• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
Inam at work and thus cant participate :/
May i send my list of 100 games you should look into publishing on steam to u as a private measage?

Part 2 will be in a few weeks time so there's still plenty of time if you want to ask a question.

And I'm always happy to hear what people want us to release, although 100 seems a touch excessive :)

Since some of you asked questions, or mentioned you were interested I thought I'd let you know that part one of the Ghostlight Q&A is now live

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/the-ghostlight-q-a-2017

I answer a question on how we acquire new Japanese games to port to PC, which was quite interesting as I actually found out some things I didn't know about how the process works.

And also answer questions on our most challenging PC port, and my favourite games we've published :)

All combined with a healthy dose of teasing:)

If any of you have any questions then please message me them and I'll try to include them in part two.

Thanks for answering my question !
Also, Disaster Report 4+ *wink wink*

Adnor

Banned
The M&M Showdown paint tool looks cool:

DGOlN8d.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Killing Floor 2 and Amplitude stuff (the Endless games guys that is) weekend deals... for the nth time. Man these midweeks and weekend deals really need to mix it up more, it seems they have a pool of like 30 games a year and it rotates from those only.

madjoki

is steamcardexchange still the easiest way to trade cards?

If you trade within set SteamTradeMatcher against bots with their userscript is easiest.

Killing Floor 2 and Amplitude stuff (the Endless games guys that is) weekend deals... for the nth time. Man these midweeks and weekend deals really need to mix it up more, it seems they have a pool of like 30 games a year and it rotates from those only.

Also Fuck Sega for removing complete the set bundles for endless games and not discounting DLCs at all.

Pixieking

Banned

Well, I don't know about KF2, but as for Amplitude...

Endless Day Stream & Celebration!

Hi everyone!

Some of you have been able to follow-up on the hints we've seeded here and there: yes, we will be showcasing Update 2 on the Endless Day! After the traditional wishes from Mathieu & Romain, we will be revealing what's coming to Endless Space 2 for Update 2! Tune in at 5PM CET on January 19th on our Twitch channel.

We have some cool stuff happening all week-end to celebrate our studio's 6th anniversary, starting on the evening of the 19th with a Beer2Gether held at the studio in Paris. Attendees will have the opportunity to chat with the team over drinks and snacks (our treat!), and our composer FlybyNo will be performing for us on the harp with a special guest creating the visuals! We're eager to see this in action. There are still a few spots left so make sure to save yours!

Of course, some extra cool stuff is expected for those of you who can't make it, so monitor our social channels during the days following the celebration!

We hope your 2017 is off to a great start!

That explains the Amplitude stuff being on sale (though no ES2 sale).

C4rter

Another humble key

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Victor Vran -- MB-FAB5C53DDFA4AAD7

If you didn't totally hate the type of game I'd recommend you check out System Shock 2. It's quite a bit more on the RPG side of the spectrum, has a pretty cool story (that Bioshock totally didn't reuse...) and much more varied gameplay.

It's on Steam and GOG.

Interesting. Thanks for the recommendation.

Now that Nintendo has shown they are cool with selling ripped ROMs I am hopeful SE will dump some of their SNES games on Steam.

They can start with Secret of Mana, Evermore, ActRaiser, Soulblazer, and Illusion of Gaia. And then translated versions of Treasure Hunter G and Terranigma.

Goddammit SE why to you forsake us?

Are there any fans of Gothic series here?

Don't judge me but Gothic 3 is my favorite of the series.

Tizoc

Now that Nintendo has shown they are cool with selling ripped ROMs I am hopeful SE will dump some of their SNES games on Steam.

They can start with Secret of Mana, Evermore, ActRaiser, Soulblazer, and Illusion of Gaia. And then translated versions of Treasure Hunter G and Terranigma.

Goddammit SE why to you forsake us?

Don't judge me but Gothic 3 is my favorite of the series.
Well i heard fan mods really improve gothic 3 and i look forward to seeing that

louiedog

Lots of good Steam client updates are out of beta and released to all.

A new Steam client has been released and is being automatically downloaded.

General
Updated Web control to Chromium v56.0.2924.10
Account email and password wizards are now web based and offer usability and recovery improvements
Game install folders can be moved to other Steam Library folders under Properties / Local Files
Improved download/update error messages when game files are locked by other programs
Improved error message when you fail to install a game and don't have enough disk space due to user quotas
Added ”Repair" option for Steam Library Folders to fix Windows user access rights
Support for including log files and crash dumps in system reports when submitting some types of help requests
Fixed a client issue causing HITMAN™ to skip one-time setup on new computers
Fixed an issue that could cause the client to hang when the computer wakes from sleep mode
Fixed incorrect colors in screenshots and In-Home Streaming for Vulkan applications on AMD hardware

Big Picture
Added support for using the overlay keyboard for games that have launchers
Improved display when running on retina enabled devices under OSX

Steam Controller
Added XBox 360, Xbox One, and Generic X-Input controller configurator support. This allows all recognized controller types to use the advanced mapping features of the Steam Controller Configurator. Note that because X-Input currently lacks per-controller means of unique identification, all controllers of that type will share personalization and configuration settings. As they share the same inputs, Xbox 360/One/Generic controllers will all see each-others configurations when browsing. Automatic conversion will be attempted when loading configurations from other controller types.
Unrecognized Generic X-Input gamepad style controllers will be recognized by the Steam Controller Configurator once their buttons have been assigned to match a generic gamepad layout.
Recommended configurations specified for a game by the developer will now attempt to assign based on Controller Type.
Added option to disable Guide Button issuing a Steam focus change. This is available through the Big Picture controller options menu. This allows better interoperability with other applications which use the Guide Button, such as PSNow.
Added Single Button simple button mode for trackpads. This allows a trackpad to be treated as a single giant button.
Fix for free-floating On Screen Keyboard running very slowly if a game was open but did not have focus or was running windowed.
Added independent horizontal/vertical scaling to joystick move and joystick mouse.
Joystick Move mode no longer shows mouse sensitivity option unless mouse output is selected.
Added additional support for third party PS4 controllers, including some HORI, MadCatz, and Armor pads and fight sticks.
Fixed a bug with PS4 triggers where they were being scaled incorrectly, leading to maxing out of the value too soon.
Added ability to change x-input controller order from the Controller Options menu - so in multi-controller setups of x-input games, the mapping of physical controller to x-input index can be swapped around. Note that this currently only applies to controllers that have opted into Steam Controller Configurator support.
Fixed Configurator Switch Controller interface not showing controller icons.
Re-enabled Gamepad outputs for desktop configurations for users of third party programs which hook into applications via the desktop configuration.
Added XBox Controller Rumble Support
Added ‘Turn Off Controller' Support for PS4 Bluetooth and Wireless Receiver
Added Open Big Picture controller action binding.
Fixed a bug where Steam Chords wouldn't work reliably when multiple controllers were connected and disconnected in a single session.
Fixed Volume being muted when connecting a Sony Wireless Receiver in Windows
Fixed analog stick on-screen-keyboard interactions not working inside of Big Picture
Fixed Guide Button not switching into Big Picture when Steam has focus but Guide Button Focus option has been disabled.
Add support for Emio PS4 "Elite" controller

Windows
Added overlay support for new Windows 10 Insider preview builds

OSX
Reduced energy usage when Steam is not the active application rights

Linux
Improved interactions between the Steam runtime and host distribution libraries, which should let Steam work out of the box with open-source graphics drivers on modern distributions. If using an older distribution or running into problems, use STEAM_RUNTIME_PREFER_HOST_LIBRARIES=0 to revert to previous behavior.
Unify close-to-tray behavior with other platforms. If using a distribution that doesn't have proper compatible tray support, use STEAM_FRAME_FORCE_CLOSE=0
Added idle detection, friend status will now automatically switch to Away/Snooze
Fixed Steam not obeying SIGTERM, Steam will now gracefully exit when logging out of a session
Fixed keyboard input and cursor switching in overlay for Vulkan applications
Update Vulkan loader in the Steam runtime to enable Xlib support
Updated libxcb in the runtime with a fix for DRI3-related crashes on open-source graphics drivers

inky

That Endless Grand Master Collection is so tempting.

But hell, I've owned Endless Space for forever and never played it more than a few hours. (I realize it might be cheaper to buy it piece-meal anyway, at least in my region). Endless Legend seems like too much game, never-mind that there's also another game with DLC in the pack.

barber

But hell, I've owned Endless Space for forever and never played it more than a few hours. Endless Legend seems like too much game.

Endless Legend is one of the best 4x though i dont really like the combat that much... Civ 6 even took ideas from them with the quest (tech advancement stuff) and the building on the map.
Plus the races are better characterized than on Endless Space (not like it is hard).
Any opinion on Endless Space 2? Havent actually followed it that hard and it should launch soonish.

LordRaptor

But hell, I've owned Endless Space for forever and never played it more than a few hours. (I realize it might be cheaper to buy it piece-meal anyway, at least in my region). Endless Legend seems like too much game, never-mind that there's also another game with DLC in the pack.

I'm in this boat, and a bit confused there's no "already own" discount for Endless Space, and the piecemeal packs seem to be missing DLC

Nabs

Shovel Knight still hasn't gone below 33% off on Steam. That $15 might be the best deal you'll see in a while.

Teggy

Managed to finish RE Revelations during lunch so I'll be able to start RE6 tonight. From what I have heard it is the best RE yet!

rahji

I defeated freya the spider queen in dark souls 2. but I cheated to be honest. The area before that boss was so easy so I decided to take a human effigy and found 3(!) summoning spots. It was quite a fun battle with 3 jolly companions. And no one died.
I also decided to use a shield now. Without shield it is so fucking hard.

Shantom

That looks great, I can't believe something like this needs to go through Green Light given the amount of shovelware that is shat directly onto the store front on the daily.

They're probably choosing to go through Greenlight to advertise their Fig campaign

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I have a question about global achievement stats. How are those calculated? Does it count everyone who has launched the game, regardless if they've gotten an achievement? Does the fact that people list their profiles as private affect the their calculation (I doubt it)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom