• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been playing Telltale's Batman on Xbox One. This game runs and looks like shit. Some NPC look like they came from a PS2 game, wtf.

Is the PC version any better?

I switched over from the PS4 version to PC due to how poorly it ran. It was a much smoother experience for me on PC, some minor hitches here and there but it was a stuttering mess on console for me. The first episode is free to try out, at least.

Been playing Telltale's Batman on Xbox One. This game runs and looks like shit. Some NPC look like they came from a PS2 game, wtf.

Is the PC version any better?

From what I heard, the PC game doesn't even have any graphical settings other than a single texture quality low/high switch? Not sure if that's still true.

From what I heard, the PC game doesn't even have any graphical settings other than a single texture quality low/high switch? Not sure if that's still true.

Last I checked It was just Anti-Aliasing : Yes/No Fullscreen: Yes/No and Resolution.

The weird thing about the new Telltale engine is it will default to software rending if you have an integrated gpu on your cpu and you have to disable it to work decent.

https://telltale.com/support/article/-pc-i-have-an-nvidia-graphics-card-and-my-game-lags-frequently/

tumblr_oahj1z8EAZ1qz5q5oo1_400.gif

The new spiderman movie better have a suit up scene as good as this.

Vibranium

Banned
I held off pre-ordering RE7 and after seeing the CDkeys region lock I'm happy I didn't go with them. It's $62 Canadian on GMG unfortunately so I think I might wait on it until it is cheaper. And when the extra season pass episodes are out. I still have 5 days to decide.

Grief.exe

It's interesting that Capcom didn't show a new Monster Hunter at the Switch presentation. I wonder if that series will still be exclusive, or if it is going multiplatform.

Was on fire playing as Junkrat, threw my detonator and popped a triple kill. Enemy Mercy resurrected them, and I popped my ult. Killed all 3 that were rezzed and the Mercy. Won match.

Wowie I'm happy I dropped CSGO for Overwatch.

Was on fire playing as Junkrat, threw my detonator and popped a triple kill. Enemy Mercy resurrected them, and I popped my ult. Killed all 3 that were rezzed and the Mercy. Won match.

I'm happy I dropped all Valve games for Overwatch. Feels nice getting blind boxes after playing that you can just open.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Crush Your Enemies is losing me the more mechanics it introduces, the whole point was RTS distilled to the bare minimum (massive armies), which was what the first campaign basically was, but now theres actual resources and food and shit and its getting bothersome.

Go Home Dinosaurs on the other hand, is a cute little TD game.

Pixieking

Banned
So, I may be moving to China in the Summer.

Does Steam work over there? I guess I'll be using a VPN most of the time, due to the Firewall. How would that work with Steam?

Tizoc

It's interesting that Capcom didn't show a new Monster Hunter at the Switch presentation. I wonder if that series will still be exclusive, or if it is going multiplatform.

They likely didn't have anything to show of MonHun Switch moire than anything really.

Sarcasm

Does Steam work over there? I guess I'll be using a VPN most of the time, due to the Firewall. How would that work with Steam?

Steam does work over there and China is one of the cheapest regionally priced places for it. Though you get blocked from some games. This is if you switch to China in steam.

TellTale Batman's PC version is awful. The worst thing is this weird hitch when it's queuing up the next scene. There's also a host of other small, bothersome issues and while it's not unplayable, it is really aggravating.

I seriously don't know how much longer than can cling onto their engine. It is going to just up and implode one of these days. Like, it seemed creaky and old back in The Walking Dead Season One.

I've seen the same thing happen... only Junkrat's team loses still. Overwatch is a game of weird highs and lows.

I've enjoyed it way more than TF2 overall, though. TF2 just isn't fun since it went free-to-play, and post-OW I can't even consider going back.
Crossposting from the Power Rangers Mega Battle thread :

The release trailer does not have the steam logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7VdVL7Tp2w

1SirJvx.png

....did they announce that the pc version was cancelled ?

Is the lady supposed to be Rita Repulsa? What happened to her?!

A bummer, because the TV incarnation was soooo good.

And Lord Zedd is straight out of Disney Infinity with those proportions...

Why does the Steam Countdown site say the Lunar Sale is 8 days? I mean, I'd assume they are doing it again, but that's a bit too close to their winter sale period, or am I crazy?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that hasnt stopped them before. The amount of sales last year was stupid.

Hell we had the fall sale like 2 weeks before the winter sale.

Why does the Steam Countdown site say the Lunar Sale is 8 days? I mean, I'd assume they are doing it again, but that's a bit too close to their winter sale period, or am I crazy?

It was like that last year too.
Chinese new year is mostly always at the end of january, beginning of february.

Steam isnt blocked and has own servers in China. Sometimes the storefront though gets offline for several seconds. What you will need in China though is a VPN and dont use some free one. Astrill or something is necessary if you wanna access the western web.

Trust me. I worked in China for several years and I am here till March again and maybe in summer.

And yeah. If you switch to the chinese regional store, some japanese games are blocked for whatever reason. S-E, K-T and Bandai-Namco block some, allow others. I guess it has to do with the rights, but cant be sure.

Deques

Where do you see it?

edit: Finished Titan Souls making it my seventh finished game this year. The game is really hard even if you only need one hit to kill the bosses (most of them anyway)

rahji

It was like that last year too.
Chinese new year is mostly always at the end of january, beginning of february.

Steam isnt blocked and has own servers in China. Sometimes the storefront though gets offline for several seconds. What you will need in China though is a VPN and dont use some free one. Astrill or something is necessary if you wanna access the western web.

Trust me. I worked in China for several years and I am here till March again and maybe in summer.

And yeah. If you switch to the chinese regional store, some japanese games are blocked for whatever reason. S-E, K-T and Bandai-Namco block some, allow others. I guess it has to do with the rights, but cant be sure.

Can you tell if it is the same in Taiwan? I will spend my summer there.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I know it's unofficial. I never said it was official. I was merely fishing to see if anyone had heard anything.

If there hasn't been an announcement from Valve on the partner side, there's not going to be another sale in a mere eight days. You haven't been booted out due to a policy violation, have you? :p

If there hasn't been an announcement from Valve on the partner side, there's not going to be another sale in a mere eight days. You haven't been booted out due to a policy violation, have you? :p

I wasn't trying to blather too much about what is or is not on the dev side, which is why I was trying to be vague.

I would never violate Valve' policy. I might get.... upset.... at times, but I'd never purposefully break NDA.

Bought Copy Kitty over the Winter Seal. Holy crap is Savant fun! I love it when games give me weird, gimmicky characters to work with, and he's a lot more complicated than the simple run-n-gun Boki!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wasn't trying to blather too much about what is or is not on the dev side, which is why I was trying to be vague.

I would never violate Valve' policy. I might get.... upset.... at times, but I'd never purposefully break NDA.

That's just the sort of thing someone who'd break an NDA would say!

"Violent" and "gore" are genres now? o_O

A subgenre, sure.
---

Dragons Dogma DA is tough on normal isnt it? I like it a lot, its the better xenoblade (great) with real time combat and better atmo and more mature art imo, the MT engine is so good. I like the engine since Lost Planet on Xbox360, it was a stunner that time to me.

The skill system is lame or i dont get this. I like the classic style of setting my skill points as i want to, not a random point counter that develops... something. Not sure if im doing it wrong, but thats somewhat of a downer to me. Maybe its a japanese rpg thing, i dont know.

Deques

I just found out that I cannot send lesser than $1 with Paypal. This is weird since I was able to do so before. What has changed?

Pixieking

Banned
Steam does work over there and China is one of the cheapest regionally priced places for it. Though you get blocked from some games. This is if you switch to China in steam.

Cheers and cheers. :) I'm already looking at paid VPNs, and if Steam isn't blocked, I may switch to it for buying stuff, but I'll have a closer look at what's blocked first.

Zfp47v3.jpg

A subgenre, sure.
---

Dragons Dogma DA is tough on normal isnt it? I like it a lot, its the better xenoblade (great) with real time combat and better atmo and more mature art imo, the MT engine is so good. I like the engine since Lost Planet on Xbox360, it was a stunner that time to me.

The skill system is lame or i dont get this. I like the classic style of setting my skill points as i want to, not a random point counter that develops... something. Not sure if im doing it wrong, but thats somewhat of a downer to me. Maybe its a japanese rpg thing, i dont know.

DDDA starts hard and gets progressively easier in the regular game. Then the expansion content is like climbing a sheer cliff. I found it really fun in the "sweet spot," where it's difficult but not grindy, but most of the game didn't have that... only the early-middle parts.

Don't remember how skills are handled at all, unfortunately. Wasn't it a skill tree that you learned per-class at trainers, kind of like you would in D&D (levelling up when returning to town)? I actually liked it a lot, given how meaningful the loadout and skill selection in general was to combat.

DDDA needs a proper sequel so bad.

Cheers and cheers. :) I'm already looking at paid VPNs, and if Steam isn't blocked, I may switch to it for buying stuff, but I'll have a closer look at what's blocked first.

Like I said, western games not, but the One Piece games, Naruto games, Attack on Titan, some FF games, some not, DB Xenoverse 1, but 2 is available (why?). Such stuff.

VNs are all available. I actually think the chinese store is still better, because those games (like Naruto, Dragon Quest, Attack on Titan) etc. you can still buy from a trader or other websites like GMG, CDKeys or such.

I never quite understood how leveling and pawns interact in Dragon's Dogma. I initially "borrowed" 2 very high level ones from EmergentFocus and Coldsun(?) and cruised through the game. I then learned that that effects the rate that you earn XP so I borrowed 2 more my level from Dsyndrome and someone else and didn't really notice any change.

At that point I got a little bored with the design and aesthetic of the game and put it down.

I just found out that I cannot send lesser than $1 with Paypal. This is weird since I was able to do so before. What has changed?

Is it just when drawing from your bank account/CC or even when using your PP balance? I know a lot of people in the Group Buys group have trouble sending under $1. Apparently the seller can send you a paypal.me link to bypass the $1 minimum.

Vuze

Only reason I can imagine is they don't want to cannibalize 3DS sales. ""New"" game is hitting in March shortly after Switch. People will probably double dip if they announce a Switch port two or three months later.

Zfp47v3.jpg

DDDA starts hard and gets progressively easier in the regular game. Then the expansion content is like climbing a sheer cliff. I found it really fun in the "sweet spot," where it's difficult but not grindy, but most of the game didn't have that... only the early-middle parts.

Don't remember how skills are handled at all, unfortunately. Wasn't it a skill tree that you learned per-class at trainers, kind of like you would in D&D (levelling up when returning to town)? I actually liked it a lot, given how meaningful the loadout and skill selection in general was to combat.

DDDA needs a proper sequel so bad.

Thanks Lurker, i think i have to play some more then. Leveling in town would be something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom