• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Little Nightmares now pre-orderable on Steam!

ss_328207fbb7a33b95ab6df8bcef7858e670943c17.600x338.jpg
ss_8100f5db18a37496396985b1aeedf308bc2a9f46.600x338.jpg

Also has a new trailer, but I'll link both the last trailer and the new trailer.

Deep Below the Waves Trailer
The Nine Deaths of Six Trailer

Here's the pre-order bonuses on Steam:
d3202982094c1bd71f737a9bc4b6d6174672efb1.jpg

---

1db363a5e67f616414e50df39f7a7507.png

The deed has been done.

LN_Beginning.png

Hektor

I preorderd the Nier Automata CE, the official companion book, the new pillow, the new hoodie (in black!), the mug as well as the new shirt (unfortunately the second one is sold out already)

You know what's missing? THE FREAKIN PC VERSION GODDAMN YOU SQUARE ENIX

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this fucking chapter 10 dungeon will never end

Jawmuncher

I preorderd the Nier Automata CE, the official companion book, the new pillow, the new hoodie (in black!), the mug as well as the new shirt (unfortunately the second one is sold out already)

You know what's missing? THE FREAKIN PC VERSION GODDAMN YOU SQUARE ENIX

You needed a body pillow of 2B?

I was nervous for a bit that Aksys will bring the vanilla version of Tokyo Xanadu. Thank goodness they stepped up to the plate. Will get on PC.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is Tokyo Xanadu like a sequel or tied in any way to Xanadu Next?

Looking at screenshots and things, I'm really confused.

gngf123

Is Tokyo Xanadu like a sequel or tied in any way to Xanadu Next?

Looking at screenshots and things, I'm really confused.

Xanadu is a really old RPG series.

Xanadu Next was originally a kind of sequel/spinoff to the older games.

Tokyo Xanadu is an entirely new spinoff that plays differently.

That's my understanding anyway.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Xanadu is a really old RPG series.

Xanadu Next was originally a kind of sequel/spinoff to the older games.

Tokyo Xanadu is an entirely new spinoff that plays differently.

That's my understanding anyway.

I see. Xanadu Next (and Faxandu, if it's related?) is my only exposure to the series.

I suppose it'd be like if someone had only played Final Fantasy 1 and was wondering if Final Fantasy XV was even related in any way.

Ascheroth

DO YOU XANADU?
https://twitter.com/Aksys_Danny/status/821420038989021184

SHUT UP AND LET ME PRE-ORDER ALREADY!

Excellent. Now fingers crossed that the port is good (but I suppose it's harder to fuck up doing a PS4->PC port than a Vita->PC port thankfully).

The only thing I know about Tokyo Xanadu is that has Xanadu in the name but not really anything to do with Xanadu Next and that it's more 'anime'.
But it's Falcom, so the chance that I'm not going to like it is basically non-existant.

Tizoc

Interesting. TitS is there, and I recognize Legacy of the Wizard for the NES.

But I'm not sure if I'd agree it goes "deeper than Final Fantasy" given the huge number of games and spin-off titles that series has received over the years.
Faxanadu= famicom xanadu ;)
Falcom began many of its series with dragon slayer in the 80s which lead to spin offs that kind of broke off from the original game iirc
Also dragon slayer 4 is titled DraSlaye Family

FLD

Whoa, Xanadu Next is related to Trails? Is it the same universe?

Nah, that pic is just the history of the Dragon Slayer series, from which many other series have spawned. Trails spun off of Legend of Heroes which itself spun off from Dragon Slayer. Trails is its own sub-series with its own separate world.

Anyway, great news about Tokyo Xanadu eX+. Was really hoping we'd get that version for the PC port.

Teggy

Interesting. TitS is there, and I recognize Legacy of the Wizard for the NES.

But I'm not sure if I'd agree it goes "deeper than Final Fantasy" given the huge number of games and spin-off titles that series has received over the years.

Except with the exception of SaGa (which don't really have anything to do with FF besides their being named FF in some regions) pretty much every every FF family game has Final Fantasy in the title. The way that so many of those games are under the Dragon Slayer umbrella but are named something completely different is pretty cool trivia.

Kind of like how Nier is tenuously related to Drakengard.

Teggy

Nah, that pic is just the history of the Dragon Slayer series, from which many other series have spawned. Trails spun off of Legend of Heroes which itself spun off from Dragon Slayer. Trails is its own sub-series with its own separate world.

Interesting. I wonder which IP has the most games set in the same universe. Resident Evil is the first that comes to mind. AC has certainly gotten up there very quickly.

Vlad

Looks like another good bundle to me. What were the additions?

Bit Blaster XL, which I happened to have on my wishlist, so yay for that.

And Refunct, which is a piece of garbage that I bought on SteamGAF's recommendation during the fall sale, beat it in about 15 minutes, and promptly returned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom