• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's an HD remaster of the good version of FF12. Has a cool job system and super convenient fast forward to make trash mobs and running through towns not shitty.

It's probably the best game released with Final Fantasy in the name since the PS1.

so its not a new game but rather a remixed version of 12? but 12 hd was alreaady announced months ago for ps4? im confused, was endruen just living under a rock? :3

is Zodiac Age another X-2 or 13-2 thing? I didnt know they had so many non-numbered sequels, or direct sequels to numbered entries I guess.

Theres also that FF4 one too.

I think it's just 12 with some changes from the original release, the biggest one being a change in the job system.

so its not a new game but rather a remixed version of 12? but I thought 12 hd was alreaady announced months ago for ps4? im confused

This is that game that was announced months ago, they just added a subtitle to the name.

It's not even new, just new to the West. There's a US translation you can play through on PCSX2 which is how I originally played it, and it looks/runs perfect.

I played Grim Fandango for like 20 minutes and was bored to tears. I've never played a point-and-click adventure game... maybe you had to grow up with this stuff. It's like halfway between a movie and a game, and TBH I'd rather either just watch a movie or play a (more action-oriented) game.

I just died a little inside. i love P&C games and know its not for everybody but wish they were :(

Does anyone know why HDR has been so slow to make its way to PC? Nvidia had that big slideshow of games a while ago and Shadow Warrior 2 is still the only one?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why the fuck does RE7 unlock in the middle of the night?

Unlocks in 10 hours so...4am whut? o_O

Grief.exe

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age announced as a remaster for PS4.
1366_2000.jpg

PC release somewhere in the future?

Fully expect Ffxii to be released on PC.

Does anyone know why HDR has been so slow to make its way to PC? Nvidia had that big slideshow of games a while ago and Shadow Warrior 2 is still the only one?

Monitor manufacturers are just coming around to providing support in the next wave of high end monitors, but that will still represent a tiny minority. Even assuming some will be able to use their HDR TVs.

Still appealing to a niche of a niche currently.

I think Grim Fandango is a legitimately bad game with completely nonsensical puzzles that follow no thread of logic. There's a reason the genre died for so long.

Yep, there is.

People's lack of patience, and demand of instant and constant progression.

Just talking in general, not about any specific persons. :)

Rhaknar

Something weird is going on. It has said it unlocks in 10 hours since I woke up this morning.

I was hoping it was at midnight so I could still try it a bit (im off work tonight) but im not staying up until 4am, I get enough of that shit all week at work >_>)

Yep, there is.

People's lack of patience, and demand of instant and constant progression.

Just talking in general, not about any specific persons. :)
I much prefer games like Myst or Dracula 3 that require you to study the environment, read setting appropriate texts, etc. Grim Fandango always felt like I had to just experiment blindly for half the puzzles, and that was if I hadn't left some barely visible item in another area(that often required you to alter it in another area)

Monitor manufacturers are just coming around to providing support in the next wave of high end monitors, but that will still represent a tiny minority. Even assuming some will be able to use their HDR TVs.

Still appealing to a niche of a niche currently.
I've had a 4K HDR tv for a while and it's just weird to be behind consoles with such a wonderful thing.

Grim Fandango always felt like I had to just experiment blindly for half the puzzles, and that was if I hadn't left some barely visible item in another area(that often required you to do alter it in another area)

This has been my experience with the game so far as well.
I love the writing and characters, but the puzzles have been....huh...

Vuze

Obduction got an HDR patch few months ago as well. But yeah, adoption is super slow right now. Hopefully picks up once the displays are hitting the market. Hitman is getting an HDR patch at the end of the month too so that's cool.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So many Final Fantasy games. Anyone out there actually play all of them?

The only Final Fantasy game on Steam I haven't played is Lightning Returns. The only ones I haven't beat are Lightning Returns, A Realm Reborn (is there even an "end" to this MMO?), Final Fantasy XIII-2, and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years.

Ascheroth

The struggle is real in trying to keep up with a game you left for too long and can't quite recall exactly what was going on

I think I've restarted The Last Remnant 3 times because of this - and I'm still not halfway through, lol.
But lately I found that I'm getting a lot better with just continuing instead of restarting in those cases.

Phawx

I really like adventure games, especially the older ones that require you to type to get stuff done.

Though I did grow up with them.

Anyhoo, if you feel like you'd still like to be aware of what those games are like but watch it more as a movie, on Youtube you can search for "LongPlays"

LongPlays are distinct in that they are complete runs of games with very few mistakes, non-skipping of cutscenes/intros and zero commentary. In effect, you are watching a game as if it were a movie. And in the context of an Adventure game, you'll be able to absorb all of the bits and pieces (without any of the eureka moments), but they do work pretty decently as a weird movie of sorts.

Endruen

Now that we're kinda talking about Final Fantasy, should I play the original VII (which I already have) or wait for the remake? The fact that it's episodic and they changed the battle system holds me back a bit.

Nyoro SF

I always avoid threads like those 99% of the time (just realized I posted in the online pay thread recently lol). They're dumpster fires of bad opinions and negativity. Would rather post in more positive ones like the sales threads.

Parsnip

FF12 HD is one of the games I'm most looking forward to. I'm still hoping that it's sneaky sneaky day and date release (they have to start doing that at some point, right?), but I'm obviously just a hopeful optimist.
But at worst it's probably another 12 month deal.

The struggle is real in trying to keep up with a game you left for too long and can't quite recall exactly what was going on
I'm dreading going back to Witcher 3 (again). I think I'm in Skellige (again) looking for someone's son who's hunting giants or something like that.

Any chance for >30 fps?
I wouldn't expect it.

xezuru

17 pages of lazy gamers who can't sit upright while playing their games.

I dont understand this console mentality, maybe it's because my life/work was always surrounded by computer usage, but my computer space is a man shrine of 100% comfort and entertainment. What's the point of buying a chair you sit on for 80% of your life if it isn't comfortable same said for all things on pc and all "comfort" complaints on it.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
One of the first comments was ease of moving a console around.

My broken PS4 HDMI port would like a word with them. It's a fragile piece of shit

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
VCdvKYZ.gif

My face when reading the latest PC thread or a random woman's reaction to Amber Rose discussing buttstuff on her short-lived VH1 talk show.

I'll never tell!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
pre-loading RE7. Getting nervous just thinking about playing this game

Ascheroth

pre-loading RE7. Getting nervous just thinking about playing this game

Ive started the demo, looked around in the room, heard noises outside of the door and closed the game.
I can only play horror games in 2 minute sessions. (until I have convinced myself again that it's just a game and nothing is real and get used to it over time).
And yet I always want to play them, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom