• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanrutcon

When you're about to go into a thread, but know it's going to be a trainwreck.

#restraint

zExNtCS.jpg

If we ever needed to audit the amount of ignorant couch doughballs on GAF, that thread would be a fine starting point.

Endruen

Ive started the demo, looked around in the room, heard noises outside of the door and closed the game.
I can only play horror games in 2 minute sessions. (until I have convinced myself again that it's just a game and nothing is real and get used to it over time).
And yet I always want to play them, lol.
Never touch a VR headset then.

Parsnip

Ive started the demo, looked around in the room, heard noises outside of the door and closed the game.
I can only play horror games in 2 minute sessions. (until I have convinced myself again that it's just a game and nothing is real and get used to it over time).
And yet I always want to play them, lol.

I'm the same.
Waiting on RE7, the demo didn't quite grab me so I'll see how it shakes out in the end.

Nabs

#restraint

zExNtCS.jpg

You're missing out.

"Lack of unified walled garden. Why are there so many different places to buy games on one platform? Steam/GOG/Battlenet/uplay/WMP/GMG/Origin/humble etc. I want all my games to come from one place per platform. Not joking."

GAMEPROFF

Banned
You're missing out.

"Lack of unified walled garden. Why are there so many different places to buy games on one platform? Steam/GOG/Battlenet/uplay/WMP/GMG/Origin/humble etc. I want all my games to come from one place per platform. Not joking."

Retail games still exist on consoles. And most likely are the retail deals sometimes much better then Steam Sales nowadays.

GaussTek

XSEED/Marvelous USA PC status update:

Trails in the Sky 3rd is chugging along and should be out in Spring 2017. Benefits of being able to do all the PC work in-house without having to rely on Falcom and the ability to edit and test all work locally.

Damn, and I haven't played TitS SC yet, need to do it ASAP :S It felt so far when they announced The 3rd, but now it's almost here.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You're missing out.

...but thats exactly the reason why I buy / want all my games on steam >_>

Well except when he lists stores and not clients of course.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
...but thats exactly the reason why I buy / want all my games on steam >_>

I agree, I hate that I have now 15 clients with different games on my PC. Most likely I will never play some of my games because I need to boot up a shitty ass client like Origin or UPlay up.

I have no clue why they are so inferior compared to Steam, which is an really amazing software for managing a collection.

Nyoro SF

It could be one of the games sega eu supposedly has in the works.

Unfortunately that title was directly deconfirmed.

It's kind of sad, but the way Sega is built as a company, they are more inefficient than almost any other Japanese firm for getting their titles on PC. Like watching a car with 5 drivers at the steering wheel.

Parsnip

It's kind of sad, but the way Sega is built as a company, they are more inefficient than almost any other Japanese firm for getting their titles on PC. Like watching a car with 5 drivers at the steering wheel.

I mean, if you take Hardin's word as an absolute truth, sure.

Grief.exe

Retail games still exist on consoles. And most likely are the retail deals sometimes much better then Steam Sales nowadays.

You're missing the point.

The open approach allows for more competition away from Steam, which nets us lower prices.

Many sites sell Steam keys anyways.

Are you using the fps fix? You can also disable the HUDs by editting an .ini file.

Yeah, I'm using the FPS fix. Wish I knew how to change the timing on the Mission 4 boss, though; managed to beat him anyway, but that QTE requires the most frantic button-mashing I've ever seen in a QTE.

Tizoc

I wish Yakuza 0 was coming to PC. Looks like I'm gonna have to pick that up real soon on the PS4.

At this rate, I'd settle for Y1+2 HD.

Yeah, I'm using the FPS fix. Wish I knew how to change the timing on the Mission 4 boss, though; managed to beat him anyway, but that QTE requires the most frantic button-mashing I've ever seen in a QTE.

Odd if you apply the fps fix you can also set the QTE speed as well to be more responsive. I hadn't had any issues with that tbh ^^;

If we ever needed to audit the amount of ignorant couch doughballs on GAF, that thread would be a fine starting point.

I prefer playing videogames on my couch and on my big ass TV. Sue me. That's why I hooked up my PC to my TV.
Why are some people here so defensive?

Knurek

#restraint

zExNtCS.jpg

I loved that mcrommert confirmed he doesn't play on PC.
You know, mcrommert.
image.php

The guy that was in every single Windows Store thread defending UWP to kingdom come from rabid Steam fanboys.

Ascheroth

Yeah, it's really baffling. you have SEGA Europe, whose bread and butter is PC games and iirc they make up a lot of SEGAs revenue, and yet they're completely incompetent when it comes to bringing their console offerings over.
They'd rather bring Valkyria Revolution to XBox instead, a platform that has no history with the franchise and where japanese games are not known to do well in general. Not like VC sold like a million on PC or anything.
Not that I think that VC sales are indicative of how Revolution would do on PC, since it's a different genre and all, but still.

At this rate, I'd settle for Y1+2 HD.

Odd if you apply the fps fix you can also set the QTE speed as well to be more responsive. I hadn't had any issues with that tbh ^^;

I looked through the .ini files for that boss and didn't see a variable that clearly corresponded to the QTE timing, so I didn't change anything. I'm sure one of them did, though!

Reading that PC thread...I see Sean Spicer already did his job spreading fake news to those folks so that's why you see all those head-scratching bullet points.

maty

#restraint

zExNtCS.jpg

This type of threads are worthless, most console players will dismiss pc for whatever reason just like many pc gamers will do the same with consoles. Better avoid.

Also, pointing fingers to make fun of others because they prefer consoles either because they are ignorant or lazy in regards to the benefits of pc gaming or just because they choose to play in those platforms is just as childish as many reasons given to avoid pc.

Yes, many of them are fanboys which can not be reasoned with, nevertheless they still support the same hobby we all like.

I have several friends that know playing on pc can provide better performance and lots of other beneftis yet they still choose to play on consoles.

AHA-Lambda

I wish Yakuza 0 was coming to PC. Looks like I'm gonna have to pick that up real soon on the PS4.

It really is amazing that so many major Japanese titles still aren't coming to PC (FF15, Persona, Nioh etc) when Steam has shown how vibrant the community for these titles can be =/

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
I loved that mcrommert confirmed he doesn't play on PC.
You know, mcrommert.
image.php

The guy that was in every single Windows Store thread defending UWP to kingdom come from rabid Steam fanboys.

QZDBSUF.gif

edit
I've just realized that his nickname is mcrommert and not mrcomment

It really is amazing that so many major Japanese titles still aren't coming to PC (FF15, Persona, Nioh etc) when Steam has shown how vibrant the community for these titles can be =/

Square Enix is fully on the double-dipping train so FF15 not being on PC yet is no surprise (plus them struggling to get the PS4 and XBONE version up and running, if the PC version came out day and date it might have been a trainwreck). Atlus is Atlus and will come to PC when they feel like it. Nioh feels like a game that Sony is funding time-exclusivity for and will not care if it goes anywhere else once they get all the sales they can pushing it for their system and the exclusivity clause is up.

The only thing i'm peeved about is Nier. They were fully OK saying it is coming to PS4/PC then all of a sudden the PC version feels like something they accidentally announced. I would be OK if they came out and said "we ran into development issues and had to push it back" or "to have the best version possible, we need a little more time to bring out Nier to PC", instead we get a vague 2017, the steam logo not appearing in any marketing, and the overall avoidance of talking about the PC version in general.

Vuze

Steam mobile app still doesn't allow redeeming game keys, right? Can it be done from the browser or only from the desktop client?
Only way to "regularly" redeem is from desktop client. I guess you could somehow rig up a way to redeem keys on the go while you have ASF running at home on a server or sth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom