• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone liked the minimalist platformer Love (I know I did, great game), it is getting a sequel kuso in October

If you haven't played the first game and you like tough platformers with an emphasis on replay to improve time and lower deaths, you should check it out. (It's also GAFfer made!!!)

The man's right! Unfortunately Valve took MLK day off without notifying Devs, so the demo got delayed, but now the debut demo is available for free. <3

I dug Love, but I have to give it up to ThatsMyTrunks for naming the sequel "shit".

<3

Oh man, I bought the new bundle because I wanted Evoland 2 and the other games looked good as well. I go to redeem them and I find I own them all already. I think I have a problem.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
downloaded Evoland 2 but apparently its a "proper" game and its like 15-20 horus long...damn, thats the type of comitment im not ready to do right now alongside FFXIII lol.

Guess I can do Refunct tho, thats like half an hour right?

Annubis

Yeah. It boggles my mind how progressive CD Projekt are with their fanbase yet not even one discount towards the Expansion Pass on Steam. At least make a "Complete Your Collection" bundle out of it since you already have the GOTY edition available for purchase.

The GOTY on Steam is just a bundle. You can get it and not pay for what you already have.

gngf123

downloaded Evoland 2 but apparently its a "proper" game and its like 15-20 horus long...damn, thats the type of comitment im not ready to do right now alongside FFXIII lol.

Guess I can do Refunct tho, thats like half an hour right?

20-30 minutes is about normal.

Theoretically it can be done in way less.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Giant Panda, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Refunct -- MB-74DF2207DA60B36F - Taken by NeoRaider. 7 entrants total.

t1484684495z1.png
Refunct is a fun short game. Great for those not looking to derail their backlog!

Nzyme32

Is Evoland 1 any good? Does it connect to Evoland 2? I'm surprised there are still so many of these highly rated games I have heard of in passing but never tried or owned

Hektor

Is Evoland 1 any good? Does it connect to Evoland 2? I'm surprised there are still so many of these highly rated games I have heard of in passing but never tried or owned

Is Evoland 1 actually worth playing? I haven't bought it yet and heard the sequel is vastly better.

The first one is more like a proof of concept where as the second one builts a full fledged game around it.

But the first is only two hours long so you still might want to play it

Nzyme32

The first one is more like a proof of concept where as the second one builts a full fledged game around it.

But the first is only two hours long so you still might want to play it

Cool, thanks. I'll pick up Evoland 1 and go through that first at some point before going through the second

Madn

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madn, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bit Blaster XL -- MB-9C117D0FB690C16E - Taken by Accoun
Else Heart.Break() -- MB-13DC64DF0E56DD85 - Taken by Nabs
Evoland 2 -- MB-115A202E5ED5E0FD - Taken by dot

chronomac

Extras:
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bit Blaster XL -- MB-442746FABA09BCAA - Taken by spindoctor. 3 entrants total.
Refunct -- MB-D8A7060C8F7D3F49 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 8 entrants total.

t1484685223z1.png

Drayco21

Hong Kong for $3 is an absolute steal- almost pulled the trigger at $5 during the Winter Sale, but glad I didn't now.

Dupe code for Stronghold Crusader for anyone who's interested:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Drayco21, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

t1cxE6r.gif
Stronghold Crusader 2 -- MB-929FDDA7D8125749 - Taken by anastef. 4 entrants total.

t1484685174z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is Evoland 1 actually worth playing? I haven't bought it yet and heard the sequel is vastly better.

yes, its only about 3 hours long so it doesnt overstay its gimmick

also, Refunct was cute.

Nabs

Humble says I haven't used this yet:

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

TIS-100 -- MB-8B6B4403507C8EBB - Taken by Nyteshade517

Nzyme32

Stronghold Crusaders 2 is apparently pretty shit due to rather crazy AI and balancing issues - but Stronghold and Stronghold Crusaders Remastered are apparently amazing. And they certainly look like great strategy games. Yet more games I have seemingly missed out on that will on the wishlist for later.

jtb

Banned
It has become the HL3 of the Paradox community.

The enthusiasm for HoI IV died down before the game even came out. Pushing it back a year to accommodate for Stellaris was a poor decision.

Stellaris on the other hand will resurface as 2017's best game to be released in 2016.

Nothing but love for Paradox, but their "release broken game, fix with expansions" shtick is getting really tired. It was fine when EU3 was basically completely fixed by In Nomine and HTTT and DW were just icing on the cake. But EU4's expansions have been half-baked, over-priced at best and literally game-breaking at worst.

(I know they're just the publisher, but Cities Skylines has had insultingly bad expansions for a game that, while beautiful and fun, has really simplistic base mechanics.)

For Stellaris, plus: no game-mechanics expansions... yet. Too bad they released terrible content DLC instead in the mean time. Get your shit together Paradox. Keep the patches coming. But other than that. Eh.

AHA-Lambda

Got a 30% off voucher for the UPlay store.

Do I take one step further into the void?

30% off South Park 2 sounds pretty tempting =/

Nzyme32

Also, not sure if anyone has paid much attention to these things:

Valve have acquired the company Impulsonic who do HRTF physics based audio for games and VR. Lately they were used for CSGO and I assume Valve has intentions to use their tech in future games / VR stuff.

What's interesting here though is that this isn't really that typical of Valve, but if you look back a little further, there some other interesting things going on that are a bit different. Valve are set to move to new offices soon, that are over double the size of what Valve currently have - but on top of that, they have taken another building that apparently used to belong to Nintendo, also relatively large. Perhaps Valve are shaking up how they operate.

Whats the best site to check booster pack prices? Trying to figure out a good way/return on gems => booster => market

or is this a waste of time/money now that gems are nerfed?

Jawmuncher

Valve have acquired the company Impulsonic who do HRTF physics based audio for games and VR. Lately they were used for CSGO and I assume Valve has intentions to use their tech in future games / VR stuff.

What's interesting here though is that this isn't really that typical of Valve, but if you look back a little further, there some other interesting things going on that are a bit different. Valve are set to move to new offices soon, that are over double the size of what Valve currently have - but on top of that, they have taken another building that apparently used to belong to Nintendo, also relatively large. Perhaps Valve are shaking up how they operate.

Half Life 3, finally

Endruen

Birthday giveaway with some decent older stuff and the newly crowned GOTY. It's free for all so enter for more than one. If I messed up a key or something let me know by PM and I'll sort it out.

Good luck.

Happy birthday and nice giveaway! I have almost everything there, so I'll only enter for DOOM.

Humble spares.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Endruen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bit Blaster XL -- MB-ABE81E67E2814DA1 - Taken by illusionary. 7 entrants total.
Epic Battle Fantasy 4 -- MB-9AF0012628F62E24 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 2 entrants total.
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse -- MB-6B194A37FE631B79 - Taken by omg_mjd. 25 entrants total.

t1484696631z1.png

The GOTY on Steam is just a bundle. You can get it and not pay for what you already have.

No you don't. I already checked. The only "Complete Your Collection" bundle they have is for the trilogy. If you buy the GOTY edition, you have to pay the full price and you don't get an extra copy of the base game.

Parsnip

There's also the thing about how they have been inviting some devs to work on their own games at Valve's offices. Like Tom Francis and that Onward dev, of the top of my head. It's curious.

Nzyme32

There's also the thing about how they have been inviting some devs to work on their own games at Valve's offices. Like Tom Francis and that Onward dev, of the top of my head. It's curious.

Interesting - completely missed that.

He's let a bit of info out a few weeks ago about what is happening:

The Valve thing
They want my input on something, and I’d obviously welcome theirs on Heat Sig, so I’ve accepted their offer to come and work on it at their offices instead of my bedroom. I’ll still be independent, self-employed and pretty much full time on Heat Sig, but I’m very excited to be around people again – especially these people. I’ll be there for 3 months at most, at which point the siren song of visa waiver laws will call me home.

That probably raises more questions than it answers then.

dex3108

It looks like that Nvidia is giving away The Division or WD2 keys to GeForce Experience users. Again i got nothing but if you use it and you are subscribed to their newsletter check your email :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom