• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Shadowrun: HK is a fucking awesome game that is only slightly less awesome than Shadowrun: Dragonfall. Both are amazing, but getting SR:HK for this BTA price? DAYUM SON. Insane deal.

Tizoc

Boo, seems The Monthly bundle 10% discount doesn't apply for those that had subbed and unsubbed from the offer before :/
However though I like this
After your initial payment of $12.00, you won't be charged again until your plan renews on February 23rd, 2017 when you will be charged $12.

Birthday giveaway with some decent older stuff and the newly crowned GOTY. It's free for all so enter for more than one. If I messed up a key or something let me know by PM and I'll sort it out.

Good luck.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-E151634B632A1719 - Taken by Naked Snake. 27 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Doom -- MB-728516C03F0FD890 - Taken by illusionary. 111 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Age Origins -- MB-39580594BD280ADD - Taken by cluto. 13 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
LOST PLANET 3 -- MB-AC1600AC22769B41 - Taken by Sarcasm. 17 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Mass Effect 2 -- MB-04A192C1B74F8A76 - Taken by wetflame. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Resident Evil Revelations -- MB-BBEE5C0A3966E277 - Taken by Shalashaska. 17 entrants total.
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition -- MB-00214B554B2560B6 - Taken by Vazra. 20 entrants total.
Bejeweled 3 -- MB-E68040ACEAF3FA38 - Taken by gaiadyne. 8 entrants total.
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger -- MB-992EF7BEBB6F6F03 - Taken by bbd23. 13 entrants total.
Freedom Planet -- MB-52E4CA1AC4EC4DDC - Taken by Dusk Golem. 7 entrants total.
GRAV -- MB-260E6CC25609EE2C - Taken by Eila. 5 entrants total.
Outlast -- MB-F409E0D71CE01E16 - Taken by Orgen. 7 entrants total.
Resident Evil 5 -- MB-34DF5546A26A1E79 - Taken by Smeagol. 21 entrants total.
Retro City Rampage DX -- MB-5ED7653B2453DDFE - Taken by dot. 4 entrants total.
Saints Row IV -- MB-460C87C4652D2A60 - Taken by laserlaser. 16 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-4627516302212085 - Taken by Mixed2k. 6 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords -- MB-9F0C0AD6B113B7B0 - Taken by Garandorf. 11 entrants total.

t1484766127z1.png

Bit Blaster XL, which I happened to have on my wishlist, so yay for that.

And Refunct, which is a piece of garbage that I bought on SteamGAF's recommendation during the fall sale, beat it in about 15 minutes, and promptly returned it.

Refunct is absolutely not garbage. It's definitely short though, but it's really fun for the tiny bit you do play.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well those added BTA games are underwhelming. At least I dont own either.

Nabs

It's an NES inspired Metroidvania (we need a better name for this) releasing on February 2nd. It's looking good.

Salsa

in on the average for Shadowrun Hong Kong

still want Deadbolt and DOTT remastered on the other bundle but no moneyz. they got cheap fast tho

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh shit I didnt even notice the new humble, shadowrun nice. Might even grab the homeworld tier

edit: oh its evoland 2 not 1, awesome I wanted that bad after finishing the first the other day.

Tizoc

Happy bday spindoctor!

It's an NES inspired Metroidvania (we need a better name for this) releasing on February 2nd. It's looking good.

Metroidvania= Action Adventure*
*with emphasis on exploration and backtracking

the * is optional though

Amzin

I actually think I don't own any of the $1 tier in the new bundle. Double check when I get home but seems like a no brainer if so.

bloke

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Stronghold Crusader 2 -- MB-14F34741D603BCCD - Taken by voodooray

gngf123

The only game I really want from the OP Bundle is N++, have all the others. Was hoping the other BTA games could push me over the edge.

MaxiLive

Birthday giveaway with some decent older stuff and the newly crowned GOTY. It's free for all so enter for more than one. If I messed up a key or something let me know by PM and I'll sort it out.

Good luck.

Happy Birthday!

I'm glad Refunct was added as that was on my wishlist. I was hoping for something better though :p

xist

Bought Shadow Run Hong Kong in the Christmas sale so the only thing I'd like is Evoland 2....good bundle for those who don't bundle?

Does Rust have that clock icon next to it because it's Early Access?

Vlad

Refunct is absolutely not garbage. It's definitely short though, but it's really fun for the tiny bit you do play.

I mean, I guess it'd be fun if you've never played a game before, but there's really not much actual game there. You hop over to a button, more blocks come out of the water with a button on them, you run and jump to that button, more blocks come up, and so on. Fifteen minutes later you're done. There's no challenge, no interesting gameplay, nothing. Sure, it looks kind of nice, but there's really no actual "game" to be had there.

gngf123

Have fun

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (gngf123, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Else Heart.Break() -- MB-67B311E63E2FF3DA - Taken by Costa1774. 6 entrants total.
Rust -- MB-82AD9C3CEC38DA35 - Taken by Naked Snake. 3 entrants total.
Stronghold Crusador 2 -- MB-8F0AB08D11E348C5 - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.

t1484681480z1.png

MadGear

Is there any way to salvage existing files of a game when you forgot to back up the games appmanifest file? Without the manifest file Steam wastes a lot of time "discovering existing files" just to end up downloading everything from scratch anyway since it failed to rebuild the appmanifest. I know that for many games its possible to change the "BytesDownloaded" to match the "BytesToDownload" but for some reason this isn't working with RE HD. Any ideas?

I mean, I guess it'd be fun if you've never played a game before, but there's really not much actual game there. You hop over to a button, more blocks come out of the water with a button on them, you run and jump to that button, more blocks come up, and so on. Fifteen minutes later you're done. There's no challenge, no interesting gameplay, nothing. Sure, it looks kind of nice, but there's really no actual "game" to be had there.

It's very pure first person platforming, but it has you pulling off some fun moves. I didn't hold it against the game that the content was little more than an abstract level in Super Mario Galaxy, because it was good fun. But to say there's not really much actual game there? Calling it garbage? If you want to take it that far...

---

EDIT: Unrelated topic but everybody should check out Victor Vran in that "Best Of" bundle, it's a fun, casual lootfest that has some very good local co-op. My SO and I have been enjoying it greatly.

Rhaknar

oh I didnt notice the difference between BTA and Homeworld was so big, no Homeworld then, Ill wait for the pack with deserts to be 75% off or something

OneUh8

Got the mid tier on the Best of 2016 bundle. Don't really care for Homeworld and I did not own any of the other games. Awesome value.

Refunct is short enough, cheap enough, and on sale frequently enough that it's a really odd addition to the BTA tier. Great game, though.

Best of 2016 bundle has a fantastic $1 tier. Got BTA for Shadowrun, though.

Hm, I still haven't finished Dragonfall and won Returns a few days ago through modbot, not sure if I should jump on Hong Kong right now.

Vuze

Good luck.
Happy birthday!

Debating whether I should get the first tier of the new bundle or BTA. I own like half of it already tho

Rhaknar

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Stronghold Crusader 2 -- MB-F07260656A618AA2 - Taken by Giant Panda. 3 entrants total.
Else Heart.Break() -- MB-EC19F213FA9C8C43 - Taken by longlivegaming. 7 entrants total.
Victor Vran -- MB-08548BA43176FABD - Taken by eyeless. 4 entrants total.

t1484682632z1.png

Victor Vran is cool

sadblob

Hm, I still haven't finished Dragonfall and won Returns a few days ago through modbot, not sure if I should jump on Hong Kong right now.

Returns is good but worse than Dragonfall and Hong Kong (ideally you should play them in order). If you really liked Dragonfall you can try Returns and see what you think, but otherwise skip it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom