• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Not to get anyone's hopes up but the final cover for Nioh is out and it has no Playstation branding at all, which could mean in the future it might be going to other systems. Knowing the Playstaion publishing though it might be 1-2 years down the road.
91-Nh0sS--L._AC_SX215_.jpg

Also my yakuza 0 got delivered early from best buy! Haven't played since yakuza 3 so hope I can get back into it. I do wonder if the series will come to PC though....SEGA!!

You can call me Toldya Boy

Hektor

What do you mean ?

User like the one with Yukiko avatar or the one with the sakura x Sasuke ones who visit every thread about japanese games coming to Steam in utter denial until they're proving wrong 9/10 times.

It's a repeating pattern always involving the same user.

At least that's what I think grief is talking about

User like the one with Yukiko avatar or the one with the sakura x Sasuke ones who visit every thread about japanese games coming to Steam in utter denial until they're proving wrong 9/10 times.

It's a repeating pattern always involving the same user.

At least that's what I think grief is talking about

Ah right, these usual suspects
1484839522-jesus.png

let us just say that various gaffers take console exclusivity too seriously
As u are well aware

Yeah. Basically, what I've been saying: "KT isn't stranger to 1st party publishing one of their games for time exclusivity".

let us just say that various gaffers take console exclusivity too seriously
As u are well aware

I'm trying to remember a certain one where somebody said it makes them feel ill to see PC getting console exclusive games cause PC gamers don't appreciate it or something.

I'm trying to remember a certain one where somebody said it makes them feel ill to see PC getting console exclusive games cause PC gamers don't appreciate it or something.

That was for FFXHD. Stomach hurting and getting physically ill because of these prankster uncles
that's the best steam meme I think, hands down.

Not to get anyone's hopes up but the final cover for Nioh is out and it has no Playstation branding at all, which could mean in the future it might be going to other systems. Knowing the Playstaion publishing though it might be 1-2 years down the road.
91-Nh0sS--L._AC_SX215_.jpg

Also my yakuza 0 got delivered early from best buy! Haven't played since yakuza 3 so hope I can get back into it. I do wonder if the series will come to PC though....SEGA!!

Not really sure, but isn't that the cover for the game in Japan which usually exclude the "Only on Playstation" type wording?

Tizoc

I want to know if that person is a ps4 owner because id ask him if he got v. Chronicles 1 on ps4
And.l if he did i would aks him to tell me how well it did comred to pc

Finished Kathy Rain. The best part of the game is probably the puzzles. They are almost all logical and satisfying to solve (I still looked a couple of things up, as I'm not the most patient P&C player).
The overall story was decent, but the writing felt a bit off with quite a few loose ends, unexplained/unresolved stuff and historical inaccuracies.

gelf

A new IP with it's own spin on a genre vs more of the same. I'm more excited by Nioh then I was for DS3, it doesn't have to be for exclusivity reasons.

Just beat BioShock.

I was expecting a
dark or dark-ish
ending, since it just seemed like that kind of game, but because I
saved all the little sisters I got a really happy ending
!

Overall I enjoyed the game and was very impressed with the world-building. I probably won't play it again, but I'm glad I experienced it.

Purkake4

Banned
XCOM 3
Long War 2
is up on the Workshop.
Wow, that team is cray.
Just beat BioShock.

I was expecting a
dark or dark-ish
ending, since it just seemed like that kind of game, but because I
saved all the little sisters I got a really happy ending
!

Overall I enjoyed the game and was very impressed with the world-building. I probably won't play it again, but I'm glad I experienced it.

Important question: have you played System Shock 2?

Purkake4

Banned
No, I haven't played any of the System Shock or other BioShock games.
If you didn't totally hate the type of game I'd recommend you check out System Shock 2. It's quite a bit more on the RPG side of the spectrum, has a pretty cool story (that Bioshock totally didn't reuse...) and much more varied gameplay.

It's on Steam and GOG.

Monooboe

Risk of Rain is so good! Why didn't you guys tell me earlier that it was so good?;) Has become my morning "wake up the brain routine"-game, with coffee and a podcast.

Also speaking of gaffers and game prices, I bought the humblebundle today for the highest tier today for 9 ish euro to get VA-11 Hall-A and tought that it was kind of expensive... then hours later I buy a wine bottle for 11 euros and don't even blink.

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
Since some of you asked questions, or mentioned you were interested I thought I'd let you know that part one of the Ghostlight Q&A is now live

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/the-ghostlight-q-a-2017

I answer a question on how we acquire new Japanese games to port to PC, which was quite interesting as I actually found out some things I didn't know about how the process works.

And also answer questions on our most challenging PC port, and my favourite games we've published :)

All combined with a healthy dose of teasing:)

If any of you have any questions then please message me them and I'll try to include them in part two.

Teggy

I'm so tempted to try Long War because I never tried the original. But I have so many other games going right now, I need to stay strong...

Grief.exe

Since some of you asked questions, or mentioned you were interested I thought I'd let you know that part one of the Ghostlight Q&A is now live

I answer a question on how we acquire new Japanese games to port to PC, which was quite interesting as I actually found out some things I didn't know about how the process works.

And also answer questions on our most challenging PC port, and my favourite games we've published :)

If any of you have any questions then please message me them and I'll try to include them in part two.

I see Ghostrick on there, great post.

Looking forward to more from Ghost light.

Tizoc

Inam at work and thus cant participate :/
May i send my list of 100 games you should look into publishing on steam to u as a private measage?

Tizoc

Cult classic action game huh?
El shaddai, lolipop chainsaw, or metal wolf chaos
Or could it actually be WINDS OF THUNDER?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom