pity votes--there's a lot to like about it, as I understand.

SteamGAF GotY is so interesting because the winners are harder to predict. Like, last year (for spot 2) Life is Strange beat Rocket League by one vote, IIRC.

Haha. I remember all those Roman epics with upper class British accents.

Also whoever came up with the chest system in Unity, I hope they were fired
out of a cannon.
. The app won't sync and the whole process doesn't make sense so:

200.gif

I appreciate the help, but i tried this and it didn't do anything. Apparently the game would work fine with an Xbox controller though? Anyone know why a Steam controller is considered a cheating device? Too customizable or what? Stinks too because I really like WD2's aesthetics but it just doesn't look like something I'd feel comfortable playing w/ a kb+m.

JaseC

I appreciate the help, but i tried this and it didn't do anything. Apparently the game would work fine with an Xbox controller though? Anyone know why a Steam controller is considered a cheating device? Too customizable or what? Stinks too because I really like WD2's aesthetics but it just doesn't look like something I'd feel comfortable playing w/ a kb+m.

Hmm, it should work. You can try this tool, which the OP of the Reddit thread recommends, seemingly because it doesn't interfere with the anti-cheat system.

dex3108

Because Steam uses injection to support Steam gamepad (and any other gamepad) and DS4 and Xbox gamepads are natively supported by game. But if Steam version of game supports Steam overlay than it should support gamepad too, and I don't know why Ubisoft didn't put Steam on whitelist for anticheat.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Vd1j7n6.png

Crusaders of the Lost Idols -- MB-C69BF54143FB86E2 - Taken by Vuze
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-45994C9566559595 - Taken by Purkake4
Don't know what happened here, I submitted one key for Crusaders of the Lost Idols Starter pack, but Modbot created two giveaways? Dunno what is the right one.

Tizoc

Don't know what happened here, I submitted one key for Crusaders of the Lost Idols Starter pack, but Modbot created two giveaways? Dunno what is the right one.
No offense but where the heck are u getting all these bundle fodder from?

Kudo

GOTY:
(5 Points) - Dark Souls 3
(4 Points) - Xanadu Next
(3 Points) - Dragon's Dogma
(2 Points) - Furi
(1 Point) - Doom

Nothing special to it but other people posted their lists so why not. Dark Souls 3 gets first place as it was special enough that I quit doing everything else while I was playing through it, which is rare for me.

Deques

I beat Rex Rocket yesterday and that make it the 5th game I have beaten this year. Starting good :)
The final boss was too difficult to beat, it took me several tries and two hours to beat her and the ending didn't felt rewarding at all

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wolfenstein Old Blood is another notoriously huge game right? I mean hdd wise. I really need to finish these games clogging up my disk space man.

Ludens

Banned
Started Goethia, for now is very interesting but I feel it's too hard, like to solve some puzzles you need to phisically move some items in a specific location very far from where you retrieve that item and inspect surrounding stuff, so you can proceed further.

Checking the world top collector leaderboards on SteamDB, it looks like we have some movers and shakers among our midst;

VALIS666 is down to 8th, JaseC is down to 17th, but the big news is that Shade is rapidly moving up and is currently 18th!!! Lurker 7extonly seems to have relinquished his #1 spot in favour of "Kongzoola". xelios, former steam collector and former GAF poster (but always welcome back!), is #270. I also recognize suikoder at #451. FiveElementNinja at #465. r3naud at #963.

7extonly's count is a bit short. He's still #1.

Wolfenstein Old Blood is another notoriously huge game right? I mean hdd wise. I really need to finish these games clogging up my disk space man.

Anything using idTech 5 is bloody massive. Stupid megatextures.

Why did they release two worlds 2 on top of skyrim. The game is actually pretty decent and far more better than skyrim. It obviously got swallowed in skyrims hype etc.

Its getting an engine update soon with new dlc too

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I loved Two Worlds 2 because I broke the game with a summoner army card combination, it was hilarious.

In other news, Im really liking Old Blood, but I remember people not being into it after New Order? I thought the prison stealth level was great (apparently people have problems with it?) and this second level with the boats and all the shit to go through to open the main gate was awesome, great level design, mix of action and stelth, just good stuff all around.

edit: also, seeing at it was originally going to be 2 dlcs instead of a standalone game / expansion, it bums me out more that Arkane didnt do the same with Dunwall / Witches, since that is also basically 1 game split in two.

Vuze

Man, Steam should loosen this "Too many attempts" block for key redemption... Had like 5 or 6 dupes aka failed attempts and now I'm already blocked for 45mins...

JaseC

There's a list? I thought shit just went *poof* unless the dev/pub announced ahead of time?

SteamDB's package history section tracks additions as well as removals, but the latter are no longer updated as regularly as they once were, presumably to save on API calls, which leads to situations like this, where it looks as though a bunch of stuff was removed in one go:

Code:
112701 Removed store name – First Assault - Signature Skin Crate #1
about 16 hours ago
1982 Removed store name – Dream Chronicles: The Chosen Child
about 16 hours ago
15168 Removed store name – Cyan Complete Pack
about 16 hours ago
30598 Removed store name – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
about 16 hours ago
30570 Removed store name – F1 2013 Classic Edition
about 16 hours ago
30574 Removed store name – F1 2013 90s Car Pack
about 16 hours ago
30575 Removed store name – F1 2013 Track Pack
about 16 hours ago
30572 Removed store name – F1 2013 ROW
about 16 hours ago
31725 Removed store name – Hot Wheels™ World's Best Driver™
about 16 hours ago
32284 Removed store name – Frozen Hearth
about 16 hours ago
34430 Removed store name – F1 2013 Classic Edition Upgrade
about 16 hours ago
36086 Removed store name – Frozen Hearth Gold
about 16 hours ago
36052 Removed store name – Frozen Hearth Soundtrack and Artbook
about 17 hours ago
41251 Removed store name – Starter Pack 2
about 17 hours ago
41249 Removed store name – Starter Pack 1
about 17 hours ago
41253 Removed store name – Starter Pack 3
about 17 hours ago
47304 Removed store name – 1C Space Collection
about 17 hours ago
65039 Removed store name – I, Mayor: Become the Mayor of Fortune's City
about 17 hours ago
66247 Removed store name – Savage Resurrection
about 17 hours ago
67340 Removed store name – Defiance: Apex Arkhunter Bundle
about 17 hours ago
67338 Removed store name – Defiance: Evolved Arkhunter Bundle
about 17 hours ago
67336 Removed store name – Defiance: Adapted Arkhunter Bundle

C4rter

Idle Master stopped working for me. It says it can't read my badge page. Is that the case for anybody else?

Edit: Downloading it again and reinstalling seems to have fixed it

Echoplx

Is the libary management bugged in BPM for everyone? I can't change the default library with a controller, the drop down menu doesn't appear.

Ludens

Banned
Yo anyone know if I can just go straight into Yakuza 0 without playing the other games seeing as how it's a prequel?

What do you mean? It's a prequel so you don't need to know the character's background...even considering each Yakuza is pretty much stand-alone and only 1+2 are connected (in the way 2 starts right after 1 ends, but that's it).

Ban Puncher

Yo anyone know if I can just go straight into Yakuza 0 without playing the other games seeing as how it's a prequel?

In previous games there is a section at the beginning of the game that catches you up on previous game's plots. But because this is a prequel you can probably just jump in cold.

Finished DEADBOLT (yes, you're supposed to write it in all caps). The last missions were really cool.

With controller support and some more polish on the presentation/visuals, I'd probably have sent another PM to jshackles to have my GOTY list amended again.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

On My Own -- MB-C831F8B65A4CD17D - Taken by Ludens
Pumped BMX Plus -- MB-A9E10468F58ECF88 - Taken by data

Rhaknar

is Machine Games working on anything that we know? Because they should, Im super into Old Blood, shitty engine aside (I ended up just setting the game to High after fiddling with all the fucking options and still getting shitty performances, and its ran great since)

Ladekabel

After playing an hour of Ys Origin, I already love it.

is Machine Games working on anything that we know? Because they should, Im super into Old Blood, shitty engine aside (I ended up just setting the game to High after fiddling with all the fucking options and still getting shitty performances, and its ran great since)

You will change your opinion about Old Blood after that final boss fight.

Plesiades

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus

Bethesda-Wolfenstein-Tease-E3-2016.jpg

Not confirmed, but it's probably happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom