• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an addendum to the above, I think it's Gran Soren where you level up, at an inn by the warp stone.

But again, it's been a while. I could be wrong.
I never quite understood how leveling and pawns interact in Dragon's Dogma. I initially "borrowed" 2 very high level ones from EmergentFocus and Coldsun(?) and cruised through the game. I then learned that that effects the rate that you earn XP so I borrowed 2 more my level from Dsyndrome and someone else and didn't really notice any change.

At that point I got a little bored with the design and aesthetic of the game and put it down.

Is it just when drawing from your bank account/CC or even when using your PP balance? I know a lot of people in the Group Buys group have trouble sending under $1. Apparently the seller can send you a paypal.me link to bypass the $1 minimum.

I think there's no cost for friend's pawns which kind of broke that economy. It's supposed to cost money to take out a pawn, and they're dismissed when they die IIRC. So it would be a bit of an investment for a really good, high-level pawn. On top of the XP stuff.

The true value of a pawn is as a teacher or guide for your pawn & party. Knowledgeable pawns teach your party stuff and can exploit enemy's weaknesses better than a vanilla pawn, and have better tactics and synergies with the party. Plus they can tell you secrets or solutions to quests. So you're supposed to develop a good, useful pawn that others use to maximise the amount of XP and knowledge they accumulate, and switch out the rented pawn when you feel you've learned everything they can, or there's a better match-up for your current challenges. It's a really, amazingly cool system.

Pawns and Shadow of Mordor's Nemesis System are two mechanics that really should be adopted more in games.

Grief.exe

Only reason I can imagine is they don't want to cannibalize 3DS sales. ""New"" game is hitting in March shortly after Switch. People will probably double dip if they announce a Switch port two or three months later.

I didn't realize they already had one announced for 3DS.

tumblr_mx28gjPfEH1sydj82o1_500.gif

this shark always creeped me out as a kid in Tomb Raider 2

Okay, quick summary about games i recently played.

Far Cry Primal still keeps surprising me. I thought that winter environments will be as boring and shallow as FC4, but i was wrong again.
Also, story is great too,
vision when you need to shoot moon with your bow and moon explodes, holy shit!
My progress at 48% now, and still love it, amazing game.

Genesis Rising turned out really disappointing, so promising concept and story, but this game broken not just technically, but gameplay wise. I tired to play through campaign, but i gave up at 3rd mission, it simply doesn't work and fundamentally broken.

Beholder is indie game with great dystopian atmosphere and challenging gameplay, reminds me about "Neighbours from Hell" series. Finished it on easy difficulty, trying to finish it now in standard mode to get different endings and missed achievements. My only complain is about lack of manual saving functionality, sometimes it really annoying to doing same things again and again because of random deaths or missed phone call. Btw this game in steam bundle with This War of Mine and Orwell, if you like those games you should definitely check it out - http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/2236/

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is fucking garbage, shit port from PS2 with moronic QTEs and shallow sword fights. And Disney are so shameless they even advertise it on Steam with video from Xbox 360 version. 2007 was indeed tough time for PC market. Well, at least game has steam cards, and they are very pricey - http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-301980

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Stronghold Crusader 2 -- MB-B0CB4DE8CB83C497
Day of the Tentacle Remastered -- MB-C7A09FA64E69FD07
Epic Battle Fantasy 4 -- MB-046F318E3AB7D9EB
Pony Island -- MB-3DD57BE013F36763
Shadowrun Hong Kong Extended Edition -- MB-781384E0A44F0B1C
Victor Vran -- MB-60B5E8E9E09FA944

t1484830353z1.png

Deques

Is it just when drawing from your bank account/CC or even when using your PP balance? I know a lot of people in the Group Buys group have trouble sending under $1. Apparently the seller can send you a paypal.me link to bypass the $1 minimum.

I have money in my Paypal account. Or is Paypal trying to withdraw money from my bank account, despite that I have money in the balance?

I have money in my Paypal account. Or is Paypal trying to withdraw money from my bank account, despite that I have money in the balance?

Possibly.

Looking into it it may be to avoid some sort fraud going on. People sending small amounts unsolicited and then charging back. Why? No idea. That would be why they allow paypal.me as those are basically people soliciting for a small amount.

Might also to not be worth the processing fees for paypal to process those small amounts as even though they are completely internal with paypal balance there is still probably some fraud reporting and auditing requirements for such small amounts in various locations.

Deques

Possibly.

Looking into it it may be to avoid some sort fraud going on. People sending small amounts unsolicited and then charging back. Why? No idea. That would be why they allow paypal.me as those are basically people soliciting for a small amount.

Might also to not be worth the processing fees for paypal to process those small amounts as even though they are completely internal with paypal balance there is still probably some fraud reporting and auditing requirements for such small amounts in various locations.

That kinda sucks. And awfully great! Paypal wants me to buy lesser games :)

Tizoc

Bomberman for the Switch you mean?
I don't like the GBP 50 price tag but if the US ver. is cheaper I would've gotten that if I would get a Switch.

Nzyme32

any word from Indiegala about illegally removed Castle of Illusion?

No - but from what we know, Sega claim the issue is a purely technical glitch with Genba, a logistics service that helps them do all the key distribution stuff with resellers. They say everyones keys will be reinstated within 24/48hrs. I imagine they will have to work with Valve to make that happen, but should be doable

Accoun

Are there any fans of Gothic series here? Arhn.eu, Polish gaming YT channel has some footage of unreleased expansion/sequel to the first game that was cancelled in favor of what we know today as Gothic 2. Might be exclusive? They have a playable build of it and not sure if there are any other youtubers who have one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3djEYZ7_pBc

derFeef

Are there any fans of Gothic series here? Arhn.eu, Polish gaming YT channel has some footage of unreleased expansion/sequel to the first game that was cancelled in favor of what we know today as Gothic 2. Might be exclusive? They have a playable build of it and not sure if there are any other youtubers who have one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3djEYZ7_pBc

Speaking of Gothic. The "reloaded" mod got a demo. It's basically texture rework and some mesh updates. http://demo.gothic-reloaded-mod.de/

Not to get anyone's hopes up but the final cover for Nioh is out and it has no Playstation branding at all, which could mean in the future it might be going to other systems. Knowing the Playstaion publishing though it might be 1-2 years down the road.
91-Nh0sS--L._AC_SX215_.jpg

Also my yakuza 0 got delivered early from best buy! Haven't played since yakuza 3 so hope I can get back into it. I do wonder if the series will come to PC though....SEGA!!

Grief.exe

Not to get anyone's hopes up but the final cover for Nioh is out and it has no Playstation branding at all, which could mean in the future it might be going to other systems. Knowing the Playstaion publishing though it might be 1-2 years down the road.
91-Nh0sS--L._AC_SX215_.jpg

Also my yakuza 0 got delivered early from best buy! Haven't played since yakuza 3 so hope I can get back into it. I do wonder if the series will come to PC though....SEGA!!

How embarrassing that would be for the usual suspects who flood those threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom