• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
FF13 has a good battle system but that's it. The team behind it had no idea how to incorporate any other elements into the game itself.

Note that Syn will ALWAYS rush Haste and would generally only cast 1 buff at a time; so they'll cast Haste only the first turn, then in the second cast maybe Shell OR Protect, noth both together even though they have enough ATB slots to cast both back to back. I could be misremembering though about the latter, but I am certain they would rush Haste only should they have learned it.

Nah they're both cool to me, I enjoy the games they make. They're managerial decisions will always be baffling til the end of time but at their best they make some of the best games you could play.
Y0 is an Action RRG set in late 80s Japan, where punching people in the face, slamming a motorbike on their chest or slamming their face to the wall has money flying out of them.

RE7 is a horror game.

Take your pick :3

Yup. GTX 970M with G-Sync enabled.

How is the fighting system in Yakuza? Is it actually pretty deep because from trailers it looks batshit crazy in a good way. Maybe I'll get both if I can find a good price on a RE7 key.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hey, I asked this is a little while ago and no one responded. Has anyone heard from HoosTrax since she (I think she, right?) ceased being active on GAF/Steam? I did manage to track down the other user I was asking about. Thanks.

Just did some search. Twitter last post by HoosTrax is May 2016 and that matches the steam profile activity. I did however see activity recently on reddit but no confirmation if its the same person.

Anteater

How is the fighting system in Yakuza? Is it actually pretty deep because from trailers it looks batshit crazy in a good way. Maybe I'll get both if I can find a good price on a RE7 key.

haven't played a yakuza game since 3, it's not very deep, but it's a fun beat'em'up, it kind of gets old if you play them back to back because they aren't very different, but they're more like jrpg with a japanese drama story so they are enjoyable

It's a lot of fun, especially after you unlock a good amount of moves.
It's very accessible while also having some depth, all the crazy shit you see in trailers is easy to pull off.
These games are seriously awesome.

Wok

Just did some search. Twitter last post by HoosTrax is May 2016 and that matches the steam profile activity. I did however see activity recently on reddit but no confirmation if its the same person.

It could be the same person behind the Steam profile and the reddit account.

This is the Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/HoosTrax/ The avatar used to be a cute seal, at least on GAF.

grsVNMF.png

Most played games? The second one is Path of Exile.

PHxdDRK.png

This is the reddit account: https://www.reddit.com/user/hoostrax

Recent posts? About cute animals (awww), MMO (Guild Wars 2), and a reference Deus Ex, and maybe to a love story between two people with bionic implants.

It looks like the two profiles have similar interests, on top of sharing the same user name.

Edit: Checkmate. She was spot on when she posted the following message on GAF in 2012.

KuVVJzv.png

Knurek

B3523971A63627982B5820C2792BD5EE87B660BC

So, I received one of these puppies on 03.11.2016.
Just now, the battery life LED turned on, meaning I only have ~15 hours of charge left.
Honestly, switching to this + Steam Controller after having to charge DS4 each two days is blowing my mind.

Also, the fact that Switch Pro controller has half of WiiU Pro con battery life, while costing €20 more and not fixing the only major issue with WiiU Por pad (digital triggers) is all sorts of disappointing. :\

Grief.exe

I am still amazed with R6 Siege growth

C2O9PZ9XAAEoN2a.jpg

Those are just Steam numbers, i can't imagine how big numbers are with combined platforms (Steam + UPlay).

Really impressive that they are outperforming their first free weekend at this point on Steam alone. Is it dead on console?

You're in US right? If so, you can buy the Switch for almost 300 dollars cheaper than me.

However, good luck with the launch lineup. It looks good with Zelda and

That's better than any console launch in recent memory. You may have to go back to the original Xbox. I think the PS2's lineup was pretty ok if I remember correctly.

Portable consoles represent extra utility for my personal use since my wife controls the TV and I can sit next to her and play linux games or portable consoles.

Kudo

Just now, the battery life LED turned on, meaning I only have ~15 hours of charge left.
Honestly, switching to this + Steam Controller after having to charge DS4 each two days is blowing my mind.

Also, the fact that Switch Pro controller has half of WiiU Pro con battery life, while costing €20 more and not fixing the only major issue with WiiU Por pad (digital triggers) is all sorts of disappointing. :\

I got this for 19€ and never had to think about battery life again, just place it there when not in use.

Knurek

Portable consoles represent extra utility for my personal use since my wife controls the TV and I can sit next to her and play linux games or portable consoles.

I wouldn't call Switch portable.
Not with that battery life.
(Unless you're okay with hauling a battery bank with you at all time)

illusionary

GOTY:
(5 Points) - Dishonored 2
(4 Points) - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
(3 Points) - XCOM 2
(2 Points) - DOOM
(1 Point) - The Witness

Immersive sims are a genre that I love, and my top two votes reflect that both are superb examples of the genre. Dishonored 2 just beats out Deus Ex because, despite Deus Ex's setting being one that I find the more appealing, Dishonored 2 has such an imaginative and diverse range of powers and some of the best level-design that I've seen in a long while.

DLC:
(3 Points) - The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine

It'd be my GOTY if eligbile, but as it can't win there I'll have to be satisfied with including it here.

dex3108

Really impressive that they are outperforming their first free weekend at this point on Steam alone. Is it dead on console?

I don;t have number but one dev i talked with on Twitter said that Steam growth is representative of Sieges growth in general. If i need to take a guess PC has best numbers but i don't think that game is dead on consoles.

Grief.exe

I don;t have number but one dev i talked with on Twitter said that Steam growth is representative of Sieges growth in general. If i need to take a guess PC has best numbers but i don't think that game is dead on consoles.

That's interesting that it's actually matching the long term growth on console. I didn't think that would be possible for a game like that.

I wouldn't call Switch portable.
Not with that battery life.
(Unless you're okay with hauling a battery bank with you at all time)

That's an absurd assertion. The Switch has the largest portable battery of all time, essentially matches the 3DS battery life, and I can fly anywhere in the continental United States before running that battery life out. I can't think of a single use case for me personally that would run that battery down.

I do have a massive battery pack with me at all times for my laptop and phone anyways so it's irrelevant.

MUnited83

For you.

That's better than any console launch in recent memory. You may have to go back to the original Xbox. I think the PS2's lineup was pretty ok if I remember correctly.

Did you get a GPD Win yet? Ya should.

fantomena

3DS has 3 hours of battery life too and no one complains.

I complain, but Im no one.

But saying no one complains is not a valid argument since Ive seen many complain on the Internet. Saying no one complains is also rather bad since you don't say where you've not seen anyone complain. Gaf? Real life? Social media? Facebook?

I uninstalled System Shock 1 enhanced because I got the cyberspace thing and could not handle it. It was very disorienting to me. :(

I guess I'm a dirty casual gamer :(

Accoun

?

Emulation or am I missing something here?

It's also releasing on WiiU, so yeah. Emulation. Quite a few games already work pretty damn well on CEMU and most of them have hardly any performance difference between 720p and 4k. Although Wind Waker HD was actually one of the few that had, so we'll see.

Rizific

i have $6.59 in my steam wallet. looking for a game recommendation from you guys. im into pretty much anything, except for city building/sim type games. looking for maybe an RTS or turn based strategy game. what are your recommendations?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
on the whole "what games will be added to humble next week" thing, it wouldnt surprise me if Mighty No.9 would be, its popping up 75% off all over the place all of a sudden lately.

Jawmuncher

on the whole "what games will be added to humble next week" thing, it wouldnt surprise me if Mighty No.9 would be, its popping up 75% off all over the place all of a sudden lately.

Remember when everyone thought that game was gonna be good?
I knew better.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's the Overwhelmingly Positive bundle.

No chance.

oh THAT'S what the name means? I just made the connection >_>

that explains all the weird math Wok was going before then. I was wondering what the fuck he was going on about. Well that sucks since I most likely will own them in that case.

d00d3n

Steam GOTY 2016:
(5 Points) - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
(4 Points) - Dishonored 2
(3 Points) - Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
(2 Points) - Dark Souls III
(1 Point) - The Witness

I wrote detailed comments about most entries in my list for the ordinary neogaf GOTY poll (which is just about Steam compatible), so omitting comments here. The only notable difference here is that Mirror's Edge Catalyst is omitted due to being on Origin, which pushes up The Witness to the list.

There are lots of games that I didn't have time to play but here it is:

GOTY 2016:
(5 Points) - The Silver Case
(4 Points) - Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen
(3 Points) - Downfall
(2 Points) - Stardew Valley
(1 Point) - 1979 Revolution: Black Friday
A masterful remake of a great game that is now finally available in English. The plot can be absolutely labyrinthine to some, but seeing the mysteries in the game unfold is incredibly satisfying, with the signature SUDA51's eccentric dialog enhancing the experience. A must play for anyone that is interested in Grasshopper Manufacture's games, especially those that compose the "KILL THE PAST" saga (Sun, Flower and Rain, Killer7 and No More Heroes)

Rhaknar

here's another FFXIII question, I never really understood it, much less after not playing it for 9 months, can one finish the game without delving into the weapoon upgrade bullshit? Like im not interested in doing any sort of ultra hard side boss or anything, just finishing the game. I cant remember for the lfie of me if I did any of tht shit on ps3, and I did a bit on PC at the start but I probably already fucked up and upgraded the wrong weapons or something. Can I ignore that crap?

d00d3n

here's another FFXIII question, I never really understood it, much less after not playing it for 9 months, can one finish the game without delving into the weapoon upgrade bullshit? Like im not interested in doing any sort of ultra hard side boss or anything, just finishing the game. I cant remember for the lfie of me if I did any of tht shit on ps3, and I did a bit on PC at the start but I probably already fucked up and upgraded the wrong weapons or something. Can I ignore that crap?

My memory of the game is not the clearest, but I don't think I bothered with weapon upgrades until the open world section. The game was fully playable up until that point at the very least. I really doubt that weapon upgrades would be necessary for main quest progress in the last couple of areas.

Parsnip

Digital triggers are 100% confirmed? I heard some mixed things earlier.

neoemonk

I went back and got the platinum in FF XIII last year. You don't need to dive into it too much if you're not going for all the extra stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom