• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Turnover -- MB-B2B176F7A9BE31EC - Taken by madjoki. 22 entrants total.

t1484753781z1.png

Tizoc

Wait was Styx 1 in any of the monthly bundles? Because I could see it appear in a bundle soon due to the sequel releasing in March.

Wait was Styx 1 in any of the monthly bundles? Because I could see it appear in a bundle soon due to the sequel releasing in March.

According to IsThereAnyDeal, it was in the November Humble Monthly. (So I must own it then. lol)

Teaser trailer for Beautiful Desolation, next game from devs of STASIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX3im12d3k8
The scale and scope looks much bigger here

This looks amazing. I'll probably Kickstart it if the price is right. I avoided STASIS due to "too scary" but I liked the concept a lot.

fantomena

My votes for those who cares:

(5 Points) - DOOM
(4 Points) - INSIDE
(3 Points) - Dark Souls 3
(2 Points) - Dishonored 2
(1 Point) - ABZU

Lomax

The steam link doesnt work wireless (losing 40 % of data), plus the wireless mouse usb signal seems to break the connection completely. Will have to buy a lan switch. Talking about 5-7 meters in house. Maybe im doing it wrong and someone has another solution, but if this is normal status of this thing, i cant see the achievement at all.

Another question on Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen, great game btw, but how do you set skill points or anything similar?

My new rx480 is doing fine, played some Star Citizen and yeah, this is getting good. Unfortunately i have no 4k screen, so probably there will be some space for the next step.

I'm sure it varies widely with your set up. Mine is working fine with the link wireless and my main computer wired, but I know a lot of people seem to prefer it the opposite. It's possible there's something interfering in your house.

Arulan

The other 3 are mine.

tumblr_m9m30rMFoW1qkktc4o1_500.gif

Honestly, I'd have tried it if I didn't feel like I wouldn't understand one bit of it.
SpaceChem and Infinifactory both have a layer of abstraction that a dude like me needs to play them. TIS-100 and further is just too much.

I may be biased looking at it from a computer science perspective, but I don't think it's that difficult. The documentation provides you with everything you should know. I can understand it might be off-putting though.

I am curious though if most of the people who bought TIS-100 or SHENZHEN I/O have a some kind of a computer science/engineering background, and what the split is.

No one's figured out what they are yet? Usually Nabs cracks that shit ahead of time.

Either way, looking forward to what they throw at us. Been a rather strong bundle.

Wouldn't surprised if it's VVVVVV or Super Hexagon. Don't get me wrong, Terry Cavanagh games are great but myself and probably the rest of ya already own those anyway.

Buraindo

Didn't think Blood and Wine would win by such a wide margin or DOOM for that matter.
Nice to see Dark Souls III that high up too.
Either way, lots of games in that list I ought to look into at some point.

Also been playing Assassin's Creed III and so far all I've got to say is fuck that lockpicking minigame.

I may be biased looking at it from a computer science perspective, but I don't think it's that difficult. The documentation provides you with everything you should know. I can understand it might be off-putting though.

I am curious though if most of the people who bought TIS-100 or SHENZHEN I/O have a some kind of a computer science/engineering background, and what the split is.

I haven't played more than a few minutes of TIS-100 but I always took it as "the fun parts of assembly programming, before things get too hard." Which is why I'm really looking forward to it, whenever I get there.

Not really any jump scares in STASIS, the horror comes from the atmosphere, visuals, and stories of what happened and what you have to endure. I highly recommend it

That's what I figured, and that sounds a bit too much for me. Sci-fi horror short stories can really fuck me up for a week. If it shows up in a bundle I'll give it a fair shake though.

The season pass didn't, and if it did (which it didn't) it was bs price, gog had the season pass on sale for $15 during the same time as the winter sale.

Yeah. It boggles my mind how progressive CD Projekt are with their fanbase yet not even one discount towards the Expansion Pass on Steam. At least make a "Complete Your Collection" bundle out of it since you already have the GOTY edition available for purchase.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmm theres a bit of a difficulty spike in chapter 10. And by a bit, I mean "what the fuck I'm actually dying all of a sudden"

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah. It boggles my mind how progressive CD Projekt are with their fanbase yet not even one discount towards the Expansion Pass on Steam. At least make a "Complete Your Collection" bundle out of it since you already have the GOTY edition available for purchase.

Especially since they have a way to convert boxed retail copies (that contain a GOG code) to work with either Steam or Origin.

http://thewitcher.com/en/exchange

Strangely, it doesn't work with copies purchased directly on GOG.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Especially since they have a way to convert boxed retail copies (that contain a GOG code) to work with either Steam or Origin.

http://thewitcher.com/en/exchange

Strangely, it doesn't work with copies purchased directly on GOG.

Well, it's just for physical editions of the expansions specifically and you can't buy the expansions on GOG without the base game in your library. At first glance the program seems like a universal play initiative, but I'd say it's more about eliminating "I bought a copy from my local store and it doesn't work with my game" support tickets since, as you say, digital codes can't be exchanged.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm looking forward to seeing every question mentioning HL3 get suspiciously ignored.

As I said in the /r/Steam thread regarding the AMA, fans and journalists have an annoying tendency to ask about Half-Life in a manner that aims to confirm either the existence of Half-Life 3 or the cancellation of Episode Three. The former, while hardly a secret, hasn't actually been announced, and confirming that the latter is dead without a replacement officially being in the pipeline would just lead people to conclude that there'll never be another installment. Gabe may answer something more vague, such as "Does Valve have any intention of continuing Half-Life?", as he could offer some reassurance without also commenting on the status of a specific project. He's done it before, after all.

FLD

Voice acting patch for Read Only Memories is now live.

Aww yeah, been waiting for this. I like that they actually updated the original game instead of just adding a duplicate copy for the rerelease in your library. Always bugs me when devs do the latter, I don't need two copies of the same game. I already have one you can update!

This morning I started Life is Strange, I only played for like 10 min, but the game felt really annoying to me, I don't even feel like continuing playing.

Tizoc

JAWMUNCHER ALERT
JAWMUNCHER ALERT
JAWMUNCHER ALERT
JAWMUNCHER ALERT

Lost Eden
a first-person adventure in a world full of sentient dinosaurs and ancient legends is available now

This morning I started Life is Strange, I only played for like 10 min, but the game felt really annoying to me, I don't even feel like continuing playing.

Keep playing and finish Episode 1.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
There's so many interesting questions to ask Gabe Newell and Half-Life 3 is probably the least interesting.

2016 confirmed it for me: nerds on the internet are the fucking worst.

fantomena

I hope someone asks Gabe when he'll make Steam sales great again.

Valve will build a wall around Steamworks so other shops don't receive Steamn keys so people have no other shops other than steam to get their games on Steam. Foreign shops will lose their jobs, but Steam will keep their jobs stronger than before.

Anti-globalisation and isolationism right there.

Parsnip

Aha, I have been looking for threads like this to interact more with my Gaf PC breathren and sisters. I have apparently missed browsing the Community-part of the forums. Is there a new Steam-thread being made every month?
Welcome to bestgaf.

I bought TIS-100 because I liked both of the earlier games, but found it impossible after a while, I forget which level it was exactly. I did read the manual, multiple times. But when you don't have programmer/engineer/whatever oriented brain, it's just not going to sink in.

bjaelke

speaking of CKII (which is great), am I literally the only person in the world holding out for Victoria 3?

:(
It has become the HL3 of the Paradox community.
I'm also surprised that the enthusiasm for Hearts of Iron IV and Stellaris appeared to fade quickly.

The enthusiasm for HoI IV died down before the game even came out. Pushing it back a year to accommodate for Stellaris was a poor decision.

Stellaris on the other hand will resurface as 2017's best game to be released in 2016.

Well, it's just for physical editions of the expansions specifically and you can't buy the expansions on GOG without the base game in your library. At first glance the program seems like a universal play initiative, but I'd say it's more about eliminating "I bought a copy from my local store and it doesn't work with my game" support tickets since, as you say, digital codes can't be exchanged.

And for people who wanted to buy the expansions physically because they came with Gwent decks.

Benedict

Im thinking we'll see Shenmue 1 & 2 remaster released today as part of the Humble Overwhelmingly Positive Bundle.
Might also be Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom